youtube.com/watch?v=JrOW9m-e1yA
youtube.com/watch?v=DIqu_0O7NKc
m.soundcloud.com/oolacile/kuratas
m.soundcloud.com/aiimless/aimless-drown
m.soundcloud.com/punishmentmusic/punishment-vague
m.soundcloud.com/murdadubz/machines-can-cry
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

brostep, yes. dubstep, no.

i'm objectively right, anyway you fucking rockist piece of shit.

I liked it back in 2010 but its hardly changed since then.

>brostep, yes. dubstep, no.
this

I think the sound design is really good on some tracks though. I feel as though I can feel the corporate, what I consider to be misguided, youth emanating from the sound so it bothers me however.

Eh some of its bearable I guess. Brostep is a steaming pile of shit tho

Brostep is actually the best subgenre of EDM and is in one of it's most creative and prosperous phases right now. Not even memeing.

Early 2000's dubstep no. But now it's atrocious. Amazes me how the genre was destroyed by one guy (Skrillex)

Before it was relaxing moody repetitive, but now it's full autism.

>most creative
entire genre literally defined by modulating an LFO rate

riddim dubstep : youtube.com/watch?v=P2TWudz-w2U

old school: youtube.com/watch?v=WtMlB-BEMso

good shit youtube.com/watch?v=uC_A5c3toU4

What's brostep?

oh hell yeah, rusko is the shit

some of its good, in like the same way some linkin park songs or limp bizkit songs are good.

wait i was talking about brostep. i dont even know what dubstep is man.

no. the british pre-2010 dubstep some purist nerds are going to push as "good" though, is fucking terrible without fail

*though
jeez

dumb

the people who were making the good early 2000s dubstep still make good dubstep now mostly

dubstep is an offshoot of uk garage where you fuck around with low frequencies. it gets its name from 2 step garage and dub reggae. here is a good dubstep track:

youtube.com/watch?v=C5Xxw0QP4I4

If you have ANY idea about synthesis, particularly bass-lines. Listen to snails and tell me that shit is not some creative bass design for brostep. One of the only true artists I believe who makes 'vomitstep'.

youtube.com/watch?v=5krL1GyzwJo&list=PLfEYAtS5sCvnx8D00363M14XNa_7HGeHw

Thanks user, but that guy obviously doesn't even listen or care about this music so I doubt he'll really be affected.

Also, Herobust. Holy fuck talk about sound design and just straight up high production value.

>Also, Herobust
I will give him a suss, cheers dude.

Most edm like it is just boring

>Before it was boring as sin, but now it's got some actual entertainment value

>vomitstep
l o l
That track was annoying. Yeah the sound design is ok but I wouldn't say its revolutionary by any means.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hd3s_jubB_s
This is the track that changed dubstep

Botnek also uses that crazy sound, not really dubstep but still good

this is horrible.

Damn dude that song still goes hard, was listening to skism talk about dubstep and it's timeline, talked about that shit and wow. Fucking sure as hell revolutionized dubstep, most songs still use that pattern

It didn't revolutionize shit. Even Benga and Skream played similar stuff early '00. Not in '09.

Link to similar skream/benga track pls. All I'm saying is that goblin still gets a rewind eveytime.

The fact you have to say you're not memeing tells me you're memeing, kid. Brostep is terrible. Bottom of the barrel tier shit.

Not him but and don't know when this was created.

youtube.com/watch?v=JrOW9m-e1yA

Skream and Benga are the ones who created this sound.

Sorry man but that sounds nothing alike. I'm not shitting on skream, hes a legend, but his sounds were just different.

And then it made Benga become a bipolar schizo and Skream pretended to be a house DJ

It's not bad, music taste has just moved on.

It's no longer cool in 2016 so people will claim it was never cool and they hated it all along.

Yeah especially with trap (edm) gaining more momentum. I just hope this pushes Dubstep artists to work hard and push out better tracks.

Botnek and Snails actually have a few tracks together. They're a really cool duo.

The fact that you called me kid tells me you're probably 19 years old and like to act condescending on a mongolian basket weaving forum.

Trap has already gained momentum and is the big thing in edm. Dubstep (brostep) artists have been working very hard to push out better tracks.
It's been happening for about a year or two now.

True that i didn't enjoy last year as much as I did this year that's for sure, especially with tracks like this

youtube.com/watch?v=DIqu_0O7NKc

Further, brostep is hindered by strict parameters. Heavy, industrial-esqe modulated bass... flops, huge snare, 15 synths that are placed in the stereo image like rays of goddamn sunlight, and those WHOOP! WHOOP!! WEW WEW wew POOOOWWWWWW AIEYAIYAIYAIE!!!! noises... No room to breathe.

You can create so, so much more with the basic template of dubstep. Get some samples, get a smooth ass bass line just as you would if you were writing pretty much any other genre, and express with some drum machines, even live instruments, and even turntablism.

That being said, songs like T1 by Torqx or Dinosaurs by 16 Bit should not be labeled brostep. Although that ray-of-sunlight synth refrence, that happens in alot of "dubstep" and it's arena trash. Subjectively, of course, but overall brostep is to dubstep what Lil Yachty is to Mac Dre.

ok too harsh

lil yachty might actually be fucking retarded

at least brostep takes an IQ higher than 80 to comprehend

kek

nice bait dude, copied

what the fuck is brostep?

dupstep. chavs just didnt like how the sound has changed

I think some of it has interesting stuff to offer, production-wise. Alot of it is just the same, though.
m.soundcloud.com/oolacile/kuratas
m.soundcloud.com/aiimless/aimless-drown

Also
m.soundcloud.com/punishmentmusic/punishment-vague
m.soundcloud.com/murdadubz/machines-can-cry