You know how Lawnmower Man looks to us now...

You know how Lawnmower Man looks to us now? (Lawnmower Man was considered impressive for its time) What movies in the 00's will look like this, but to future people?

I think we've pased the point that movies will look really dated. that was just the transition to CGI movies of the 90's like the transition to movies with voice actors from silent films. It's why movies from the 70's will hold up in the future as a whole, more than the 90's not because of time as much as technology.

but let's say 300, because .

Reminds me of shitty 1995 Doom wads

Nobody considered this impressive when it came out. Everyone said it looked like shit.

IS Lawnmower Man the End of Evangelion of American films?

That's some uncanny valley shit right there.

it's about a retard who gains reality warping powers and uploads himself to the internet... soooo yes

Every capeshit

even more bizzare is the short story this is based on is absolutely nothing to do with computers or technology at all, it's a guy who eats grass and sets his lawnmower after people

I only watched this movie on shrooms and it seemed like the most profound fucking things I had even seen. I later found it for $5 at f.y.e, but haven't watched it.

I know it won't hold up.

How exactly was VR supposed to make him smarter again?

They were giving him experimental drugs too, I think. That's why he went crazy after the military started giving him their super soldier serum.

His mind was being connected to the Internet or some shit

>They made a sequel to lawnmower man

so much so that stephen king took his name off it

Wasn't it like they uploaded his mind to the computer and he became free of his physical disabilities that were making him dumb?

Daniel Keyes has more business getting a credit than Stephen King.

For some reason I always read Stephen King stories but never see the movies. Still haven't seen The Shining.

The Lawnmower Man is cool:
>Guy hires someone to cut his lawn for him.
>Some bubba redneck turns up.
>Seems like an okay guy. Called "Pan".
>Takes all his clothes off suddenly.
>Has cloven hooves for feet.
>Rolls around the guy's lawn eating his grass like a madman.
>Guy panics because there's a fat naked dude eating grass in his garden so he calls the cops.
>Pan overhears and eats the guy.
So what the fuck does this movie have to do with that.

the titles were a coincidence
don't fuck with either lawnmower man

>Don't mind me, I'm just riding my space moped

Lawn mower Man didn't necessaarily look impressive when it came out.

But it was original, creative and entertaining.

Todays scify and futuristic movies are nothing but recycled cgi shit shows.

I know Jobe was an idiot, but it still bugs me that he felt living inside computers was better than being a god that could telepathically erase humans if he wanted.

>Jobe was an idiot
Jobe was autistic, you autist

>living inside computers
>not being a god.

This
I actually didn't sleep after watching this as a kid because it looked so weird it made me very uncomfortable.

TOP fuckin kek are you serious?

>MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY TELEPHONE ON EARTH RINGING SIMULTANEOUSLY!

Think of flowers for algernon except the brother of menelaus turns into a cyberspace kill crazy god.

Dont go in with high expectations but its a pretty good watch.

This

Why didn't Star Wars fags point this out when the movie first came out?

I'd fuck 'em.

Holy shit, cat people! Literally never done before.

Omg thank you. I remember seeing this as a kid and had no idea what it was. Gonna watch this now.