Complains about Hollywood producing garbage, sequels, and remakes

>complains about Hollywood producing garbage, sequels, and remakes
>doesn't pay for any of his content.

Why do you like to kill the very industry you love discussing so much here, Sup Forums?

i already saw 3 movies in theater this year, that's 30€ i will never get back

Fuck Hollywood. They can keep making shit, I don't care.

>i already saw 3 movies in theater this year

And you probably stole 30

Why would I pay for shit content?

hold up, nigger
are you trying to imply paying for my movies is going to make them better? If they're already shit and I pay for them I'm essentially saying with my wallet "please keep creating shit content"

>complains about Hollywood producing garbage, sequels, and remakes
>90% of TV is capeshit and starwars

But i don't go to the movies or pirate. I don't even buy dvd's or use any streaming service at all.

>le piracy is theft meme
>le piracy is lost sales meme
>le piracy is killing the industry meme

Give me one solid factual reason why piracy is bad when 75 to 90% of people who pirate shit were never going to pay for it anyway. You take piracy out of the equation you literally generate 0 additional sales. Probably lose some from people who weren't sure they would like it but pirate it and do and end up paying for it anyway.

I want Hollywood to die.
I just hope I'm stealing enough.

Why aren't you helping me OP?

>seek out movie
>sit through the download
>watch the whole thing
>"wasn't gonna watch it anyway guise"

I only pirate ham

>seek out movie you're not sure you'll like
>sit through download
>watch less than half of it
>it's just as shit as you imagined it
>gee I sure am glad I didn't risk blowing 10-20 bucks at the theater or 30+ on and actual physical copy

FTFY retard

He said he wasn't going to PAY for it, dipshit.

There is no reason to pay for media other than charity.

>black phillip is fit as fuck
>is fucking young white women with his bbh (big black horns)
>stronger than all the white goats
>has bitches so crazy that they recite rhymes and drive there family to ruinous death

how can you white goats hope to compete

Hasn't it already been proven in the music industry that piracy actually increases interest and sales?

I do pirate but because my pirating makes me so into films I now go to the cinema a minimum of twice a month. Without pirating I doubt very much that would be happening.

>90% of movies are sequels and remakes
>this takes up the majority of a board that mostly discusses current releases.

Well color me suprised

Using illegal outlets because you are so addicted to tv and flicks is the most fedora fucking thing I have ever heard
Coming on here and defending it morally is the second most fedora thing I have ever heard

Your post is the most fedora thing I've ever heard

>I ain't addicted to shit stop strawmanning
>you don't have to defend shit morally if it's not immoral to begin with

I'm still waiting for a single solitary reason why pirating is bad or immoral, but please, keep memeing to make yourself feel better.

>Give me one solid factual reason why piracy is bad
> 75 to 90% of people who pirate shit were never going to pay for it anyway

ZOMG! Internet piracy is phucking KILLING the industry!!! If you keep pirating there will be NO MORE FILMS!!!!

So what's your point? Smart consumerism is bad? Trying before you buy should be punishable by death?

Nah my point is that you just asked people to present one solid factual reason why piracy is bad, only to then admit that piracy actually does take away paying customers.
Damn son, you played yourself.

>piracy actually does take away paying customers

People who were never going to give you money in the first place are not lost customers whether or not they watched your shitty movie. That's the most illogical fucking thing I've ever heard.

>gee this movie looks terrible
>(in a world with piracy) guess I'll pirate it and see what's up without having to spend a dime
>(in a world without piracy) guess I'll wait around and see if I'm proven right then laugh at all the fags who spent money on it

And not a single customer was created that day.

Are you retarded? If they were never going to pay for it anyway, then there are no sales lost as a result of piracy.

Can't tell if shitposting or just dumb.

>paying for garbage
You see the problem here, son?
That's not how the market works.

Not to mention the industry Has never made so much money.
Sometimes I wanna think jews are sending their paid shills to this board instead of thinking people are actually this gullible and stupid.

Because jews, that's why you fucking kike.

>Sometimes I wanna think jews are sending their paid shills to this board

Have you not actually been paying attention to the copypasta Warcraft spam?

how is it theft? how is it even piracy?

That's on par with autism behaviour, there's always that one guy wanting to meme. But le piracy is killing le industry shit is too muh

Reminder to seed your torrents

I'm just too cheap/poor. Why pay for cable or buy dvds when you have kodi add ons?

Paying to see shitty blockbusters doesn't actually make Hollywood studios invest in better movies, because they knowingly have ceased to fund modest productions where filmmakers have more control, not because it wasn't profitable but because safe bland blockbusters are MORE profitable. That is to say, you're retarded op.

>dvds
kek

>Went to see Civil War in the theatre today
>€8, plus €2.50 for a small coke
>Sat through a quarter of an hour of adverts
>sat through another quarter of an hour of trailers
>when the trailers were over, they played more ads
>finally the film starts, an hour after I first sat down

>come home
>check torrents, started them all this morning
>pic related

Why the fuck would I pay them to show me ads? Fuck that shit, it's a scam.

>loving hollywood

I seriously hope none of you fags do this, even ironically

>Another year of record profits
>"PIRACY IS TOTALLY KILLING CINEMA YOU GUYS!"

>Reminder to seed your torrents

*at private trackers

>if more people paid for garbage there would be less of it

yea, that doesn't actually work

>there are people on Sup Forums
>who don't use private torrent trackers
>who don't use private DDL sites
>who don't use private NZB indexers
>who actually pay the Jews for stuff they can easily get online for free.

you get it the wrong way. We are pirating BECAUSE Hollywood produces garbage.

Those small filesizes are triggering.

A10 v10, thanks yifi

its so much more convenient to pirate things which is ironic

>tfw you stopped torrenting when demonoid died and was working on the road for a few years
>When i came back private trackers were already a thing and i dont know how it works
Feelsbadman

>its so much more convenient to pirate things

Wait until one of the buyfags comes in here and argues the opposite.

demonoid is back up bro

I pay for good content

It's irrelevant because enough plebs pay for garbage for hollywood to keep churning it out

>oh no piracy!
Meanwhile big blockbusters keep hitting the 1 bil mark now

I still remember a time when there would only be a few trailers before a film, then tv-tier adverts start coming before films too
Why do they insist on making the experience as shit as possible?

Considering movies still make profit enough to make more who gives a shit not even the people who make them.

Piracy is not theft, no more than Star Wars replicators are theft.

Stop parroting corporate memes m80 :^)

>It's irrelevant because enough plebs pay for garbage for hollywood to keep churning it out

Exactly. You can buy every good movie ever made and have an entire wall devoted to Criterion Blurays, etc but you will ALWAYS be outnumbered 1000 to 1 by the millions of retards who pay for Transforrmers 4.

Therefore, piracy is a perfectly valid way to obtain media.

If I watch a film, and it's good, I buy it so that people make more good films.

If I pirate a film, and it's bad, I don't pay for it, because I don't want to encourage people to make bad films.

Simple.

>paying for movies

>Star Wars replicators
>Star
>Wars

Star Trek* replicators, but the two universes rip each other off all the time and Star Wars probably has an equivalent to replicators.

Also, to add a bit of perspective to the function of piracy in society, it's basically a kind of media welfare for people who can't afford to pay for media, which is by and large a way for middle class people to signal to each other. Take a shot of grain alcohol every time you hear a well-to-do hipster upper middle class dork mention Netflix.

A somewhat similar thing going on between dirt cheap Android smartphones and people who can afford Apple products. The practical difference is that one signals you're part of the middle class and one signals you're a poor fuck.

Even this crusading against pirates is a way for the bourgeois to "chastise" the 'immoral' and 'unprincipled' great unwashed, who are synonymous with criminals anyway, if it's not piracy it's some other thing that can be invoked.

indeed, do you want hollywood to bankrupt or what? don't you like movies?
you wouldn't want your kids to grow up with Bollywood, would you?

>industry
>kill

Don't worry about them, they are still drowning in cash, more than ever before.

I would steal a car.

The ministry of truth needs to hurry up and remove any sort of distinction between "pay for" and "watch." Then we could avoid all of this confusion.

Best part about that entire campaign is how it was trying to make a post-scarcity paradise seem like a BAD thing.

Hi guys

>Scene releases
>no encodes
Literally why. Not even one 10gb encode.
I'm triggered tbqh

... every release is an encode, yo.

No REAL encodes.
An mkv does not an encode make.
Lemme know when you're on HDB ,son.

>Star Wars replicators

Stealth bait, well done.

>actually donating your hard earned money to the lecherous gay-promoting zionist propaganda machine that is hollywood

kys

is there any example of industry that died because of piracy?

... negro I think you're getting encode and remux confused.

Are you implying a scene encode and a HDB internal encode are the same thing?
Because i'm implying the opposite , that's my BLATANT point i'm putting across.
FUCKING RETARDED CUNT

The food industry died because people can just grow their own food.

anyone else see this kind of shit and just think what am i doing on the internet? could this happen to me or what?

Any instance where a audio or video stream is converted from one format to a different format is an encode of the original format.

Well typically a movie is something that you pay for, that's how the company makes profits

but who cares right it's giant corporations and you weren't going to pay for it anyways because you can't because you're a NEET right?

I only pirate old movies that I haven't seen. New movies I either see in the theater or watch On Demand, or if it's really good I'll buy the blu ray

I haven't watched a movie in years, pirated or otherwise

But-but-but it was the other way around. Barely no one grows their own food because you can just buy it :(

>look mum i'm being pedantic on the internet
Keep letting the scene cum in your mouth then big boy

Sup Forums appeals mostly to children who confuse it's angry and bitter tone for truth because of how it contrasts with the calm complacency of first world life.

So if it hasn't infected you yet, its not going to.

Though I did go from completely raceblind to being able to infer a person's entire genological history from their faces and mannerisms as a result of not getting the fuck off Sup Forums when I should've (2008).

>be stupid
>use words wrong
>get called on it
>call em a pedant
>le flawless victory faec

>look mum I don't realise words have connotations
Clearly alluding to the difference in quality between an axxo 'encode' and a DON encode kid

>implying none of what he said is true

good goy

I will not pay any money to the kikes.

The kikes are our enemies.

I long for the day that there is a REAL final solution.

I can't wait to see Sup Forums when it comes.

>kill the very industry

Oy vey... I mean, golly! Hollywood is going broke!...

How is it any different from going around to your friends house and watching his copy?

But it's true. You're just being a faggot who doesn't know what words mean.

don't you think we know what's in your best interest?

If it wasn't for piracy you never would have seen services like iTunes, Netflix, digital downloads, and all the other shit that makes obtaining media legally easier.

Piracy is a check on the industry that causes them to innovate to better serve the consumer. The ultimate competitor is the one who can give the the consumers the product for free.

>kill the industry

Hollywood has never had bigger profit margins than now, try again cuck

>Though I did go from completely raceblind to being able to infer a person's entire genological history from their faces and mannerisms as a result of not getting the fuck off Sup Forums when I should've (2008).

what god-tier bait.

so subtle. yet so bold.

Why did you get Jurassic World twice

I pirate because it's easy and I can get away with it. I have a brand new 4TB drive that I'm stuffing to the gills with everything I can possibly think I'd ever watch.

>not getting the fuck off Sup Forums when I should've (2008)

but user

>Doesn't pay for any of his content

But I pay for the good movies.

I saw BvS and the Witch in theaters, and I won't see Civil War in theaters. It's the best I can do.

> standing up for gays and jews

yes, you must leave the internet goy! you'll be a hardcore neo nazi bigot in exactly one hour if you let these evil racists infect your mind with any more Sup Forums hitler propoganda!

but what?