Interesting how people talk about how heavy this album is so it makes them look tough...

Interesting how people talk about how heavy this album is so it makes them look tough, when the entire album mocks strength and domination.

Fucking this. It's one of the most misunderstood albums in music.

i've never seen anyone on here with that opinion even one time

no one says that xD

No one thinks that but it's still a great workout album.

Swans is a meme band get over it

xDD

People get into jerking contests about what albums are heavier. If you've never seen a person talk about how much heavier they think early Swans is than black metal then I'm ashamed to have made this post.

I guarantee you no "tough" people listen to fucking Swans

only fags like me who cry to "Love Will Save You"

Beatles were a SWANS cover band

>tfw it won't save me

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUN DUUUN

I thought it was more mocking of mental torment and social domination than physical though. Most of the lyrics seem more like Mike wanting to beat his boss up than any social commentary on machoism or violence. I might have completely misunderstood it though.

but this album isn't heavy at all? it's just a bunch of people who cant play their instruments

Yeah, I agree and I didn't mean the post to be physical. But Stay Here is all about attempting to appear tough which I think is what a good majority of Sup Forums and Sup Forums in general is obsessed with. You can see it in people who use "cuck" and "nu male".

You're proving my point right about how people talk about heavy albums.

I hear it more about Public Castration is a Good Idea than Filth.

Public Castration is just really stripped down and has a lot of negative space

not really "heavy" in the distortion sense but its quite intense considering he's shouting about stabbing people and the fact that its so clear and simplistic adds to that

great album, that

>Stay Here
>Not completely genuine

Filth can be taken at face value, m8, Gira was just an incredibly pissed off, violent alcoholic

ironically heavy music is still heavy music

I think it can be taken both ways. The way the music works seems to enhance that idea of violence but the way Gira sings the lyrics seems to show how over the top and "filthy" these acts really are. In the end the album is just about violence and power anyway and the misanthropic feel is undeniably the main subject behind it. Gira was just pissed off in general back then and I think that feeling just went into the album in the best way it could. It's really a great album to listen to when you're in those days where you literally feel apathy for everyone, not in an edgy way, but just when you feel sick of so much bullshit.

I dont think its mocking domination, but I agree it definitely isn't touting it like it's bad ass or something. It's just a meditation on some of the more grotesque parts of humanity and behavior, which includes brutal sexuality.