I'm an American, tell me why I should give a fuck about darts, Yuros

I'm an American, tell me why I should give a fuck about darts, Yuros.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UwfnurvQKxk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split_in_darts
youtube.com/watch?v=9Iwr3u5HzoM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's fun to watch.

If it's not fun to you, don't watch it.

It's a great game to play at the bar when drunk.

you shouldn't

obese men throwing things at things. you'll love it.

its quite comfy

It's nice to play with your friends at the bar. Watching this shit? lol who the fuck does that? i rather watch paint drying.

I dunno, Darts are maybe the least popular sport round here so...

Do you own a dog?
youtube.com/watch?v=UwfnurvQKxk

If there is a massive Zombie attack, it can be a very useful backup weapon

You can be morbidly obese and still excel at it.

Comfy atmosphere, good /sp threads

The GOAT sport. 1 v 1 mental combat. Lots of memes. Comfy threads.

you shouldn't. but also this darts are only fun to watch in bars because there's always a small chance of accidents when drunk people throw pointy things

Its better than football.

doesn't take a lot

Who /barleauge/ here? Currently shooting a 25 ppd and a 2.7 mpr using Harrows and fit flights.

>steel tip get out.

Premier league and some of the bigger tournaments are goat to watch for the crowd banter and drinking during the event in American times. /180/ is comfy af and it's really easy to follow. And who can forget the BDO.

Get behind your number one player, Darin "Daddy Cool" Young. Turns up at the World Championship and some of the other tournaments throughout the year if he qualifies, bit of a cult hero with the fans.

anything related to Boney M should be popular

What's Max Hopp up to this year?

Does darts even get good TV ratings?

I thought it was just an excuse to get drunk and sing songs under the guise of a sporting event.

It's a better sport than shooting to niggers in the streets

All things considered, it's probably the 2nd most popular television attraction in the UK after soccer.

>The live coverage on Sky Sports Darts reached over four million viewers across the 14 days of the William Hill World Darts Championship, including a record audience of more than 1.7 million for the thrilling final between Anderson and Phil Taylor.

I was in a darts thread the other day relating my experience of how crazy the UK is about darts. They'll debate players like we debate quarterbacks. They'll dress up as their favorite players (full kit wankers). Phil the Power Taylor and Andy Fordham's names are spoken with reverence.

Never seen anything like it.

>Phil the Power Taylor's name is spoken with reverence.

Isn't darts a relative new spectator sport.

Didn't Barry Hearn pretty much bring it to the forefront and before it was only a sport played in pubs?

>Didn't Barry Hearn pretty much bring it to the forefront and before it was only a sport played in pubs?
Pretty much.

Without Hearn, darts would be dead as a spectator sport.

The split in darts was its turning point:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split_in_darts
youtube.com/watch?v=9Iwr3u5HzoM