Can we agree that this Euros has been fucking shit?

Can we agree that this Euros has been fucking shit?

I'm Welsh and I'm delighted at how far we got, but in general the standard has been awful. There's been maybe 2 or 3 decent games.

This Euro has been interesting.
Only casuals complain about it, as usual.
If you actually care about tactics and defensive processes, thus has been quite entertaining.

Ah yes, "tight and tactical", "one for the purists"

AKA "it's been fucking shit"

You're entitled to your opinion, of course.

Turkey - Croatia
Croatia - Spain
Belgium - Italy
Hungary - Portugal
Italy - Spain
Wales - Belgium
Germany - France

all pretty good

but on the whole yes, boring.

If we win it will be great
If not it will be the shittiest and we go back to 16 teams
Portugal shouldn't have gone out of the group stage

letting teams through if they're 3rd place has been bollocks

You can't expect great games from teams like Northern Ireland, Austria
Sons games had the level of a qualifier
It's either we go back to 16 or we expend to 32 and only the top 2 of each group can qualify

>I'm Welsh

PART

They really should go back to the old format, way too many games are uninteresting battles of limited teams that focus on not conceding.

This euro is simply an expression of a trend that has been going on for some years now. Even weaker European nations have decent youth systems and a core of players from top 5 leagues. The rest is simply filled up with workable players and then they get a solid coach that teaches them to play a compact 442.

It's fucking awful to watch, but a logical development.

I am Welsh

Guys, I'm Welsh too! We're all Welsh.

only when it works for your team. You would not say that if Portugal were out already.

Good selection, but all of those games involve at least one team being dysfunctional/bad. There haven't been many good contests between 2 good sides.

Still, I think a bad Euros is better than a good World Cup.

>many good contests between 2 good sides

That's rare as fuck in general. Germany-France comes to mind, Germany-Italy too. But Germany played below their potential in those games really.

>'m Welsh
prove it nigel

I really am Welsh though

t. Dafydd Evans

>yfw when you're actual welsh but the flag you have on sp will always be mocked because of anglo atrocious road
i feel your pain, welsh scotish irish are top lads

Only Germany and England opposed the euro expansion proposed by Ireland and Scotland

blame everyone else except those two

>euro expansion proposed by Ireland and Scotland
wait, i thought it was a platini idea?

>I'm welsh

t.english buttmad

>I'm Welsh

No you are not

It was a Platini idea to get the votes of the little countries

We all feel the butthurt here.
because England fielded a team of individuals, who have no clue in tactics, and they lost to a collective team

>people complaining about small countries

if they are so weak why didnt you beat them?

because big teams were shit too. that's why it was shit

I challenge you or anyone on this board to tell me if there's an euro or a world cup, where the standard of football was good.
Because honestly i don't remember a single tournament besides WC 2014, where the team playig the best football won the damn thing.

I've watched every tournament since Euro 2000.

This tournaments were a big thing in the old days because it was the only way people could see the best players playing together. Nowdays the best football players are all on the same teams and we coudl easily follow every league on the planet.
This tournaments are nothing but a joke and a way for FIFA/UEFA make a lot of money.
The qualifications matches are boring and spread out in the space of 2 years. The competitions are hyped as hell by the media, but in the end it's always the same thing: Slow, boring football, tired players, lots of injuries.

>England - Russia
>England - Iceland
>Wales - Belgium
>Iceland- Austria

>the tournament that gave us the part time dentist and England most hilarious defeat
>shit

oi

98 wc

Only England was shit. Italy lost to Germany. Spain lost to Italy. France beat expectations. Every arrogant soccer know it all predicted Spain or Germany.

Im all for tactics and shit but the tournament rewards defensive football way too much.

ayyyyyyyy

2002, 1998, 2008

2000 too, we had to beat slovakia, denmark, netherlands, spain, portugal and italy

>#Oreo

Most women would want the same t b h

It's been boring as hell
Might as well be watching the tour de france

We beat you.

oh yes was it bergkamp the best scorer? i loved this lad

It's been fine

Lots of late twists in games and some great goals

It's just that the stink of Portugal dominates things

gotta go full 7-1 on portugal to save the euro

yes it was shit, increasing it to 24 teams was a mistake

This.

>teams can go through with 1 win and 2 defeats
nah nigga

Neutral from Guernsey here. The tournament was shit and the final will be shit.

I get what your saying but I don't agree with you. I enjoy watching Atlético Madrid play against stacked teams. They made defending an art.

> englel

> no ITA-GERM