Is this the most powerful scene in all of modern cinema?

Is this the most powerful scene in all of modern cinema?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u4nZUEkAsw8
youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4nZUEkAsw8&start1=13&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0&start2=0&authorName=ayy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It might be the dumbest.

that fucking ending man

youtube.com/watch?v=u4nZUEkAsw8

Probably one of the best endings, especially if you read the books, and it was a great reveal, and pretty fucking realistic, and conclusive ending.

I think King even comerated it for being better than his ending.

So probably the only time someone out did Stephen King. This is in the aftermath of Dreamcatcher, if you remember.

>BEST INTRO
>BEST ENDING

I thought this was The Punisher until I saw filename.

I started laughing in the cinema when it became obvious he was about to start shooting people in the car because it was so obvious where it was going.

Might be the most comedic ending of a film I've ever seen.

>So probably the only time someone out did Stephen King.

Shining says hi. Probably a couple of other movies as well, since he can't write endings for shit

>This is in the aftermath of Dreamcatcher, if you remember.

wut

doesn't seem black to me.

I also could see the 6th sense's twist from a mile away. I actually laughed out loud 10 minutes into the movie.

>books

It's a fucking novella and is like 120 pages long, you could read the whole thing in about an hour.

this

think he means times where King himself acknowledged it was better. King hated Kubrick's take on the Shining

Initially yeah, but I'm pretty sure he turned around on that one. And if he hasn't he needs to fucking punch himself in the throat until he does; the more faithful mini-series to his book sucked fucking balls

I think it would be more interesting if roland was black, because they do make Race an issue in the series, so to have a black person in rolands world that wasn't under the same level of racism as delta bitch, would add something to it, but most americans don't like talking about that part of their 'colored' history. So that makes it even more interesting.

no you didn't

youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4nZUEkAsw8&start1=13&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0&start2=0&authorName=ayy

>but I'm pretty sure he turned around on that one.
Except he didn't. Instead he fully supported another adaptation more closely based on his book.

Typo, my bad.

this movie is like a decade old and it's lukewarm bullshit

maybe he since realized it sucks dicks beyond hell, and that his original novel just isn't that good to begin with, and that kubrick elevated his work x1000

if not, then fuck him

The ending of Kubrick's Shining makes no sense, you do know that? That it logically doesn't fit into the movie any way you slice it.

I doubt Kubrick directed it with the intent of getting King's approval or kudos

King, while a great novelist, isn't exactly known for his subtlety. Kubrick is almost nothing but cerebral intensity so they were never going to see eye-to-eye on it

In the actual hotel that inspired the book.

Dude just sacrificed his son

you have to be a pretty unimaginative dolt to think that

It's how Kings ending was 'magic' and Kubrick was such an autistic man couldn't understand magic that made the final shot of Jack being in the hotel forever, not make any fucking sense.

How doesn't it make sense?

yfw she was right all along

He was always in the Hotel, but also just arrived at the hotel. He's a mentally insane person, but is also a fucking ghost.

It's between the fact that he's a fucking ghost, and Kubrick's ability to not understand what that means.

about what?

>we must sacrifice the boy to survive
>after he shoots his son the apocalypse ends

It ruined the entire movie and gave it a happy ending.

About her blood religion shit. The mist went away almost immediately after he shot his kid (and those other guys)

oh snap....

you're applying some retard logic, user

it's like you never have watched or read a story about paranormal horrors

Yes, I did.

I honestly don't know how braindead some of you autists are to not see it coming, I normally love twist endings because I never see them coming but every time I see this film mentioned on Sup Forums and people praise it I laugh hysterically.

the apocalypse had already long ended. killing his son didn't make the army appear from nowhere 20ft ahead of him

How did the book end?

>he doesn't understand POTTERY

*laughs hysterically*
Heheh... You pathetic, simple-minded sheep... to think you would praise this ending sends me into a fit of hysterics! Hahaha... If you were surprised by this ending, you truly have the mind of an ant
*laughs hysterically as I step onto my custom Harley and ride off*

They kept driving south looking for an end to the mist. It ends with the main character leaving a note in a motel saying he heard the word "Hartford" on the radio, so he believes that there is hope that they will be safe if they get there. It was a much better ending than the movie because it didn't have some bullshit "humanity was saved at the last minute" type shit and left the story in a much darker place that matched the tone of the whole book.

That would make a boring ending on a film I guess.

No it was the most hilarious
>gas runs out and immediately the gun comes out
>that awful acting
>military comes rolling in raping everything in seconds
>those two guys in hazmat notice him, walk up behind him, and just shrug while hes losing his shit

>>>/reddit/

such an ending would not have translated to movie. a movie like the mist with a very specific scenario and threat needs some level of closure

I found the ending a bit blunt myself, but the ambiguous book ending would have basically made the whole movie redundant

Your post made me laugh hysterically.

>the apocalypse had already long ended.
Do you know that for sure? That's right, you don't. Assuming isn't knowing.

First look I thought it was Punisher then I clicked on the thread realizing now it's the fog or whatever it's name was.

>gas runs out and immediately the gun comes out

This was fucking hilarious. They didn't even try to wait more than 2 minutes before deciding to blow everyone's brains out.

I thought he was added to the photo after he died.

Oh ok thanks for that top tier analysis, I now see that the infantry just happened into existence destroying everything for miles behind them in an instant the second he shot his kid

So how did the military kill that colossal, lumbering, tentacled beast?

for the central characters and the plot in question it had

He's in a photo from 1921. He just arrived that year.

Which is it?

How is this paranormal?

how does this make sense to you?

It's like the ending of a movie where "the boy woke up" but find some piece of evidence to show him it wasn't a dream after all!

It makes no fucking sense.

so the Hotel implanted false memories in the Wife and Child that he's clearly seen outside of the Hotel. He's been dead for Years but also lived a full and rich life outside of it?

If the movie started with them at the hotel it would be different. It's suppose to be a story like Amityville Horror, hence all the NATIVE INDIAN refencerces in Kubrick's fucking movie.

you ever read or seen movies before user?

Laughing at violence is a sign of autism, so your response doesn't surprise me.

I prefer this ending

King seems to have pretty shit taste where to stand up for himself, and where to admit an improvement by an outsider appropriately...

it matches the story far more to leave their fates uncertain than the hilarious murder/ suicide ending - despite it being dark, I can't help but be utterly amused about it

It's needed for a movie, because you never get to see the monsters, and unfortunately, you do need to show the monsters, unless you're fan of blair witch.

It's like...you don't realize it's a fictional story. Like you're some kind of Super Retard.

Your post made me laugh hysterically.

This

Who knows, it doesn't make sense, and faggots here will tell you it does. I still praise Kubrick as one of the best filmmakers of all time, but this still doesn't change the ending of The Shining doesn't make sense.

The rest of the film is 10/10 I just have to deal with my feelings of contempt at the final scene. I love the music, the acting, the everything else. Kubricks movies are all flawless beyond a doubt.

compared to clockwork orange though, that's about par. He even had a scene cut from the end of Shining, which would have made LESS SENSE THAT THEY NEVER FIND JACK

BECAUSE JACK IS A GHOST OF THE HOTEL

THE MOM AND KID ARE MENTALLY INSANE FOR THINKING HE EVER EXISTED

They literally had the movie projectionist cut the ending out at the theaters, like 12th hour editing.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything. Military didn't appear from nowhere. But ok I guess they did, since this is fiction. Since it is fiction and by your definition anything should happen without logic, why didn't Godzilla spawn in to fight the big monster and save the day?
Fuck off retard

King does dark books, between horror and terror. This was his C'Thulu of a book, and the group suicide seems like the best ending.... but King's ending was more traditional to actual Lovecraftian ending.

all this idiotic tangential thinking and you couldn't come up with this simple concept;

>his spirit is now part of the motel's paranormal force and it includes him in the photograph

are you that fucking dense

and why do you need every little thing answered like some retarded child

>poorly acted film violence is the same as real life violence

Don't throw around the word 'autist' when you're on the spectrum yourself, kiddo.

>Military didn't appear from nowhere
Neither do monsters masked in fog from another dimension. Yet it happened. weather killing his boy served a purpose or not is unclear because up until that point, the world was doomed. Maybe it helped maybe it didn't. Maybe the military was losing up until the very exact moment the boy died. It's left open to interpretation for you, the viewer. But since you need everything spelled out and spoonfed to you, you absolutely hated it and threw a hissy fit about it.
I do not recommend you watching Looney Toons either. It's in-world physics might cause you to have a coronary.

Never thought I'd see the day when The Shining was 2deep for someone

Yeah that's a shitty explanation, but so are all the other ones, I liked the explanation that

>The hotel reincarnated him just like butler/previous caretaker Delbert/Charles Grady

It makes for some REALLY convoluted explanations for the movie, which seem complex, unless you just go

>"He fucked up Clockwork Orange, he probably fucked up The Shining also"

Takes one to know one, bubby..

I like how everyone is arguing about the ending but ignoring the fact that at the end they showed the lady who ran out of the supermarket at beginning to get her kid was on one of the trucks with the military. That shit was beyond retarded. The entire movie we are shown that if you go more than 50 feet outside you will be eaten, so we are suppose to believe she ran miles on foot to get her kid and than somehow survived alone for the next few weeks? I understand the move was trying to say that you should never give up, but it wasn't believable in the slightest that she would have survived, especially when we are shown the entire movie just how dangerous it is out there.

I am not thinking 2deep4me, I am thinking, shitty movie, that everyone else tries to make deep. you know there isn't one explanation for the ending of the movie. If you think there is, then you're idiot. That's why I just say it's flawed, it's not deep.

complete opposite..

>reddit .gif
>shitty opinion of movies

why am I not surprised?

>being this retarded
This thread is completely filled with idiots.

Ah, but that was earlier on, when the mist first arrived. Staying ahead of the monster, one can assume? Also they were not making lights, and who knows what horrors she endured.

I doubt she was humming to herself a happy tune.

It's as deep as a puddle but you still don't understand it.

>HOW CAN HE BE IN THE PICTURE IF HE WASN'T BORN IN 1921 WHAT THE FUGG?

You're a fucking joke m8

> I understand the move was trying to say that you should never give up
Cool...
>but it wasn't believable in the slightest that she would have survived, especially when we are shown the entire movie just how dangerous it is out there.
oh for the love of god

Good counter point, retard. She probably just grew wings and flew to a military base, huh?

I hope your internet gets cut off

You're right, no need for explaining, you know how he messed up the ending of clockwork orange as well since you read that book also? So you know why the title of the book is called clockwork orange... it's just a mishmash of random words, much like the movie itself... or maybe it's nadsat like the protagonists speaks.

The book shows it's the fucking ghosts making Jack insane, but the movie makes him
>you have always been the caretaker
With literal photographic evidence, whatever you think the ending is, can't really be justified.

So anyways, I realize I am being trolled.... FUCK

Exactly, it was Kubrick fucking up the story. Simple ending. I mean the fact he had projectionist fucking cutting the end of the film at the theaters, also supports this conclusion.

but you know, you probably have one of the many theories at what happened and are pretty sure you're correct.

What I am saying isn't that I don't understand, but saying "NO ONE UNDERSTANDS IT" It's was something Kubrick was scrambling to fix even after the movie was shipped out.

Probably too busy trying to figure out which of the 100s of each take he wanted to use. I think his Autism OCD kinda over took him on that film.

Stop typing already. If "The Mist" is this baffling for you to understand, you should watch an anthill or something less challenging.

Talking about a differen King movie, sorry son.