New Every Frame A Painting video is out

New Every Frame A Painting video is out

youtube.com/watch?v=3Q3eITC01Fg

Based Tony saved YoutubeKino once again

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/tonyszhou/status/543154533656825857
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do Youtubers always have that annoying voice?

>dude movies lmao!

he's actually one of the more tolerable ones

It's not a cartoony nasal voice, that alone makes it better than most of youtube's voices.

Cool shit.

This is actually a really good one

i hate westernized asians who get into film. it reminds you they're nothing but raw IQ and no soul. they're just white people with no personality, and the bizarre self-recriminations they go through to try to get a piece of the identity politics pie is truly loathsome for such a high-achieving group

also why do they all have the deep stuffed-up voice like they have a cold?

This guy should analyse a Mekas or Malick film

His videos are alright, but that fast smart hipster faggot voice is getting on my nerves. At least he doesn't record it sentence by sentence.

fucking kek ant man btfo

Fuck that SJW. His videos are decent though

>analyze a Mekas

pls no

So, what did he actually say?

>editing is instinctive
>to learn editing you need to do editing

yeah 10/10 insight bub

Tony, Nerdwriter, Game Theory guy, etc.

It's hard to explain, but they have this sort of inflection which is like a vocal fade to black.

this is a cute

Love the ending

If you want to be overly simplistic, sure

>shitting on based Mekas
>not on my board pal

So he is talking about working on actual editing jobs. what movie have he worked on? IMDB has none listed.

>"ooh, have you seen how they usually cut in classic hollywood films? that works well sometimes. ooh, ooh, and look at the brave, jarring editing choices of Will Chang! that works sometimes too, but let's not go into why."

its nasally as fuck famo

but very itneresint video

>shitting on based Mekas
Nowhere in my post did I do that.

Zulawski is rolling in his grave now that he's been relegated to Reddit-tier with this video.

It's 9 minute video, go read In the Blink of an Eye or the Conversations if you want that

I honestly thought the same thing. Probably says more about you and me than about anyone or anything else. Zulawski would more than likely be glad that the appreciation of his films is still growing, and that his work is touching more and more people each day.

I'm partly kidding. It's just fun to call people Reddit. Still, Zulawski is the guy who said "fuck the audience" during a commentary. I don't think he cared much for outside approval.

Asians can't into poetry

But why bother making a 9-minute video at all, then?

the audience =/= the right people, reached under the right circumstances

outside approval =/= sharing himself and deeply affecting those people through his art

I think he'd care about that, to be honest.

I don't know, he just struck me as someone who didn't give a fuck. His country and his mentor in Wajda both disowned him for his early work. I don't think you make the stuff he did if you care what people think. I just don't.

I like Tony's voice.

I also like that he just talks. There's none of that annoying jump-cutting conversation, or talking like he's out of breath. He gives a measured analysis. Dude's legit.

He's analyzes numerous cuts in the video, you're sperging out over one

oh never mind I got the answer

Can you guys recommend more Zulawski?

I've seen Possession. Which of his other films are great?

>Marvel drones BTFO

Holy shit based Tony did it again

Here's my personal ranking, from favourite to least favourite:

>Possession
>The Third Part of the Night
>Szamanka
>On the Silver Globe
>Diabel
>Boris Godounov (pic related)
>L'amour Braque
>My Nights Are More Beautiful Than Your Days
>Pavoncello
>That Most Important Thing: Love
>La Femme Publique
>Story of Triumphant Love
>Fidelity
>Blue Note

Haven't seen Cosmos yet. Honestly, I'd recommend them all--except for Blue Note, perhaps--since they're very divisive even among his fans. He's never made something bland or uninteresting, that's for sure.

Which was what?

OK, can someone explaine me what the fuck is going on with this "kino" force? What does that even mean except "movie" in Russian?

Kino is a meme. Anyone who uses it unironically here has been memed hard. It has no meaning besides cinema. If you say a movie is kino, you are basically saying that movie is a big screen with loud speakers and seats.

Kino is the same as any other meme buzzword on this board where newfags fall for it like "SS+GOMAD" on /fit/, "the virgin walk" on /r9k/, or 90% of posts on Sup Forums.
Someone posts a meme, a subintelligent person thinks it is a fact and uses it regularly.

It's the newest craze going around the chinese image board dedicated to moving pictures.
You add kino to the end of any word and you have yourself a new, fresh meme user!
MEMEKINO

fuck if I know, it's some reddit thing

Reminder

fake and gay

Thanks. As a Rusian I find this pretty weird. Like whole board now into Eisenstein thx to latest Brows Held High videos, which is very unlikely.

twitter.com/tonyszhou/status/543154533656825857
he's a nu-male cuck, as expected from a canadian chink

>How Does an Editor Think and Feel
in as many different ways as there are editors

fuck off

Wow, shit, I will do just that. Thanks for the heads-up.

Tony hates Godard because Godard was a Maoist and his family is old waishengren who fled to Taiwan.

Hang on... Tony THE GODDAMN FILM EDITOR hates Godard?

Aaaand dropped.

>That's the third time this has happened with me and a Marvel film. Guardians of the Galaxy unlocked Jackie Chan. And The Avengers unlocked the Kurosawa video. At a certain point, I kinda have to thank Marvel Studios for consistently putting out such good stuff to use as comparison tools.
lel

This, what a pointless video

>editing is about rhythm
No shit captain

>announces the fact that he's making a public announcement on his public twitter profile

Cha-ching!

jesus fucking christ

ANT-MAN BTFO

I actually feel the same, it always feels like they rushed through their stem field shit and then felt that they needed something to validate them on an intellectual level and then look for something where they can be elitist again.
It feels like they can't enjoy themselves

I'm Asian and I can understand why other Asians would do this.

Asians in Asia can do pretty much anything they want and not be stereotyped because literally everyone around you is Asian. Asians in America are kind of funneled down the STEM field and then told to shut up because in America money is everything and buys happiness. So while we live pretty normal middle class lives, we just view everyone else through kind of a looking glass, whites, Mexicans, blacks, you name it.

I don't really mind it because there are far more important things to worry about, but Asians abroad will always have that sense of being the odd one out, and it doesn't help when other peoples view us as soulless insects.

Yep. He said so on Twitter. Godard's never been in any of his videos. Tati (contemporaneous but not New Wave) and I think Varda have been.