Would like to hear your opinion on dreadlocks and why you guys like them / why you guys dislike them...

Would like to hear your opinion on dreadlocks and why you guys like them / why you guys dislike them. And if any of you guys have dreadlocks/how long youve had them and why you got them.

They are fucking gross.

/thread

It's a black hair style only. If you are white and try to dread you are just a shitty poser.

i find them visually appealing and respectthe dedication that well maintained dreads take

usually it's retarded when white people do it.

Not because of cultural appropriation, who gives a shit about that shit, but retarded because dreads represent to black people black empowerment. So it's retarded for white people to wear them

Looks trashy as fuck. I've met nice and polite, sweet girls who had them.

But it's still super unattractive, and gives a heavy vibe that she is the kind of girl who has strong irrational opinions based on her emotions and lack of father-figure in her childhood.

I have attached a webm of a based attractive qt3.14 whose vagina most likely taste of above the median IQ.

Dubs confirms and first post is best post.

They look good, but it seems that most people that have them neglect to wash their scalp

checked

Except for all the ancient greeks that had dreadlocks. Or you know, Samson.

Dreads stopped being cool a long time ago around the death of reggae music, you just look like an idiot with them unless ur future or a football player, pic related is the new hairstyle for blacks

Look up Spartan Korous statues with with dreadlocks dating back 2500 years.

>Except for all the ancient greeks that had dreadlocks
What the fuck are you even talking about? That is KANGZ level stupidity. You have got to be a teenager to believe that dumb shit.

Hey OP hear, I understand the whole "its a black hair style" and why blacks wear them for the resons they do but allot of other cultures have dread locks im not sure on why or i its true but Asians had them.and if im.mistaken i appologise but i think vikings had them also alon with other white people groups but its interesting, i lile black peoples dreads but they lack the character and each dread is not the same with white peoples its truly pleasing to see

It's not about race but more of culture Europeans who came here didn't have dreads they just had normal long hair but rastafarian culture popularized dreadlocks in North America and they were black so we got used to them having them and black hair looks much better with dreads compared to straight white hair

Who let you apes out?

White dude, with dreads.

Shits cool man, i felt like a tool with long hair, but now i can wear them out etc.

In a postmodern era, we can probably do away with the " x belongs to y culture".

Lets grow up, yeah?

If you're white and have dreadlocks my initial impression of you is that you're a toolbox

>black hair looks much better with dreads compared to straight white hair
Maybe if you are a nigger that doesnt mind the stink and grease.

Shut the fuck up hippy.

Im going to slip into your box/tent while youre sleeping and cut your shit off.

anything other than a buzz cut or a crew cut is degenerate

Op hear Sick dude how old are your dreads and can i see them?

Hippy with a degree, a job, and a stable family life.

Also christian.

>Not because of cultural appropriation
>but retarded because dreads represent to black people black empowerment
bruh

>qt3.14
cringe

uwot

ancient greeks had dreads, celts had dreads certain germanic tribes had dreads.

>projecting hard af
Prove it m8. I truly dont believe you have even one of those. The "also christian" gives off a vibe of "13 year old trying too hard".

I want to see you, your wife, your kid(s), your degree, and your last pay stub with a timestamp faggot.

A few months.. Still pretty fresh.

Also, dub dubs.

My gf (38 and white) has dreads for 3 years now. The dreads are easy to maintain and contrary to what others say here they always smell fresh.

show us

hey friend can i buy you some weed ?

Absolutely!!
What kind of question is that.

Op hear shit dude there pretty decent iv had mine for like a year and 7 months just want them to start growing longer good luck on your journey,what made you get them?

Op hear awesome man can you share her dreads or is that a bit of a odd question

Dude dreads aint just about weed tbh they have nthing really to do with dreadlocks rastafari the religion is to do with weed bro

they're dead, bruh. Can't really show you. But read the roman historians, and you'll learn.

We can see?

Always knew i was gonna get.
Just knew.

Only have one pic on here, not the best but whatever.

Then give links it looks like you're pulling things out of your ass

Noticed how he just left what a phony

>be angry and white guy
>not cool
>get dreads
>people think im cool
>get free weed for no reason
>play didgridoo
>say "be cool" to everyone
>wear alladin pants
>as cool as a jamacian
>dont have to be black
>coolface.jpg

Kill yourself my man

>it looks like you're pulling things out of your ass
now we're getting a tad intimate an erotic, don't you think?

I've read extensive works of roman authors, describing the people they met through conquests and battles, and they often tell of the matted locks worn by some Celtic tribes and also seen in some Germanic areas like the Schwartzwald region. Vikings, on the other hand, didn't wear dreads -they took great pride in combing, and would occasionally weave their hair.

can't be assed to find a host of sketchy websites for you to criticise and refute, but go to the library and get a book on the conquests of ancient Rome. It's good readings.

Makes you look like a fucking caveman, do not do this

good for you bro.

it is pretty cool man. I think the 'dreads belong to blacks' is just a natural knee-jerk reaction to blacks having less 'black' things to call their own.

I embrace your experience with dreads and hopefully it's overall enjoyable.

I'm black, any non black person i see wearing dreads i always compliment on their dopeness for sharing cultural ideas and breaking SPECIFIC cultural identities.

Holy shit I can't find a damn thing and when you say "I've read extensive works of roman authors, describing the people they met through conquests and battles" you just happen to not have links and I don't really care enough to go to a library to find out

So full of hate, yall need Jesus.

I don't care to rummage through the entire internet, to find a source you might deem valid, and you don't care to walk your ass down to the local library and pick up a book.

so, there we have it.

Cheers brother, good to see im not the only person here prepared to live in the future.

I had one dread on the back of my head for a little more than a year and it always looked like crap. I didn't use the special shampoo though which apparently makes a bug difference. My gfs sister has them and they're glorious. I think they look awesome only if theyre wicked thick. Will try to find a pic

Taken from her FB she was wicked cool. Too bad we split up should have said ex gf

Fuck dude, have you never been to a museum? Ancient Greeks and Phoenicians had dreads.

> whose vagina most likely taste of above the median IQ.

kækked

Had mine for about a year and I love them, wash often to look/smell/feel clean and healthy. Don't really care about stereotypes that people have, I'm about to finish a degree in mechanical engineering and have a stable job in my field.

got mine about 11 years now (the tips are somewhere near my knee joint by now). consumes a lot of time if you dont want them to look shitty af.
from my experience:
con:
- people on the subway etc tend to fucking sit on them and think you grab their ass when you move and they feel your hair
- every fucking kid thinks you're a dealer, but police never bothered me (perks of being white i guess)
pro:
- everyone trys to be your friend rather then to mess with you cause he thinks you got weed
- sometimes nice chicks start conversations with you

Jamaican with dreads here, I'm fine with anyone wearing dreads tbh.I think they look best on mulattos though. Also most of american blacks with dreads screaming 'cultural appropriation' wouldn't even have dreads if it wasn't for rastafarian culture.

Theyre sexy as fuck on girls. I seen this girl at a show with her titties out that had it up in a bun thing. shit was all professionally colored and styled so each dread was different colored. She had a mac 11 tattoo on her arm and I wanted to eat the peanuts out of her shit she was so fine

They're rather smelly because most people have the notion you aren't supposed to wash your dreads.... Nasty...

We wuz kangs n shit

Agree. About 8/10 girls with dreads are attractive. The other 2 either dont care about their dreads and let them rot or are simply fat
True, the most asked question is about how to wash them. It seems to be a major secret, that dreads can be washed completely normal (although they're wet way longer than normal hair)

wut

those are greek statues, you twat.

Quads of truth.

White girls with dreads are hot.

Admitedly a little trashy, but nevertheless, hot.