Everyone saying punk is dead because of shit like pic related

>everyone saying punk is dead because of shit like pic related

Help me restore my faith, guys. What are the best punk/hardcore/post-hardcore/whatever bands active rn?

Other urls found in this thread:

drunkensailorrecords.bandcamp.com/album/hot-liqs-lp
youtube.com/watch?v=dlFUPNvcNv0
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S69391001
staticshockrecords.bandcamp.com/album/warthog
sport.bandcamp.com/album/colors
youtube.com/watch?v=XUNBRFhDyyA
youtube.com/watch?v=cd-2qYpRh08
youtube.com/watch?v=3Xahvg7-iJ4
doitwithmalice.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=DRdK9S3Mpdw
youtube.com/watch?v=JpHuPPmPA1Q
easterseals.com/explore-resources/living-with-disability/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

drunkensailorrecords.bandcamp.com/album/hot-liqs-lp
released September 30, 2016

derivative but pure and inspired

Don't listen to this person. The Indiana scene sucks.

genres don't die

youtube.com/watch?v=dlFUPNvcNv0

schizos rule

Timing was a big part of punk's appeal. Have you ever noticed that a lot of the classics haven't exactly aged well? I think all of this revival talk is pretentious as all hell, and some of the reason rock music in general is in such a creative rut. Punk was fine, but I'd prefer if we just take what we learned from the genre and continue to innovate, creating newer, fresher sounds. Kind like what punk did y'know like, 30 fucking years ago? Can we please just get on with our lives?

Besides, it's not like the albums you like are going anywhere. Art is immortal.

I get what you're saying but I think you're forgetting a couple of things
- The urge to create, even if it's plain copying what's been done before, will always be with people... not trying to sound deep or anything like that, you know that everyone wants to make something, it doesn't need to be art
- Being original is hard... it takes a healthy brain, a favorable environment and the stimulus for people to be creative...
- At the same time, most people don't care about innovation... most people would "sell out" when given the opportunity... not saying that's good or bad though
- There was something else in my mind but I'm really dizzy idk how I managed to write cohesive shit so far I hope this was a good post oh god

There was a fantastic thread last night with the good shit that wasn't bumped because of a clickbait "Post Ur 10/10 Punk Albumz" thread. You can find it if you so desire.

What was written in the OP? I want to search it in the archive

I'm a cool guy I link you
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S69391001

fuck off with your shitty blog, you fucking idiot

'punk' is dead though. its not youth culture. its been appropriated.

you take the best of punk's diy ethos or sneer or w/e and you apply it somewhere else.

Not super hardcore stuff but Jeff Rosenstock's new album is real fuckin good.

He has at least one hardcore song on there as I recall

Tell that to Grunge.

this basically.

pretty much go to local shows that are on the diy/not pay-to-play side of venues and you'll find plenty of 'punk' bands that don't sound like the stereotypical punk band, but are in fact punk as fuck.

Nails, Trap Them, Weekend Nachos, Wormrot, Homewrecker, Daughters, Full of Hell

Also if you count synth punk the new Health and Street Sects.

Brand New released a new track this year too.

People say punk is dead because it is dead. It doesn't have any musical merit aside from a small handful of bands and it doesn't have any cultural merit. The only cultural merit it had back in the day was based on the fact that it was a counter-culture, how are you supposed to be edgy and contrarian by subscribing to a lifestyle that has become mainstream?

NYC is still thriving

staticshockrecords.bandcamp.com/album/warthog

Punk died when these kids parents were toddlers.

Punk got swallowed by that whole "back-to-the-80's" -mentality. Carpenter Brut has more punk to it than your local whiny kiddie band. That teenage band which is just appropriating tropes from 80's (and early 90's) counterculture. Punk died when normies thought it shouldn't evolve.

I don't really know my shit when it comes to punk but I found these guys under the tag #mathrock and love this album desu

sport.bandcamp.com/album/colors

2nd track is my personal fav

If anybody can give me more music like this that would be greaaaat

obviously

>its the "liquids sound like coneheads!" meme

NWI is great, eat shit you goddamn sponge

Active Hardcore bands:
Touche Amore
Defeater
Vanna
Vales
Converge
Code Orange
Norma Jean
Goodtime Boys
La Dispute
Stray From the Path

dead but pretty recent hardcore:
Comeback Kid
Have Heart
The Chariot
Cerce
Punch
Casey Jones

Also got a long list of Norwegian hardcore
Tirades
Silver
Die a Legend (Die x Legend)
Ondt Blod
Selfmindead
Girl Army
Turdus Musicus
Snöras
Blood Command
Of Grace and Hatred
Social Suicide

haram is the best thing in nyc rn

>all these retards who do not actively listen to punk trying to comment on the state of the genre and culture, while also posting mall "hardcore"

please stop

tell that to nu-metal and other short lived genres of the late 90's/early 00's.

Have Mercy
Tiny Moving Parts
Balance and Composure, i dont like their most recent albums, The things we think we're missed is great tho
William Bonney
Snowing
You Blew it

Titus Andronicus
Jeff Rosenstock
The Menzingers
World Inferno Friendship Society

That's true, but the musical style is still around. There will probably always be fast, simple, non-blues-based rock music

Ska punk is still alive, my friendo.

>mall hardcore

what's that, might I ask?

Thanks bud

WARTHOG RULES

What's some good new ska punk bands? Really dig the genre, but I feel the last decent ska band I liked were ASOB.

>this thread

lel this board has no clue whatsoever about the actual state of punk in the 2010s. it's embarrassing to read.
not that i'm complaining though desu, Sup Forums taints everything it touches anyway.

ikr

pic related is probably the most popular hardcore record of the year within actual hardcore scenes yet nobody here ever talks about it

Your daily reminder that all punk is dad rock now.

ok bud

bumpu

Because it became emblematic of a certain sound rather than an attitude.
The same thing happened with prog and post-rock.

So is radiohead and neutral milk hotel but you guys don't complain

all Sup Forums likes is pop music

>Swain
>Wavves
>Citizen

Even tho most grunge bands nowadays suck, it ain't dead.

>citizen
>grunge

what

The Dream Is Over, by Pup is a really good straight up punk album and it's from this year

>pup
>punk

try pop punk

This.

Also...

Turnstile, rvivr, beach slang, g.l.os.s.

>not muh real punk

How is it pop punk?

>pop punk isn't punk

you said it, not me

>OkKid.png

this board is trash

did you have trouble finding your image?

that active """hardcore""" band section made me laugh

code orange is the only actual hardcore band listed and they're just plain boring.

The local punk scene where I'm at is totally not dead. It's just changed. It has a ton to do with dark folk inspired punk songs. Instrumentation includes upright bass, banjo, guitar, fiddle, washboard, and electric guitar.

Pic related, these guys put on incredible live shows. Punk is totally alive and well as long as you participate in your local scene.

folk punk is stuck in 04

folk punk is the worst thing to ever happen to punk

>folk punk is the worst thing to ever happen to music

ftfy

Punk for me is all about the live show. Hardcore is dead where I'm at and the rockabilly/folk punk scene has the best live shows. I absolutely love this stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=XUNBRFhDyyA

These people are almost as bad as the crusties.

I wish them pain and suffering.

Their old washboard player died the other day. Cowboy fell off a balcony back in 2012 and lost his long term memory and could only remember things for 5 minutes and then he'd reboot like a windows pc. Your wish is granted.

youtube.com/watch?v=cd-2qYpRh08

>washboard """""""""""player""""""""""

he deserved it

i hate folk punk as much as the next guy but you're a sack of shit

these people are not punks

My problem with the whole "these people are not punks" thing is that everywhere you go punks will tell you that "insert genre of punk" isn't really punk and their scene is where it's really at. Most of them are full of shit and just don't want people to like what they don't like. I just love going to live shows and seeing cool music.

Iron Reagan

Damn, the dude with the striped t-shirt is hot.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Xahvg7-iJ4

not that guy, but check out these guys

doitwithmalice.bandcamp.com/

I don't get how iron reagan can be so great while new municipal waste is so average.

tell that to rock "music"

Descendents' album was actually decent though

its subgenres are still around

just because it isn't a cookie cutter version of what it was 30 years ago doesn't mean its dead

>Touche Amore
>Defeater
>Vanna
>La Dispute
>Stray From The Path
>NORMA FUCKING JEAN

inb4 underage b&

Black Lips
Slaves
Sunflowers (Best punk in my country)
A bunch of garage bands that only less than 100 people know but have great sound

I think it's a super group thing.
Kinda like how Down outshines anything by Crowbar, Eyehategod, and (arguably) Pantera.

>Black Lips

really?

youtube.com/watch?v=DRdK9S3Mpdw

What do you mean by hardcore? electronic music harcore or shitty guitar hardcore?

if you cant figure that out from this thread you have a severe learning disability

Local plug. I helped make this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=JpHuPPmPA1Q

yep

You ok?

ok, so it is?

easterseals.com/explore-resources/living-with-disability/

You didn't answer me my question, retard. Are you on ganser by any chance

figure it out yourself you literal autist

why is Stickles so good at writing music but so shit at performing it. and why do The Menzingers have two vocalists when all they need is Greg

Jeff Rosenstock is the greatest punk songwriter of the last 10 years

Arrogant Sons of Bitches -> Bomb the Music Industry! -> Solo stuff

all amazing

Is this shit even punk anymore?

Agreed. Everything he's ever done has blown me away. I keep waiting to be disappointed by him but I've never been let down yet. Worry might actually be the best thing he's ever released. It's at least his best solo work so far.

hardcore punk / youth crew

if you're implying it sounds too much like metal you obviously don't listen to any metal.

all of them were

genres live on in their influence