twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yeah u right

Thom: *stab a knife on him*
Person: x_x

*cough cough

get with the future Thom and Richard, you dated sounding fucks. jk

XD

i hate to intrude but i heard something about aoty 2014

Is this a 2014 AOTY thread? I guess I better check these in at the lobby, I suppose.

Are you a "spiritual" person by chance? a lot of these picks look so enlightening.

If so, which of the albums you posted would you rec for somebody who is getting ready for new beginnings?

My AOTY was three-way tie between this, NOTM and Familiars

TMB is brilliant though, so much better than The Eraser. Truth Ray and Nose Grows Some are two of the best songs Thom has ever written

Nice. Battle Trance is pretty cool.

I'm not I'm afraid. Good luck, though

Thanks. Your Wood Spider and Death Blues albums are tight, too.

>Wood Spider and Death Blues

I bet we'd be friends.

Post your fm or your rym or whatever you got.

sure.
mine was ruins followed by the other two equally. ruins is my favorite album period.

rateyourmusic.com/~Dr_MoonOrGun

I can't get into Ruins like I can with her other two desu but I've been working on it

Unnatural World is pretty fantastic but I think I like Deathcon more, Unnatural World is more concise and better produced but even though Deathcon could drop 20 minutes easily that sprawling ambition is what makes it so great imo. Also like every song on DC is essential, not so much on Unnatural World.

Still need to listen to more Planning For Burial beyond Quietly desu

Added

>her other two
which other two? the AIA albums?
she has a pretty broad discography. every record has its own atmosphere, i love that cause i think i can feel where she's at in her life with each of them.
i've been in love with her music since i first heard dragging a dead deer up a hill.

i like deathconsciousness more as well but TUW is really cool too. i like the mix of industrial and black metal influence, especially in songs like guggenheim wax museum and burial society.
i prefer the production to that of deathcon as well.

quietly is really overlooked, i'm surprised that's the one album you've heard of his.
i think that desideratum is the album that shaped my current taste in black metal. leaving is super good too, i'd recommend listening to both.

Shit sorry, I always think of AIA > Dead Deer > Ruins as being her "big three" because those are the ones everyone knows
Ruins I'm so-so on, Dead Deer I like but haven't really come back to and Alien Observer I fucking love. Need to give them all another shot.

Quietly is really overlooked for sure. I've been meaning to listen to Leaving but never made it all the way through. I've wanted to check out more black metal too though so Desideratum sounds like a good next step

I've never heard any of these, so I'm gonna fall in line here and say that you've got good taste. gj on winning the thread xD

same. i dont think ive ever seen any of those.

anyone else listen to this? I feel like I'm the only one

Nah, that's a super fun album

I've heard Battle Trance, that's a fun one worth checking out. Wait shit didn't they put out another thing this year? I forgot to check that out.

Me too, actually.

PiƱata is my 2014 AOTY, and the best hip hop album of this decade.

Tomorrow's Modern Boxes is great. I honestly like it more than anything from Radiohead.
Incredible taste. All those albums are phenomenal.

Ah, another reminder that I've been here too long.

Aphex: just made the best album of 2014 niggas
Thom: OK Computer

Ruins is so incredible and underrated in my opinion.