What does Sup Forums think of Ridley Scott?

What does Sup Forums think of Ridley Scott?

One of the most influential directors, and most people don't even know why.

This

Great director with a surprisingly amount of mediocre movies in his filmography.

this

also he's senile now

God Tier director who apparently can't read.

Hes always good with visuals but sometimes gets fucked by bad scripts

He always struck me as someone who really understood the mechanics of how to film a movie, but without a strong script to guide him, he's lost when it comes to the human elements.

His entire reputation rests on 2 masterpieces and a half dozen decent at best films. Most overrated director on his time

A highly technical Director that has secured a legacy for himself through the creation of memorable images.

It's surprising that Robin Hood didn't comment more directly on Kingdom of Heaven, since they're taking place right around the same time. Yet that adaptation was the first time that Robin Hood felt like a specifically English story.

I doubt I would call him influential in any way, but he is kind of the best "fun" blockbuster director there is.

the martian was crap tho, but hey, I guess he needed the money.

im glad they hung him at the end of the last episode of game of thrones, shit actor

made a great movie about guy on mars

Blade Runner and Gladiator are two of the best movies ever made.

Overrated and pretentious. The, "it's a fucking movie" guy.
Fuck him

Did he ever collaborate with his brother? I mean Ridley's movies are technically very good, but Tony always seemed to be the less autistic one when it came to directing the actors.

>tfw Alien: Covenant will have christian propaganda splattered all over.

underrated holy kek

This.

Also this.

What's the new Covenant movie gonna be? Another "alien grabs people in corridors" movie? I think we've been too overexposed to the xenomorph for another one to be interesting.

what kind of parents name one child Ridley and the other Tony?

why is the martian bad?

I generally liked the martian, but it doesn't do a really good job of creating tension since he solves every single problem the scene after it presents itself. Also almost every NASA scene that wasn't a lord of the rings reference was pretty cringey. I get that these guys are supposed to be eccentric, but when they stop the movie to explain the basics of orbital mechanics to the audience via THE DIRECTOR OF FUCKING NASA, that isn't good writing.

Blade Runner, the Duelists and Alien are objectively his best movies
Kingdom of Heaven Director's cut and Black Hawk Down were still very good

muh nigga. The Duellists is underrated,

>tfw you're the only one who likes thelma and louise

My family and bros!
I like him, he's a workaholic and always making something for better or worse. Hit or miss but when he hits he hits hard. Also Black Rain is radical. RADICAL.

I want him to do Blood Meridian

No mention of American Gangster yet? C'mon people.

Ma nigga. I still don't know why this movie is so overlooked.

You mean the guy who directed The Duellists, Alien, and Blade Runner?

Well, what the fuck do you think I think of him, faggot?

Try and find an little gem of his from later in the 1980s titled Someone To Watch Over Me, with Tom Berenger and Mimi Rogers...a sleeper thriller