Will this be the movie to completely kill any interest in Capeshit for normies or will it become even stronger with...

Will this be the movie to completely kill any interest in Capeshit for normies or will it become even stronger with them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lt-U_t2pUHI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Another question, where do they go after this

What will be the after credits scene for part 2?

They already have Guardians 3 and four unnamed movies slated for after Infinity War

Marvel train isn't stopping anytime soon. Most of the actors would probably be willing to keep going, it's an easy payday and they get to just hang out and make superhero movies with their friends so it's a fun time.

The only question is where Downey goes after Infinity War, he's getting older and already has more money than God.

>Norman Osborn gets the head shot on famous, becoming a world hero afterwards
>Forms Hammer and The Thunderbolts after all the other Avengers are missing or hiding
>Public don't really know that they are villains posing as heroes

Dark Reign?

>NY in ruins
>Let's eat!

you realize that this is what Civil War was about.

>Marvel films have been entirely beloved for years now
>literally whos like Starlord and Antman are welcomed in
>Spidey's return and growth over next 10 years
>single-handedly elevating only genre that puts action into interesting scenarios
>Disney's only competitor is Star Wars

Marvel will never leave boy

When I see them talking about putting out films in 2020 I want to kill myself

at least marvel has changed plans as it's gone on. Some that were planned disappear, some are merged into other ones, new ones can pop up

if they made these grand designs and stuck to them come hell or high water, that would be stupid as shit.
And I suspect DC will do exactly that.

Thunderbolts

>Disney's only competitor is Star Wars

Yeah I fucked up on that. Meant to say Marvel has next to no competition

It's more that I didn't even expect to be alive in 2016

Why am I still going

I mean, I don't really blame them. Battle's over, they're hungry as hell. As long as they'll serve them it's all good.

What is shawarma anyway? My googlefu says they're meat wraps/sandwiches. Sounds delicious if not exactly exciting.

oh i see

buck up, sport. Go buy one of every drug and take them all at once, then try and finger a llama at the local petting zoo

that's what brought me out of my crippling depression

Legendary's Kaiju cinematic universe could if they play their cards right.

Organization Monarch (featured in 2014s Godzilla) start to notice large creature around the world and begins to study and observe them to learn more.

Movies planned/happened:
Godzilla (2014)
Skull Island (2017)
Godzilla 2 (2018)
King kong vs Godzilla (2020)

Shawarma or Shawurma is a Levantine Arab meat preparation, where lamb, chicken, turkey, beef, veal, carabeef, or mixed meats are placed on a spit, and may be grilled for as long as a day.

None of thatwill directly compete with a Marvel movie. Those films are going to avoid competing with them on the same weekend like the plague. Will they be succesful? Maybe. Don't know how well the new Godzilla did financially
If DC got scared of a Captain America movie then Marvel is going to be untouched for the time being.

So in a nutshell, it's really *good* meat sandwiches? Now I want some.
>cultural appropriation
Dammit, tumblr has poisoned my mind. I just wanna eat delicious food.

Gyros are better.

$180 million is a fraction of what bill gates and most saudi privileged cunts have. Keep in mind, he has no skill. He is just a face and voice people recognize. There are people on this website with 160+ IQ that don't have the same opportunities most actors squander each day. Imagine the film and art we could produce if we got these introverted isolationists to direct a movie.

I think they will be unable to "top" these. Everything has been building up to this point. Even if there is more story planned out I think people's interest will plummet.

You can see investors are even circling other potential replacements if this fails like Star Wars, Warcraft, other video game movies, even anime and manga with Ghost in the Shell.

MCU already is starting to suffer from having too much content: jumping into a series with 12 movies and 6 TV shows in 10 seasons by the end of this year is daunting.

Most of the movies stand just fine on their own, though.

>I'm an underappreciated genius who doesn't have the opportunities these lazy privileged actors do, I could be so much better than them if they just noticed me!!!

oh fuck off, nigger. Downey worked his ass off for his current success.

The people who started at the beginning, way back with Iron Man 1? They're likely to jump off. But Marvel has picked up a lot of new viewers and will continue to pick up viewers to replace the ones that are gonna stop going.

Once this current plan is done, they'll switch gears and let this Phase 1-3 be left alone.

Yet somehow most of the general public doesn't feel that way and the series is the most successful it ever has been, where even a D-lister like Ant-Man puts butts in seats

Philip Seymour Hoffman pounding Marisa Tomei

Reminder that they haven't killed much heroes yet, even if it was to bring them back later.
I think Infinity War might have at least one of the important ones die, and then they will recast him in a few years.

Vision is powered by the Mind Gem and Thanos needs it to complete the Infinity Gauntlet. He's almost certainly going to die, even if they ultimately backpedal and bring him back in the end.

I think if GotG and Ant-Man prove anything, it's that individual characters don't put butts in seats. A combination of franchise strength (since they're both MCU movies and were marketed as such) and positive reception seems to do it. Don't forget Iron Man himself, while not unknown, wasn't exactly an A-list character in the zeitgeist until the movie raised his profile.

thanos will be a quip machine

Oh I mean I only meant it would be another cinematic universe (franchise) that will probably make profit (2014 Godzilla did really well actually. It beat the studio projections and was greenlit for a sequal almost immediately). But yah if like comic film competition they are untouchable. Their quality control is kicking the shit out of the competition.

Look for some street vendors.

Iron Man should have been a great character from the start - but the character was off-putting to many, especially children, because he's a womanizing alcoholic - and his armor-face doesn't allow much in terms of expression to let a reader empathize with him.

They're really good, yeah.

Doesn't matter to the casualfags, they'll jump in wherever they like. Don't forget that binge watching has been appropriated by normies too.

> See Civil War on day 1

> Mostly teens and young adults

> Excitable Cap/Bucky fangirls sitting behind me

> Random businessman sitting on his own

Broad appeal

>Ant-Man
>ever at any point in his existence a D-Lister
C, at absolute worst

>people said Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D was irrelevant
>people mocked Inhumans

Niggas gonna have to eat some humble pie

It's interesting that people will binge a whole season of a Netflix show; typically 13 episodes of ~50 minutes of length. The MCU (movies) in total, assuming about 2:15 per movie, is like twice that length. It's like two seasons of a show. And if you REALLY want to cut it down, just watch Captain America's movies and the Avengers.

There was a lone middle-aged woman when I watched it second day.

>13 years ago Paul Rudd was the awkward 7th Wheel attached to FRIENDS' demise

>now he's a main character alongside RDJ and Scarlett Johanson in a AAA maga-movie

How did that happen?

he kicked up the 4d3d3d3

Why doesn't Dr. Strange just turn up, fix this shit in 2 minutes, then fuck off back to whatever cosmic horror he was fighting before?

Is he just a lazy cunt? Doesn't seem like much of a team player.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lt-U_t2pUHI

Friends wasn't his first role; he was in Clueless in 1995. Plus he put in a lot of work with Judd Apatow that solidified him a capable comic actor.

He always manages to surprise me. In that I never think I'm going to like him, but then I do.

ANTS

Why were there no ants in Civil War?

MCU movies happen broadly in real time, so Dr. Strange won't acquire his powers until half a year after the Accords are signed.

Actually, that may be one reason he gets them. Whatever mystical power teaches him may believe the world lacks protection now that the Avengers are split.

Germany committed ant genocide, leaving only aryan bees

Obviously the overall strength of the brand is a huge draw, but the main point is that the brand is so strong that they've been able to sell nobodies like Guardians and Ant-Man.

People who think the series is going anywhere anytime soon are delusional.

He would have been too OP

I buy that. He was pretty fucking hax already in the airport battle

add sequence OYSTER

That's pretty gross, user.
I doubt Marisa Tomei is a necrophiliac.

What I really wanna see if how the character age's affect their roles in the movies. Like, Iron Man's gonna be like 50 when Avengers II comes out, right? But Spidey is gonna be like 20 something, so then he'll become the main character of the MCU?

Interesting stuff, bud.

The actors being too old hasn't stopped Harry Potter or GoT

>Iron Man's gonna be like 50 when Avengers II comes out, right?

You somehow managed to accidentally be right despite massive ignorance. RDJ was 50 when Age of Ultron came out.

I predict Strange is going to be the new lead of the MCU, if Doctor Strange is well received, and if Bendadick Cuminhersnatch is willing.

Spiderman is just going to remain a teenager forever even if they're still making movies when Holland is 30.

Marvel has shown they want Spider-Man kept in a state of perpetual arrested development where he never grows or learns anything and stays in high school forever. They cast a 20 year old who looks 14 for a reason

I think that's more so they don't have to worry about child labor laws while still allowing the character to grow up. And while Sony never really lets him mature, I think the MCU might. They've let Tony mature considerably.

Yeah, unless they make something innovative but is Marvel so i doubt.

well it can't go on forever unless they are planning to have OAP's for super heores.

>RDJ was 50 when Age of Ultron came out.
Right. But what about Tony?

Not really the same with HP case, bud. GoT there's some comparasions, I Guess.

>And while Sony never really lets him mature, I think the MCU might.

Dude, One More Day should tell you all you need to know about what Marvel thinks of the character of Spidey. Spider-Man would rather sacrifice his marriage and the birth of his future child in order to bring his old aunt back to life, all so Marvel could go back to "fun, young, hip bachelor Peter"

MCU Spiderman will never leave high school.

Or introduce new Actors. Like Warmachine.

Tony's probably about the same. His father was in his 20s in the 40s; he'd be in his 40s when Tony was born. Tony can't really be much younger and stay realistic.

When the bubble bursts and ten movies are cancelled at once it will be hilarious.

they could all be like DR WHO and regenerate.

Post Reveal Spidey was shit, one more day was an abortion, but the reset needed to happen.

>Be like DR WHO
They could use new actors, yes.
But I think making MCU heroes Time Lords is a bit much.

I just want Thanos to show up and completely fucking wreck the entire crew, including Thor and Hulk. So people truly and totally feel like the Avengers are FUCKED.

Because that's what Thanos would do.

and then the savior cometh

No pacific rim?

>Because that's what Thanos would do

riiiiiiight

The way I could see this working is a way similar to comic reboot: major catastrophe happens, the MCU is reseted, and thus the same characters are now played by new faces.
oh my god

Nobody is going to take Thanos seriously because he's purple.

Holy shit, people used to read this garbage?

Purple vilain worked in Jessica Jones

>Le quirky meme character can easily defeat all the villains1!11!!!

I hate the state of super hero shit.

>being this mad

You have to remember that back in the 60s these were still written for little kids, who didn't have the internet keeping detailed records of every character's appearences and relative power levels.

I would kill everyone on Earth just to rail her from behind while she wears her supergirl costume

>I would kill everyone on Earth

Or you could pay her manager 25k like the rest of hollywood

>scarjo's gonna be like 45 but, SHE'S STILL GOT IT

kek

IMAGINE

>While I was digging up my family's remains, Tony Stark and the Avengers were eating shawarma
>I will make them pay
>plus tip

>tfw imagining the intense kebab-shits Thor had the next morning

Can I really do this?

in 2019 Scarjo will be a decade younger than 45. Women who were mega hot when they were 20 will probably still be fuckable at 45, provided they took care of themselves

Sheeeeeeit, u right u right. I weren't thinking like that way.

>Ming-Na Wen is 52

I wonder what Thor is going to think when he comes back

>IRON MAN! I BRING TERRIBLE NEWS!
>But first I wish to dine out with the Captain. Where is he?

Being Asian is cheating.

>Vision is kill
>Thor is the enemy

Tony is fucked this time, unless Pepper Potts has become Squirell Girl in the interim