That's it boys I'm taking the plunge into capeshit, I'm gonna marathon the MCU this weekend. What am I in for...

That's it boys I'm taking the plunge into capeshit, I'm gonna marathon the MCU this weekend. What am I in for? What are the highs? What are the lows?

Highs: iron man 1, cap movies, gotg, ant man

Lows: iron man sequels, Thor 2, maybe avengers 2

you'll get fatigued way too quickly

Thor, because he's like Superman, invincible.

Might be redeeming in the third thor movie, but even then, still better than most Action Comedy movies in the genre....

Everyone else will make fun of the movies comparing it to Drama's or serious Sci-Fi

>I'm gonna marathon the MCU this weekend

That might be a health hazard, user. Don't do it.

Highs:
>Captain America
>Iron Man
>Ant-Man
>Winter Soldier
>GoTG (fuck the memery, it's a welcome change of pace)
>The Incredible Hulk

Lows
>Thor
>Thor: The Dark World
>Avengers
>Age Of Ultron
>Iron Man 2
>Iron Man 3

That's all I can list off the top of my head.

Iron man 2 was pretty good. 3 is complete garbage.

Thor is not invincible. He's only invincible on Earth. On Asgard pretty much everyone is stronger than him.

All you have to watch is Winter Soldier and IM1.

Maybe Avengers and Guardians if you want more.

Everything else you can pass

It's a shame because Shane Black is a really good director

Highs:
>None
Lows:
>Everything
Capeshit is trash

What's the run time on the MCU up to now? Like 30 some odd hours?

That's something I've gotta find out for myself.

Mine's close :

Highs:
>Iron Man
>Ant-Man
>Winter Soldier
>GoTG
>Civil War

Middle of the Road
>Captain America
>Avengers
>The Incredible Hulk

Lows
>Thor
>Thor: The Dark World
>Age Of Ultron
>Iron Man 2
>Iron Man 3

Iron Man 1: i remember it being pretty solid
Iron Man 2: eh whatever
Thor: ok
Cap 1: ok, slightly above average
Avengers: ok
Iron Man 3: meh
Thor 2: didn't watch
Cap 2: pretty solid
Avengers 2: total shit, couldn't finish it
Ant Man: pretty solid

11 movies + 8 full TV seasons with 4-8 seasons of TV and three movies every year to come until 2020

Movies are an average of 2 hours each, with 12 before Civil War that's 24. Of course it'll get much higher if you're planning on going beyond into Agents of SHIELD and all the other shit.

Comic fan and mcu enthusiast here. This is confirmed to be exactly what you are in for in phase 1:

Iron man 1: RDJ kills it as Tony. Weakest part of this film is the villain Iron Monger. Jeff Bridges still kills it and makes him serviceable, but he is just a bigger Iron man.

Incredible Hulk: lighting in this movie is a disaster, but has a distinct feel due to being produced by universal. If you like the Hulk its solid enough and handles the character well enough for an introduction. The Hulk sequences are meaty enough to be satisfying if you enjoy the character. Edward norton is weak as Banner but he isnt terrible for an early in his life Bruce.

Iron Man 2: An utter mess. Oddly enough all the "shoe horned" in avengers stuff and Tony dealing with his timely demise are far more engaging than the tragedy that is Whiplash and Hammer (hammer is fun in a bugs bunny sort of way but shit antagonist). Weakest phase 1 with some alright action sequences (race track scene). RDJ still kills it and you get to meet Black Widow for the first time which is cool (I like her but she get a lot of hate around here).

Captain America The First Avenger: I enjoy this one a lot, but for a lot of people this appreciation comes in retrospect. You need to know caps past to truly appreciate his future. I like it as a Marvel version of the 40s. Its a cool "period" piece in a way. It also got the whole propaganda aspect of his character down pat. As I said though think of this and winter soldier as companion films. 1 full arc in 2 parts.

Thor: Although Im in the minority on this one to this day I still feel this way. This is the best phase movie excluding the Avengers. Kenneth Branagh brings a Shakespeare-esqe feel to the movie which really gives the fantastical elements of the story a charm. Peoples biggest complaints with the Thor movies are the Human elements (primarily the romance), but maybe Im biased towards portman because I actually like the romance between the 2. Any this one will be a toss up for you.

Avengers: Find out for yourself my man. Whedon is a cuck but doesn't mean he didnt do this right.

Iron man 1, antman and cap 2 are the only decent ones the rest are shit

Nobody cares about how pathetic Thor is in space Sweden. We care about Earth.

KEK thanks