The CW has picked up its first new series for next season, and it is not that new. After weeks of speculation...

>The CW has picked up its first new series for next season, and it is not that new. After weeks of speculation, Supergirl will move from CBS to sister network the CW, which has renewed the superhero drama for a second season.

Is it on deaths door?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3Xq0T3N0Lr8?t=47s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birds_of_Prey_(TV_series)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ha..ha..ha ha ha haaahaaahahahah

Ouch.

It should have been on The CW to begin with.

should have been moved to the British Broadcasting Corporation to be honest.

Why does CW renew everything no matter what?

>Shooting will move from los angeles to Vancouver

god damn anyone else feel bad for the actors/actresses....isnt that a shithole compared to LA

It looked like shit with a CBS budget.

Hope the first season comes to Hulu, I have yet to see it

Just mash Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and Supernatural into one show senpai

It's gonna be smallville all over again

Its a smaller network and nearly all their shows get strong enough ratings to get renewed

Same here. I'm waiting for it on netflix

>this shit bombs
>agent carter not renewed
why do people hate women so much

I keep hoping Arrow calls the Winchesters for help with Damien Darhk. Maybe Dean bangs Thea. Yeah I have Arrow on in the background.

>Supergirl gets moved to the CW while Constantine remains canceled

This.

Death's door? Moving to CW all but guarantees multiple new seasons, they rarely cancel shit, let alone something tied with their biggest shows

CBS owns CW, Constantine was on NBC and probably owned by a different studio, too lazy to look it up.

CBS tried to appeal to younger demo and failed, time to crank up more procedurals about evil internet trolls

I wouldn't want to see Constantine become a show that only takes place in 3 locations anyway

The CW and netflix need to stop with all of their capeshit shows. It's clogging up their channel/website.

CW's head, Mark Pedowitz, openly regretted not jumping on it when Berlanti proposed the show. When Les Moonves got cold feet over the cost (guy shells out millions in salary costs for every episode of BBT, but $3m/episode for Supergirl, due to effects & licensing costs, was just too much), he acted.

>clogging up the CW
From what? More tween dramas that are nothing but once-a-week soap operas?
>clogging up Netflix
Netflix doesn't work like that. If you don't want to watch it, just scroll past it.

Maybe it'll improve a bit.
Because holy shit s1 was bad.

There was talk of moving Constantine to Syfy but they decided against it.

The funny thing, the writing on the show will actually improve.

CW is only alive today because Arrow and Flash bumped the ratings.

youtu.be/3Xq0T3N0Lr8?t=47s

every
fucking
time

>network television still not dead

CW = Cape World

CW is weird because they make most of their licensing off of international deals and streaming, which is why they can survive on shit ratings for a network.

not enough cord cutting yet

>Supergirl, why aren't you flying around anymore?
>Budget cuts.

thank you based CW for saving this show. I don't know what I would have done if I couldn't fap to Melissa Benoist in the supergirl costume, and the thought of her getting BLACKED

LA is a shithole, ive never been to vancouver, but i spent a year in LA and it and all of california can go fuck itself.

i didnt even know constantine was capeshit until it was canceled, maybe thats why it was so good. same with the show lucifer, someone told me its a comic book too

Norcal here.

Go fuck yourself.

no one cares about commiefornia you faggot fuck. Go back to sucking dick and getting your ass turned inside out

There's tons of good comicshit that most people have never heard of. The best of it doesn't involve superheroes.

>nobody cares about California
>He says as he's on a film board

The Vampire Diaries is what saved the CW.

>Constantine was on NBC and probably owned by a different studio

It was still a WB studio series that was sold to NBC. Once NBC passed on the series, WB could have moved it to the CW if they wanted to.

there are a lot of good comics out there, my personal favorites are:
>the nameless
>courtyard+neonomicon+providence
>snowfall
>witch doctor
>house of mystery
>Y: the last man
>harrow county
>30 days of night

Why not watch it on tv?

and this one scene was way better than anything the flash, green arrow or that fucking awful show supergirl, ever showed.

Supernatural saved CW

agreed

Pisses me off that only capeshit gets screen adaptations

JUST

>no Castiel/Constantine hunting episode

Sadness covers me.

i'd rather live in vancouver than LA. the actual this sucks is that it's another goddamn superhero/sci-fi show shot in Canada and it's getting old

CW is pretty good at keeping its shows running, wouldn't surprise me if the quality of the show goes up even if the budget goes down

i don't know what CBS were trying to do, but they somehow made the show look worse than Smallville, worse than 90s fucking Xena/Hercules

That's a damn shame. Their casting choice for Constantine is pretty spot-on, but the writers kind of dropped the ball, in my opinion.

>Moves to the CW
>FELICITY IN EVERY SINGLE EPISODEEEE

it has nearly 4x the viewers as the flash

if flash isnt going anywhere, neither is supergirl

>implying Felicity isn't going to prison for life after killing literally 10-thousand people on the latest episode of Arrow

Not a joke.

So does Supergirl on CW mean we'll finally get more lewds?

>it has nearly 4x the viewers as the flash

That's not how that works.

>no lantern shows
>no Shazam show
>Gotham still going
>Super girl still going
>Supernatural still going
>No x-men show (alphas came close)

JUST
FUCK
MY
SHIT
up.

CW makes sense for it but I can't even begin to imagine what it will look like on 1/3rd the budget. The only actor that is confirmed to be returning is martian manhunter.

There's a very real possibility that Cat wont be returning, there's no way she's cheap and she isn't flying up to vancouver where they'll shoot this along with the other DC shows for half a year.

flash gets 5m on CW
supergirl started with 12m and ended with 5m on CBS

well sure CW isnt CBS but im confident it will do much better than the flash, it has wider appeal than just pure capeshit

i know its ironic that she wears a cape and the flash doesnt but. hey!

FX is making an x men show

no, the flash does 3m on its best days

god, how perfect would that have been if the dude was black

Good to know Barry uses protection

>roastie

Despite the nice ball handling I'm gonna have to say D R O P P E D

Do you think they kept the costumes on when they held hands?

spotted the fag

>Why does CW renew everything no matter what?

because their target is the young demo, that means companies pay to advertise even with shit audiences because of it.

they canceled annasophia robbs sex in the city prequel

HARD

>i'd rather live in vancouver than LA. the actual this sucks is that it's another goddamn superhero/sci-fi show shot in Canada and it's getting old

the scenario will change? national city really looks like being set on lA, semi-desertic settings.

Since the CW is picking up Supergirl, are they dropping a show to accommodate? If so, what would you like dropped?

Supernatural had it's run

>Is it on deaths door?
Hardly, the move to CW guarantees it will air for at least 4 seasons. The CW rarely cancels shows, this is the network that kept Smallville around for 10 years, and Supernatural will probably end when one of the Winchesters die of old age.

Can't wait for all of California to sink into the ocean. The country will better off without you faggots

When you adjust for the network differences, is that really better?

CW could lose plenty of shows. Arrow should go.

>Hardly, the move to CW guarantees it will air for at least 4 seasons. The CW rarely cancels shows, this is the network that kept Smallville around for 10 years, and Supernatural will probably end when one of the Winchesters die of old age.

smallville was on WB chanel originally, I don't remember the season it started on CW after the merging.

carrie diaries lasted 2 seasons

>Is it on deaths door?
Series like this are a diamond dozen, I wouldn't worry.

goddamnit, another BLACKED season

at least on CW itll be cancelled, the viewers dont take kindly to that shit, see: Hellcats

Melissa Benoist is a qt, but this will need to maintain flash level ratings on CW for it to work, or it will be a much lower budget.

Even the CW has standards, user.

it will already have a much lower budget, cw can't afford $3m an episode

>diamond dozen

They can't replace their other female led cape show user, don't be stupid

>could have had birds of prey as the networks first female cape show
>instead we have supergirl

yeah
after renewing it

so what will cbs replace Supergirl with? what other superhero can attract the younger audience?

They aren't going to replace it with a superhero show. None of their direct-to-series or other pilots are even related to that.

>goddamnit, another BLACKED season
>at least on CW itll be cancelled, the viewers dont take kindly to that shit, see: Hellcats

CW has shows that sometimes doesn't hit 1 million like jane the virgin and crazyex-gf. Sure that the costs of production of supergirl are far highter.

I just wanted to get rid of Cat, but guess calista will make the move to vancouver

Not really a surprise, it was supposed to be on CW originally but CBS bought it from them.

>Its a smaller network and nearly all their shows get strong enough ratings to get renewed
It's a tiny network, all of their shows have limited budgets, and they rarely care how shitty the ratings are. Most of their line-up would be canceled on any other network for pulling .2s and .4s.

>Not really a surprise, it was supposed to be on CW originally but CBS bought it from them.

CW passed on the show, then CBS pick it up

>birds of prey as the networks first female cape show
we already had that on the wb in 2002

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birds_of_Prey_(TV_series)

>Mark Pedowitz

You can't make that shit up.