Admit it neckbeards, you love at least a few songs by them. One of the most underrated bands ever

Admit it neckbeards, you love at least a few songs by them. One of the most underrated bands ever.

>you love at least a few songs by them
Yep.
>One of the most underrated bands ever
Fuck off

I like precisely one Coldplay song and I like it because of Brian Eno, not their shitty anthemic pop-rock bullshit.

/thread

>80 million records sold
>underrated

I think OP means critically underrated, which he is right there

Strawberry Swing is good actually.
In fact that entire album isn't bad at all.

Never listened to an album by them, but i have enjoyed the odd hit single

Viva la Vida (the album) is perfect late 00s-core

pretty underrated desu

Yellow is good shit, Charlie Brown is a masterpiece. They get really boring sometimes, infact I like just a bunch of songs of them.

the truth

good
>don't panic
ok
>shiver
>yellow
>in my place
shit
>everything else
they're underrated only by people who treat them like nickelback.

>One of the most underrated bands ever.
You really need to listen to some more music bud

coldplay > radiohead

>Coldplay
>underrated

>underrated

i really like Adventure of a Lifetime

When a band is overrated by mainstream music media, hipster neckbeards like Sup Forumstards will generally despise the band. When the autists find out that it's actually a good band, they call it underrated because they can't see past their bubble. We've gone full circle.

Fix You is fucking incredible.

But they ain't amazing. After Viva they started sucking bad.

Exactly this. Good first post.

I love thier first albums but Mylo Xyloto might be the most disappoiting album I have ever heard

There's usually a handful of good songs on their albums

ARoBttH > Parachutes > Mylo Xyloto > Viva la Vida > X&Y > who cares

Clocks is their best song.

Parachutes and a rush of blood to the head were their best albums

X&Y is pretty good too

Viva la vida (the album and song) is trash

Mylo xyloto is worse

Ghost stories is horrendous and i havent bothered to listen to their newest ones cause they probably suck too. Coldplay is a prime example of a band that gets worse over time.

>Anthemic

I like that, what is it that you aim to when you say this? I mean what aesthetic (harmonic maybe?) elements do you consider that would make somehing anthemic

Fuck off to reddit

literal bedwetter soft rock garbage

Very lush soundscape but always harmonically pleasing (never going outside the comfort zone of pleasing a casual radio listener), uplifting lyrics, film score-like orchestral usage where it helps build up the "epicness" of a song (also done on synths often but for the same effect) rather than do anything on its own. Every song feels big and romantic and it's almost always feelgood-type stuff.

I think the best way to condense it is music that wants you to feel good. It doesn't want anything else, not to engage your brain, not to make you move, not to create any intelligent thought, not to be interesting, not to be daring. It just wants you to feel good.

not him but you probably nailed it with harmonic

just like other dullish but very memorable brit rock groups. oasis, stereophonics, blur, verve, kasabian, kaiser chiefs to name a few. no real meaningful context to their music, nor the energy or musicianship of previous british rock bands

Thank you both. I get it. Actually I kinda knew what you meant but I wanted it expressed in words, which is what you did

Parachutes is my 2nd favorite album of all time, not trolling.

Talk is pretty cool, but mostly because of the Kraftwerk sample.