Doctor Strange

How will he fit into the MCU?

Other urls found in this thread:

mcuexchange.com/screenwriter-c-robert-carghill-says-marvel-wanted-doctor-strange-to-be-different-from-other-marvel-films/
ew.com/article/2015/12/29/doctor-strange-benedict-cumberbatch-powers
twitter.com/AnonBabble

by quipping

By being the best character with the best movie

comedy in an action comedy!!!!

SHOCKING!

By not fitting into the MCU and being the trippiest movie done this year.

Who forgot how awesome trippy movies were?! NOT psychodelic, but just ANT-MAN going sub atomic cool.

awesome
facial
hair
bros

I really don't think it's going to fit at all, and that'll be awesome.

fingerbang wanda

mcuexchange.com/screenwriter-c-robert-carghill-says-marvel-wanted-doctor-strange-to-be-different-from-other-marvel-films/

>They are constantly trying to evolve the comic book movie, rather than going, “This is what works, we’re doing this.” They’re like, “What haven’t we done yet? Like, what crazy stuff can we do?”
>Kevin Feige and other producers like Stephen Broussard would be “How can we make it crazier?” and I was like “Aw right, let’s play around.” It’s just a hell of an experience.

My body is ready to do some shrooms and then trip balls while watching this movie.

Infinity Stones. The Eye of Agamotto is almost certainly one of them.

AND this is why everyone else fails where Marvel succeeds. They're not looking for a formula.

The better question is, how is magic going to fit into the MCU?

As long as they don't go the Inception route trippy, that was extremely lackluster when it had so much potential since dreams have no logic or structure generally. I want to see something creative and actually strange.

I still don't know why Nolan called it "dreaming" instead of some mind simulation
I guess he didn't want people to think he was ripping off the Matrix
>dreams with rules
So stupid

hardly at all, hopefully
magic-marvel could easily be a somewhat separated thing, like the netflix shows

Shocking is not really the word, I was thinking something more along the lines of Unusual

>have an ugly as fuck face
>star in a shity show that gets popular with tumblrinas
>get hired for MCU so soon you'll be rolling in pussy and money with a stable job for at least 10 years
Steve Buscemi should luck out this way, at least he can act.

Strange even

But they're fucking formulaic as fuck

I went in expecting the dreams of Inception to be like the dreams in Paprika when all they were was an excuse for shitty action scenes

He's at least gonna at least show up in Infinity War. Be interesting to see how the other heroes react to him.

Their plots are formulaic, yeah. What Marvel takes risks on is premises/content, and they do it very carefully.

>IM: Risky, RDJ hadn't been a star in a while, but it was a pretty straightforward story about a charming genius having a redemption arc fighting terrorists in a robot suit
>TIH: a bit more risky, since the previous Hulk movie had flopped
>IM2: Safe, a sequel to a successful movie
>Thor: This is when shit started to get weird. A Masters of the Universe style space fantasy about sci-fi Viking Gods? Rainbow bridges? WTF is this?
>CA:TFA: A WWII period piece about a corny character whose name has been a punchline for years? Get real, Marvel can't keep this up.
>A1: Combining all these different genres in one movie, directed by a guy who's mainly done TV? This is gonna be a clusterfuck, the MCU as a concept won't survive.
>IM3: Safe bet, sequel in a proven series
>T:TDW: First movie only did OK, maybe this will be a flop if they get more into weird space stuff
>CA:TWS: First movie only did OK, nobody really cares about Captain America
>GOTG: Okay, this has to be it. A raccoon? A tree that only says three words? This people are fucking insane, they'll die on this hill
>A:AOU: Safe bet, sequel to one of the most successful movies in history
>Ant Man: Ant Man? Are you fucking kidding me? ANT MAN? Did you hear the fucking disaster this was with Edgar wright? They hired some hatchet man to finish it? This time, for sure, Marvel will crash and burn
>CA:CW: Fuck it, I give up, Marvel has now made all the money in the world.

Huh. I guess I wasn't really thinking about it, but after the new X-Men comes out in like a week or two, that's it for capeshit until November.

>WHY DOES EVERYONE ELSE LIKE WHAT I DON'T LIKE
The Post

i don't understand his powers. is he eventually just going to fire pew pew lasers out of his hands like everyone else?

And thats why Marvel works

In the Infinity Gauntlet, Dr. Strange was one of the first people to be aware of Thanos's plan. Since the MCU does not have Adam Warlock, either his role will be fulfilled by Strange, or by the Vision.

Actually, I rather like a lot of these movies. Most of the comments I put in there are, more or less, stuff I heard around the time those movies came out. The MCU has been plagued by skepticism and the thought that Marvel is riskily overreaching themselves. Which they are, but so far they've made it work, largely because while they take risks with concepts when you get down to how their movies are structured they play things fairly safe. The familiar narrative structure pulls audiences into concepts they might otherwise reject.

And then, of course, once they had enough wins under their belt they were able to just start trading on the brand name.

I mean, they could always just introduce Adam Warlock at some point.

In the Infinity Gauntlet comic he takes Earth's heroes to space to distract Thanos. In his own comics he deals with threats no other heroes can.

This is what they've said about it so far:

>“He can do a whole host of things, eventually,” explains Feige, who is also the producer of Doctor Strange. “He does cast spells, which in the comics have very sort of tongue-twisty fun names. We don’t want to shy away from that, because that’s what makes Doctor Strange Doctor Strange. He has a Cloak of Levitation that allows him to fly, but he doesn’t fly like Superman or like Thor. It’s almost got a consciousness of its own, this cloak, which, again, gives us a superhero with a red cape — which we’ve seen a few times — but allows us to do it in a wholly unique and wholly original way. He can create these mandalas of light that he can use as shields and he can use as sort of weapons. He can create portals that will open before your eyes that he can step through and go to other places around the world. And frankly, even in this film, we’ll only touch upon what a lot of his powers are.”
>Strange is also helped by an amulet known as The Eye of Agamotto. “The Cloak of Levitation [and] the Eye of Agamotto are his two signature pieces,” says Feige. “In this film, the Eye is a very important relic that can be quite dangerous if used in the wrong hands, because it has the ability to do any number of things, the most dangerous of which is, it can sort of manipulate probabilities. Which is also another way of saying, ‘screw around with time’ — which is part of our story.”

ew.com/article/2015/12/29/doctor-strange-benedict-cumberbatch-powers

So, flying with a magic cape, screwing with time with a magic amulet, and the teleportation, energy, shields, energy blasts. That's what I get out of that, though they also mention "tongue twisty" spells without elaborating on what those will do. And in the trailer you see him doing astral projection.

He's the markiplier of film. He's famous for his voice

The only chance they can do it is in GotG 2.

And desu: he is conceptually not that differrent from Vision. He is an artficial humanoid. Just with more power

Unless they do what Honest Trailers did andake Adam the 'Vision' of the GotG

same way he fit into the marvel comic universe. whenever he does crossover shit, he's an OP deus ex machina that swoops in with bullshit magic solutions.

I wonder this too. I'm actually excited to find out.

Yeah, comic books have weird premises. They are also wildly successful when combined with a simple and straightforward plot. None of this is new. Calling all this stuff risky and bold is part of Marvel's overall marketing strategy. They purposefully plant this idea that, "lol o mai gawd, how could it ever work?" so that people shit their pants when it actually does.

Guardians of the Galaxy stands out as a particularly egregious example of this. It was marketed as this crazy out there thing because it had a talking racoon and a tree person, as if unconventional characters was some new phenomenon. Look at Star Wars. Look at Star Trek. Look at fucking Spongebob Squarepants. Nobody in the year 2016 thinks of those things as particularly risky despite using all the same tropes as Guardians of the Galaxy. It's just fucking hype and people fell for it.

This is why marvel is doing well, their open to trying née things on a let's have some fun basis instead of forces new things on a let's try to not be basis

As I recall, plenty of people expressed skepticism about Thor, CA, GotG, Ant Man, and others. It's not all marketing, dude. Normal people saw those trailers and thought "What the fuck is this?"

>Feige is doing this movie

Oh boy, now I know why they cast a woman to be the only one stronger than Strange!

>Tilda Swinton
>Rachel McAdams
>Amy Landecker

Can't wait for all those feminist quips!

>Benedict Cumberbatch the same guy who was ranting about muh refugees

This is literally the first Marvel movie that legitimately looks cancerous and has some agenda to push. You simply can't have this many people involved with cancerous agendas and expect the movie to come out clean.

>Yfw it bombs and they blame the misogynistic anti-spiritualists

When they blame you you mean

>remove all the Tibetan roots in favor for more China dick sucking

That's not the point he's trying to make. If anything, he's implying he likes these movies by listing them like that.

Shit like that is the reason the MCU is working.
The movies will never be worse than their source material, even if Zack Snyder somehow weaseled his way into it.

He can do anything. He can solo the entire Avengers.

Well I am a straight white male who sees through this thinly veiled "refugee" bullshit, and believes marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Guess it's my fault!

Dr. Strange and the Hulk are the two most OP characters in the Marvel universe outside of literal god characters like Beyonder or LT.

Strange is a quasi reality warper.

Feige, not Feig, you fucking idiot.

Kevin Feige has been producing Marvel movies since X-Men.

>Thor's name is Daniel

Wut.

He's a level 20 pure wizard min/maxer against a bunch of multiclass faggot roleplayers

of course he can solo them

Daniel was the guy who picked up the hammer and became Thor

More like a lvl 40 epic wizard.

Even Scarlet Witch?

>Some random faggot picked up a hammer and became Thor

Then why does he still look exactly like the old Thor?

Pffffff.
Hahahahaha.

>Le different colored energy beams fighting each other

We want the DBZ crowd!

The only beings Strange cannot beat are literal gods, but he goes all Constantine on them.

What did he do to her?

made her a vegetable

So who would win between Strange and Hulk?

>banishes hulk to different dimension
Think Strange wins

Because that's what the hammer used to do before they retconned Thor into being an alien.

Pick up the hammer, become Thor. Let go of the hammer and you drop the disguise.

Level 40 wizards are too busy surfing the event horizons of black holes and constructing armies of neutronium golems as game pieces to play chess with the gods to care about their home planet.

Strange.

And Doom, there is only Doom.

post the pages where Banner turns back into Hulk and breaks Strange's hands

This?

DOOM?

Even though WWH was full of bullshit like this I always get hyped during this moment, the Hulk vs Sentry fight, and ''I WILL DESTROY THE WORLD''

Strange lost that fight because he didn't know how to be Hulk. He endangered innocent people, whom Hulk saved. Hulk turned back into Banner and played on his emotions, and caught him by surprise. In a sense he outsmarted Strange.

But I would say they are evenly matched. Although Stange has more useful spells in his repertoire.

That's Mordo, probably channeling Dormammu.

he'll shock and awe

To be honest I'm still not convinced about Cucumberpatch. I think he doesn't have the necessary grizzly 50-year-old look and deep crackly voice.

The other guys in his retinue look the same, with the eyes. It could be Dr. Druid, who originally was called Dr. Droom.

Magically

Actually 12 years a Slave man is playing Mordo it's been confirmed for almost a year now but he is not the antagonist. Or not the primary antagonist. Mads is yet named but quite clearly the key motivator.

>The only beings Strange cannot beat are literal gods

Pussy.

when do they get a movie?

who would you cast Sup Forums?

It will be forgetable generic trippy shit.

>Normal people saw those trailers and thought "What the fuck is this?"
And normal people are fucking retarded. What's your point?

This. Thor was basically Shazam.

>tfw can't cast Cumberbatch, Mikkelson or Hiddleston as Morpheus because of MCU contractual straitjacket

Emma Stone would be a qt Death, at least...

I feel this particular incarnation of death was based on loli death from Thanos.

>normal people are fucking retarded.
There are two contradictory statements in this sentence.

They didn't. They took the more sensible approach and made Tibet inexplicably filled with non-asians.

>Gaiman
>even once

I think you meant loli death from Thanos was based on this particular incarnation of death.

I did mean exactly that. Whoops.

Tell hm marvelbro! DCucks can't even make valid arguments because there movies are so bad.

>we will never get a WWH movie or a planet Hulk movie

I just wish Hulk was more than "durr smash" in the the MCU.

They're in the process of making one. It's going to suck because it isn't marvel, so it will probably painfully generic because WB is completely averse to taking any kind of risks.

WHat are you even talking about? He's probably tghe most complex avenger

They never let him talk or do anything but smash shit and look sad.

Banner gets all the emotional shit, Banner is not the Hulk.

>"I am Death, I am NOT of comfort"

Christ, even the grouchy Death from Heart Of A Star wouldn't say anything this melodramatic and awful...

In the multiverse, he fits with all of them. The multiverse even includes Fox, even includes DC

Are his eyes and stuff on his fingers, or are his fingers see-through?

>marvelbro
Don't touch me or call me "bro", plebeian, never again.

Odin force, the way thor gets his powers, is a form of magic

quantum physics is the new green rock

>hating on based Tilda
Someone here have not seen Constantine

But they are formuliac. It's so easy. It's status quo.

I want to have faith with Doctor Strange. The visuals look better than anything since IM1/CA1 where the grey blurfest began with Thor1.

I want Ant-Man and Doctor Strange to turn this shitty MCU in to a game changer.

>Black Panther
The new, not so retarded Tony Stark. While he doesn't have all the new ideas or inventions, he can bankroll the Avengers because he isn't >MERICA and literally is his own country, and can tell the rest of the world to fuck off.
>Ant-Man
Can do things that no one else can do yet, covertly, if given proper instructions and planning, like Captain can do (as team leader)
>Doctor Strange
We'll see how much they adapt.
>Vision
Somehow was neutered in Civil War. Where the fucking shit was he in the airport fight? He's also a game changer. Also very instrumental in Infinity Wars due to holding an Infinity Stone.

DONT LET JOSS WHEDON INSIDE THE BUILDING. HE WILL FUCK EVERYTHING SIDEWAYS. Let Feige see bits and pieces, don't let him in either.

Those two fuckfaces are stunting any decent Marvel property, they want it safe and grey.

This. She already proved to be amazing at these kinds of roles. Even though Constantine was a shit adaptation, Gabriel was on top.

sicc quipps