Implying Lana del Rey isn't the best mainstream female pop artist of the 2010's

>implying Lana del Rey isn't the best mainstream female pop artist of the 2010's

Her name backwards is anal.

sure thing...

QUEENB
U
E
E
N
B

SLAY
L
A
Y

her last album flopped, she's not mainstream anymore

wow she's double pleb

Until Grimes becomes mainstream, this is pretty much a fact, by a mile.
K E K
E
K

Maybe on a universe where Lady Gaga doesn't exist

Lady Gaga has one good album and a few worthwhile singles.

>she's not mainstream anymore
idk if i would go as far as to say that, but it is undeniable that the hype for her has died quite a bit

The Fame, The Fame Monster and Born This Way are all certified bangers

The Fame Monster is great.
The Fame is meh.
Born This Way is trash, but Judas is her best song.
Objective ratings only.

rym kinda likes her, innit?

Literal whore that slept with people for the little success she had.

[citation needed]
RYM is fairly split on her, but most people can admit that Ultraviolence is pretty good.

But pop music is shit. What does she achieve by being the least shitty (but still shit) in a shit genre?

You're just going through puberty right now, user. You'll eventually grow up and realize that pop is based as fuck.

the least shitty Pop artist is Twenty One Pilots.

That's not even up for debate.

No it isn't. Not cookie-cutter top 40 Billboard pop shit that Del Ray and Gaga and those types create anyway. THere's been a ludicrous homogenization in pop music in the last 20 years, it's like the 40's and 50's all over again.

actually, her rich daddy funded her career, Lana Del Rey is only Character and who cares what she did to archieve success, her music is still catchy

This.
You know this happens in literally every genre though, right? You just have to sort through to garbage to find the gold.

When a pop album is good, it usually has a lot of non-pop elements to it and isn't fawned over by waifufags.

Graceland is a good pop album.

filtered

>it usually has a lot of non-pop elements
Yes, such as trip hop and psychedelic rock, like what Lana Del Rey's instrumentals have dabbled in. You're correct.
>and isn't fawned over by waifufags
"Waifufags" have only existed in the 21st century. Hounds of Love is a masterpiece. Place Kate Bush in her prime into the internet era. Do you not think dumbasses like you would pan her work due to her having "waifufags" on anonymous image boards? Stop having such a narrow scope.
Cool.

>Do you not think dumbasses like you would pan her work due to her having "waifufags" on anonymous image boards? Stop having such a narrow scope.
She wouldn't have had any waifufags attached to her. If she was waifu material, she already would've had something.
>trip hop
wow it's literally garbage
>psychedelic rock
hardly. They're all generic songs, either driven by a 4/4 drum loop or piano-led, + orchestra playing film soundtrack-tier backing. Usually the lyrics are the quaint love shit that was tiring when Paul McCartney did it in the 60's, and now it's just grating.

>If she was waifu material, she already would've had something.
Have you noticed that people only consider women under 30 to be popular waifu material on here?
>wow it's literally garbage
Shit taste, man.
>hardly. They're all generic songs
>he's judging Lana's music after only listening to Born to Die

This. Only edgy morons hate an enjoyable genre like pop.

>She wouldn't have had any waifufags attached to her.
How delusional. She has "waifufags attached to her" right now, despite being fairly old. You're so narrow minded, grow up.

>who is pic related

Dont know about that but my female pop artist of the 2010s is Marina.

Everybody has his preference, you like Lana, others like Grimes and i like Marina. Nothing wrong with that. Thats why this thread is useless, because it subjective, so do me a favor and either start a Lana thread or no thread at all

An ugly girl who thinks she's attractive

she cucked Marina, so people must find her attractive

>being this mad his waifu is an untalented balding grandma with Alzheimer's

forgot the iconic pic

i'm not gonna lie, Burn was a pretty epic song. Everything else from her has been pure shit

im not mad at all, i just find it very unnecessary and extremly pathetic to try to bait others, since really noone really cares about the pop artist you like more

shut up Marina

sure Lana

Her music sucks. Every song is her moaning incoherent words over slow elevator music.

ty ma nigga, you got it

>Every song is her moaning incoherent words over slow elevator music.
that's what makes it so good

OP said mainstream female pop artist

>all these posts
>not a single mention of taytay

>only """"hit""""" was a remix
>inb4 muh europe
only AMERICAN success matters, hunties

Lana del Rey

Grimes will never release a song half as good as Bad Kids.

Lana doesn't even have a good album.

I think Janelle takes that spot
her albums are far better

She's become a bit mushy

wrong

Dawg, its okay if you like dick. Its 2016, you have rights now

She's one of the best

What is her weeknd collaboration about

only gay tumblr posters have ever cared about Marina though

Not at the moment

Ultraviolence exists

A long time ago

>this is a 10/10 according to Marinafags

yes, traps aren't gay

>still looks better than 1/2 of Grimes photos

wrong

This.

Is Sky Ferreira considered mainstream?

>listening to mainstream pop
>listening to female artists
hello tumblr

Not really. She's on magazines so maybe, she has her moment in 2017 booked already

it bums me out that sky's music is so bad, I really want to like her

If there's one thing to say about her, she surely is a product of the 2010s.

She would never have had a career in any other time in history and that's a fucking fact.

I have no problem with pop

Lana seems a bit depressed

she was relevant in 2012 and now is just there you know

Maybe because her botox is wearing off and she's ageing like shit

She seems bored generally

yep that's the image they were going for

1: Lavren Mayberry
2: Carly Rae Jepsen
3: Taylor Swift
4: Skylar Grey
5: all of Little Mix

Llama btfo

Well I read Liz doesn't enjoy performing live to big audiences and gets anxious before hand. She is perhaps a bit insecure, it isn't all a manufactured creation

24K Magic is a different sounding pop song and its #4 about to go to #2 next week
Bam

that's ironic because i'd love to anally have sex with her

Yeah it is, her faux 60s image is well a fake. She had major plastic surgery and an image overhaul once she went from indie to mainstream. She's extremely manufactured but still polite and kind, I guess. I hate female artists, they're all terrible by the way.

me too!

She changed her stage name and went to habitat, that's about it

I think it's all manufactured, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. It's just performance, pop has always been that way to a significant extent.

It's very difficult to get to her level of prominence as a mainstream pop artist if you have anxiety. If you're a pop star, and you do as many photoshoots as her, you want to be seen. It drives you, even.

jesus christ would you fags shut the fuck up and start posting lana?
i'd "fuck her tirelessly", if you get what I mean

How much surgery has this cunt had

Not enough to get rid of that moustache shade it seems

I actually agree but that's not really saying much considering her competition

None of her records are above a 5/10 and her new record that came out is like 2/10 shit tier. You couldn't make a more fucking boring record if your recorded 66 mins of warbling falsetto and one-note synth pads.

>Lizzy Grant that low

I think she's a little more complicated than this, and that you're slightly contradictory in your points

How so?

Her last didn't satisy her hunger for money since people have moved away from her "vintage" le sad gimmick.

She's done. Good riddance.

shit thread m8

>Grimes will never release a song half as good as Bad Kids.
She already released tons of better songs than Bad Kids. Just to name 3: Oblivion, Be a Body, Realiti. These are flawless songs according to any standard you want.

She really has potential imo.

People that are desperate to be famous are generally pretty insecure and anxious, bit like Lady Gaga.

Artists that are completely constructed and can cope with it no problem are usually a bit more down to earth and less like jittery divas, see Lauren Bacall for example

So I'm sceptical towards your analysis

>So I'm sceptical towards your analysis
Your problem is that you're conflating insecurity and anxiety. I would actually agree with you that people desperate to be seen and loved are insecure, but that won't lead them to have stage fright.

Insecurity and lack of self confidence are connected I believe

Not necessarily, and it definitely doesn't always manifest itself in anxiety.

If you are insecure, you seek approval. That doesn't mean you fear the process of gaining that approval

>tfw I get dubs and you don't

My parents don't know her.
So she isn't really mainstream at all.