So, why are you not trading on the stock market Sup Forums...

So, why are you not trading on the stock market Sup Forums? The typical Sup Forums user is in the ideal situation to learn about and profit from trading. Can watch the market all due do to being unemployed, no expenses since lives with parents, parents likely thrilled you are doing something productive and will throw money at you. Don't have to be social, can make money from home in your pj's.

Why don't you study and invest Sup Forums? There is no better feeling than seeing a pick do what you predicted and making money to boot.

Robinhood offers commission free trading so you can start with a small account and not be killed by broker fees.

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Should-someone-begin-investing-by-using-the-Robinhood-app
investopedia.com/university/technical/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do it faggots

get your bullshit app out of here

bump

I wish i developed it. It's not bullshit though, commission free trading is legit.

Do something productive in between fapping to shota.

Live the dream.

>adds on Sup Forums

yeah im sure youre just name dropping this specific app
get the fuck out

It's not meant to be an ad. Robinhood is just the app i use personally due to commission free trading. There are other options out there with low broker fees, you can get $1 trades with Traider.

this

Okay, I guess I should have spoken in code about the tools i use.

But yeah, im totally trying to advertise a trading app on Sup Forums, I developed it...you got me bros, lol.

Bullshit OP.
quora.com/Should-someone-begin-investing-by-using-the-Robinhood-app

just stop trying. no one cares

>quora.com/Should-someone-begin-investing-by-using-the-Robinhood-app

How is anything I said bullshit. Yeah, don't get the app and put your life savings in a portfolio and start making stupid buys. That goes without saying. That article is implying because people could lose money it's a bad service. This is the nature of the stock market. People are angry because they are doing something that hasn't been done before, opening trading to people who don't have the money to fund 25K margin accounts and pay $7 per trade each way.

Robinhood makes its money off taking your dividends youd normally get

Wrong.

But this isn't an advert for robinhood, use whatever brokerage you want. I meant it to start a discussion about why Sup Forums doesn't look into trading. RH just makes it accessible for people with low capital to get involved.

Yeah im sure this guy is just making and maintaining this app out of the love of his heart

No, they do make money, but it has nothing to do with dividends. They make money if you open a margin account on the interest from said margin. Unallocated funds of users are also invested in interest gaining accounts.

Also, its not a single dude, this is developing into a large brokerage.

this ad isnt working very well

are you day-trading? penny stocks? how long do you typically hold on to a stock? high risk? low risk? long term?

let's talk turkey here.

OP's right btw you pederasts. Put your goddam money to work for you.

This isn't about robinhood, you dumb fuckmonkey shitbirds.

Lol, yeah fuck me for trying to start a discussion. I should have included some loli's getting fucked by tentacles or something instead.

As an avid investor I can tell you that day trading is one of the quickest ways to lose money. You're a glorified gambler. Read this book and learn your way around mutual funds / high grade bonds/ Don't fuck with your retirement because I doubt SS will be around for much longer.

Prove your not same-fagging, right fucking now.

>as a liar on Sup Forums here's some out of date shit to basically make you feel bad about trying anything

day trading is literally gambling
you can make money fast or lose it fast its not a sure thing

I typically swing trade, I hold anywhere from a few days to months. Day trading is a whole different game. There are restrictions on day trading, you can only have a certain amount of day trades in a rolling 5 day period. Unless you maintain a margin account with at least 25k in capital, which is not realistic for me at this point. Penny stocks are very risky endeavor, they are often extremely volatile. I think a lot of people have a notion that it can be a way to get rich quick (hey what if this penny stock goes up to $50 a share, and I can buy 5,000 shares of it right now!) but the odds of that happening are very slim.

In reality the price per share of the stock you're looking at doesn't matter much, as long as you can afford to buy 1 share, it is a valid investment. Percentage gains/losses are what is important.

As far as risk is concerned, I don't enter trades that have lower than a 3:1 risk/reward. I typically look for small cap stocks, with well defined chart patterns.

Looks like we found some people who aren't retards now though, thread success.

Depends on which companies you use

You can day trade an have sustained gains, people do it. It just requires a lot of capital if you want to do it for your sole source of income. It's not something you just decide to do overnight, unless you want to lose the shirt on your back.

i don't care if you are shilling robin hoodwink. just tell me how many shekels i need to start and where to begin my research. where do you recommend i start?

Investopedia is a great resource. Start by reading their page about technical analysis. Learn how to read candlestick charts. Don't start with real money at first, there are options to papertrade(play money). TDAmeritrade will let you try papertrading for 60 days with their think or swim platform, which is excellent.

Remember, when you papertrade, don't pretend you have 500k in capital to trade with unless that is really what you will be trading with when you start, or you're just wasting your time.

Try to develop a trading plan that works for you and can produce consistent gains, you will not win every trade, the key is to win more than you lose.

10% gain per month is a very respectable goal to shoot for.

that sounds boring. i'm not interested in the broad strokes. i want to dive into something specific and lose or make a few grand. pretending doesn't do anything for me. give me something that will spark my interest....a specific industry i can research, something i can monitor/predict..

Enough with your fucking spam you fucking tool.

OP did a post about wanting to day trade and being new to this and "finding" this fucking app. The app is a fucking joke and it's not 'free" so don't be scammed by these fucking cunts. FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR APP YOU STUPID FUCKING NIGGER

I don't trade specific industries. Most of my trading is based on technical analysis of charts, the company itself isn't very important. Recognizing indicators is.

I am serious about trading so I can't recommend you just blindly throw money into something. However, there are plenty of solid long term investments that you can throw money into and forget and reasonably expect to make gains. Any of the precious metals, gold does especially well during a shaky market.

If you want to do it right you are going to have to put in the time to learn what you are looking at, there is really no way around that.

Climb back into the oven Schlomo, you're not done.

You're a fucking moron.

youre a fucking shill

i would rather trade specific industries and focus on where they're going than the entire jewish financial system. i need something specific!

You literally think I created the robinhood app and I'm trying to advertise it on a thread on Sup Forums. This is sickening levels of stupid my friend.

Shit. I am.

Fuck the fuck off you stupid nigger of the kike religion.

no you are paid by them to advertise like this on sites

Focus on something you find interesting then. Like video games? Research amd/nvidia. AMD looks pretty good currently. Nintendo saw a huge spike after the Pokemon Go release.

Fuck this piece of shit. Anyone want to look into who the fuck owns the app and fucking wreck this jew?

Okay

Which industries are the most volatile?
Which have the most obvious indicators?

I don't like videogames and I don't find things interesting.

I can show you one of my most recent trades. I bought BEL at $9 after recognizing the chart pattern showing here (triangle formation). It is now likely to climb to around $13.

The tech sector is generally the most volatile.

OP is being derided for spam and scam.

Fun thing, I trade (not for free... through a brokerage firm, which takes some of my margins) and I love how things are easy and going well. Just don't invest without brains

>recognizing the chart pattern
do you know what the cycle represents? what do the spikes correlate with? so every asshole is buying and selling at the same time?

Well it doesn't sound like I can help you, you'll have to figure out if it's something you would like to do. I gave you some good info.

stock market is run by the JEW.
you will lose your money.
don't be stupid

you didn't give me anything mike rowe wouldn't tell me in a 2 min conversation.

The pattern there is an ascending triangle pattern and generally indicates a breakout. The further the price squeezes between support (blue line) and resistance (pink line) the more likely the stock is to break out, or shoot up like illustrated there. Yes, everyone asshole is always buying and selling, the green bars indicate a price increase due to buying, and the red bars indicate a price decrease due to people selling and taking profits (or losses)

You didn't give me much to go on, you said you want to blindly throw money out there and try to make a profit. If thats what you want to do, just pick a random penny stock and pray for the best.

Thanks, user... I'm about to start a hypothetical account. Could you recommend a place I could monitor the stocks and prices, preferably for free?

I'm an ausfag know any resources to use to get into trading? None of these american sites/apps are available here

finviz.com is great, if you make a TDA account and do paper trading you can create your own watchlist there to monitor stocks are you interested in. Any brokerage you decide to use is going to give you the ability to start a watch list to keep up with stocks you have your eye on.

Read up on how to use stock screeners as well. There are thousands of stocks on the market, you want to learn how to filter and thin that number down to something manageable so you can find stocks that fit your trading style.

Finviz has a great stock screener, you can find videos on youtube on how to use it.

>so every asshole is buying and selling at the same time?

i meant everyone sees that pattern and buys/sells accordingly? was that just an obvious pattern? surely it's not that simple.

Also if you decide to go with TDA ameritrade to practice paper trading, look up some youtube tutorials on how to use thier software. It is extremely in depth and can be overwhelming.

Just some general advice, focus on moving averages (20, 50, and 200 day), learn to identify support and resistance levels, and learn to read RSI and MACD indicators. Those are the really important ones, there are hundreds of indicator tools you can apply to any given chart, but if you understand those you've taken a big step in the right direction.

i'd like to start off small, focusing on a single industry, and then moving out from there to understand it all in a more general sense. i was hoping you could suggest something specific, that's fluid and would be fun to research/monitor. "technology" is too broad.

Well, yes and no. It's not as simple as that, not everyone is doing the same type of trading you are. Some people are looking to hold a stock long term (they could care less about my $3 per share gain) some people are trading on extremely short timelines where that pattern wouldn't even apply.

So yes, everyone has the same information available, not everyone is looking to trade within the same timescale. Hope that makes sense.

It's also important to note that none of the indicators are GUARANTEED to work, they don't happen every single time. It's important to look for more than one metric to line up.

AMD, stock is pretty volatile, usually reacts to news, some interesting news coming up, earnings reports, they just launched a new chipset, and it's in an overall bullish move right now.

Thanks! Now I just gotta figure out how to read these charts...

ok great, that makes a lot of sense. everyone has their own pattern to find depending on their trading style. the big jews aren't interested in your 3 shekel triangle. can you make put trades or shorts or whatever it's called when you bet the stock's value will decrease? like how will ghostbuster's flopping impact sony?

I'm glad you're realistic. I think you'll make a lot of money (or a lot more money).

I'm just starting. I only have about 9k in savings right now, for your first few/several trades, did you go all in? or did you start with a grand, a few hundred?

investopedia.com/university/technical/

Read through these, will take you about an hour or so, you should come out with a general understanding. Then you can focus on specifics.

OP makes good points about the ideal character of investing for a NEET and I've become interested in learning more. How would you guys advise am absolute beginner to start learning how to invest effectively? I am quietly literally financially inept but I am used to reading so I think I can pick it up if I tried. I don't care for an app and to have someone else do it for me, I want to know the satisfaction of predicting tendencies and profiting from those predictions. I will take any advice seriously and might begin tomorrow.

You can short stock yes, it's a risky endeavor. For example, if you short at stock at $100 per share, and you short 10 shares. You get $1000, but you are then responsible to pay back those 10 shares, you are banking on the price decreasing.

Because a stock cannot drop below zero, you cannot make more than 99.9999 dollars per share, but the potential for the stock to increase above 100 is essentially infinite. You are taking theoretically unlimited risk, for a limited reward, if that makes sense.

I can't speak to sony and ghostbusters, I don't trade on fundamentals much, most of my trading is on chart analysis. You can however trade primarily on fundamentals, which is analyzing the economy, studying the company behind the stock. Or you can do a mixture of the two, or pure analysis, that is up to you.

I started with paper trading, I did that for awhile until I felt comfortable and then I put a few hundred dollars in a brokerage, one I wont mention since people think im advertising (lol) instead of just wanting to have a discussion.

My advice is do not under any circumstance just dump your savings into an account and start trading. It is important to slowly work your way in.

Love it, thanks!!

Though, we all know the real winners on Wall Street are the brokers...

thanks for the explanation. i'm thinking it would be interesting to focus on an industry that relies on manufacturing in areas that's prone to unpredictable weather or unrest. something that would require i keep up with current events and politics in a specific region. i'm not interested in looking at charts and finding patterns.

Hey its you again. cat pooping on toilet user. how are you?

You might be interested in commodities then. Those are heavily dependent on economic trends, current events and even politics. You will want to have a basic understanding of chart analysis though, even if its not your primary focus.

What's up mannn? Working on a buzz and...I dunno. It's a rollercoaster, you know. You?

Anyone else here have tons of ,,oil & gas stocks?

For example, the stocks DGLY and TASR, both tend to spike after mass shootings, or police violence that gets heavy media coverage. DGLY makes police body cameras, and TASR makes...tasers. You might find stuff like that interesting.

outstanding! we're making progress. can i trade commodities on your app?

Just got done shopping on amazon for prime day. Doing a little resistance training and playing some Battlefield 4 before bed. It's nice to see you. Haven't seen your pics in a while.

You can. You can trade commodities directly, or you can trade commodity ETFs, where are a collection of stocks that are meant to track price trends of a certain commodity.

For example, WEAT is a wheat ETF that tracks a group of stocks related to wheat.

I remember money-making threads from years ago. They were usually small-money making threads, money from ad revenue, etc.

This is a great contribution, OP. Thanks for the thread and the info. I'd love to see some Sup Forumstards make some real money.

Yea they tried to sucker me in with that scam too. I was on BF4 earlier. Some asshole kept sniping me from a mountain top. I had to switch teams and kill him until I got kicked from the server. Fuck that game. You know I don't like you following me.

I've found it really enjoyable as a side hobby to make some money. I was just thinking about it and I think it's something that Sup Forumstards might like. It's surprising how much doing something productive can improve your state of mind.

samefag trying as hard as he can to make this become a meme
random =/= funny kid

Fuck off, this is a positive self improvement thread.

i see. what sort of profit margins am i looking at in commodities?

>trying this hard to b8
kys kid kek

That is impossible to say and varies widely depending on the stock/etf and your position sizing, and when you enter into a trade. Commodities tend to be fairly predictable and even follow some seasonal patterns, if you are talking about things like crops.

fair enough. how are you trying to profit from zika or the rio olympics uncertainty?

You'll want to learn what a stop loss is and how to utilize it. For example, say you enter a trade at $40 per share, and you expect the price to climb to $50 and you will exit the trade at that point. You set a stop loss below the price you enter at, so if it starts to go south you automatically exit the trade and cut your losses.

The bigger gap you set between the entry and your stop loss, the more room the stock has to run without you exiting the trade, but you're also exposing yourself to more risk. So if you set your stop loss at $35 you're risking $5 per share with the potential to make $10, which would be a 2:1 risk reward. You generally want to shoot for a higher risk/reward than that.

In general you want to risk more money when there is a greater reward potential, and risk less money when there is a smaller reward potential.

I'm not, i trade technically, not based on fundamentals. The stock I'm trading doesn't matter much to me, what the charts tell me matters. Unfortunately I'm not the best source of info for the type of trading you seem interested in. However, it certainly a valid way to trade.

But if i was i would research pharma companies that are working on zika research. You might find pharmaceuticals interesting in general. You can make a lot of money by finding pharma companies that are entering late stage clinical trials with a promising new drug. That is something you can actively research and make purchases based around.

ok. when does it make sense to hoard 25k and open a proper trading account? i dunno if i want to invest time learning all these things just to fuck about trading peanuts.

For whatever reason I mostly only play Metro. I'm decent, but there are some regulars who wipe the floor with me. The member's of the 88th come to mind. I'm also very skilled at pistols. I've played pick up matches with the JPL platoon on an irregular basis. Pistols only and they keep tight formations around their squad leaders and are surgical with executing tactics. Those Japanese man, it's so difficult to kill them.

It's kind of funny how you think it's the same person when the reality is it's not, and cat pooping on toilet user and myself have history, so fuck off.