Any medfags here that can explain a short lasting SHARP pain in ribs that only lasts a few breaths of so?

any medfags here that can explain a short lasting SHARP pain in ribs that only lasts a few breaths of so?

Aids

super aids

mega aids

Testicular Torsion

Giga aids

pericarditis or gallstones? I have had both and they both had that symptom.

You have AIDS

Terra AIDS

idk what pericaditis is, but its not gullstones because it only lasts for a few breaths and happens once every few weeks or months

It could also be muscle spasms of the intercostal muscles.

quadracular aids

Probably a clogged artery. Trombosis or something. I experienced this also a couple times.

You're dying OP

could it also happen in the chest?

what area of your ribs?
maybe costochondritis?

I get the same thing; I think it's a pinched nerve, literally nothing physically wrong with your lungs. I smoke weed, so I was concerned, and that was the consensus.

If you're under 30, it's costochondritis. Take double the normal dose of advil for a couple days.

paramedic here. it's most likely a muscle just cramping for a moment. very common and nothing to worry about.

couple days to several months..

If it's in the right upper quadrant below your nipple above your belly button, it's probably galbladder related; especially if it occurs after you've eaten. You need an Ultrasound/HIDA scan to rule out cholecystitis (sounds chronic).

If it occurs when you breath periodically, it may be a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs), but since you've said it's been over weeks/months; that is less likely.

Intercostle muscle spasm is the likely culprit second to cholecystitis of the galbladder.

Any diarrhea/nausea/vomiting? Pain after you've eaten a meal? Which side is your pain? Upper or lower of said side? Does it hurt when you press into where the pain originates?

Aren't you always breathing?