Does Sup Forums like Lou Reed?

Does Sup Forums like Lou Reed?
I'm just getting into him, anything i should know?

Sick Boy: It's certainly a phenomenon in all walks of life.
>Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: What do you mean?
Sick Boy: Well, at one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone forever. All walks of life: George Best, for example. Had it, lost it. Or David Bowie, or Lou Reed...
>Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: Some of his solo stuff's not bad.
Sick Boy: No, it's not bad, but it's not great either. And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just shite.
>Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: So who else?
Sick Boy: Charlie Nicholas, David Niven, Malcolm McLaren, Elvis Presley...
>Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: OK, OK, so what's the point you're trying to make?
Sick Boy: All I'm trying to do is help you understand that The Name of The Rose is merely a blip on an otherwise uninterrupted downward trajectory.
>Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: What about The Untouchables?
Sick Boy: I don't rate that at all.
>Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: Despite the Academy Award?
Sick Boy: That means fuck all. Its a sympathy vote.
>Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: Right. So we all get old and then we can't hack it anymore. Is that it?
Sick Boy: Yeah.
>Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: That's your theory?
Sick Boy: Yeah. Beautifully fucking illustrated.

Metal Machine Music is his best album

He only had two good solo albums

Transformer and Berlin are pretty sweet albums imo.

>he allegedly once told a reporter, 'I don't like n*****s'. He also called Bob Dylan a 'pretentious k*ke' and had several fights with David Bowie.
our guy

>pretentious kike
But lou was jewish himself

>David Bowie had it but then lost it
I don't know the origin of this pasta but it was made in the late 80's i would agree but to say his 90's - 2016 is bad is completely wrong.

It's from the film Trainspotting

>1996
eh a little wrong but not completely

>I don't know the origin of this pasta

I wouldn't be surprised.. he was a part of The Velvet Underground & Nico. Nico was a racist nazi which is kinda funny since Lou is a jew.

Even if he told a reporter he hates "niggers" I still wish he lived.

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: Some of his solo stuff's not bad.
Sick Boy: No, it's not bad, but it's not great either. And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just shite.

didn't he have a threesome with Bowie and Iggy

You should try opening the thread before posting next time

Azelia?

LEGENDARY HEARTS TEARING UP APART

>Reed was described by some friends and colleagues as racist. His friend John Cale, the Welsh musician and fellow member of The Velvet Underground, described him as "Nazi-esque", saying: "Every once in a while there'd be something about Jews or he'd call Bob Dylan a kike and I'd be, 'But Lou, you're Jewish,' and he was like 'Yeah, don't remind me.' He had a definite supremacy streak, [the belief] that he was physically, spiritually and creatively superior", a view he appears to have continued to maintain throughout his later years. According to Cale, Reed once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a smashed wineglass, saying "I don't like niggers". During a performance in Berlin, the audience rioted after Reed performed the German national anthem "Deutschlandlied", including a verse omitted since 1945 for its nationalist associations.

He was like Tom Waits to me. Beautiful songwriter and musician, cool as fuck, but pumped out a lot of dodgy shit due to experimentation.

>Tom Waits
>pumped out a lot of dodgy shit

Nice one, user.

Yeah worded that badly. Waits has had his misses but nowhere near the extent.

This is the only time I've ever found this pasta funny.

The Untouchables was absolute shit.

Transformer is his best, Metal Machine Music is good.

Watch Trainspotting it's a great film

And as someone who's listened to all Bowie albums, most albums after Scary Monsters are mediocre at best. 1. Outside, Heathen and Blackstar are pretty good but come no where near to how good his 70's work was.