Try to convince me that Kanye West isn't the best musical artist alive

Try to convince me that Kanye West isn't the best musical artist alive
(Attitude and bad image on media doesn't affect music)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bzNXfsJRijg
youtube.com/watch?v=XI6C7L66zq8
youtu.be/Bm5iA4Zupek
youtu.be/tqGdgezwVkU
youtu.be/BcdQoVGKXd8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

Okay, i'll have a go. And let it be know I really dig Kanye and saw him in concert 10 years ago.
Best/greatest is obviously subjective but do you really think he has evolved.?
He used to do insightful raps about family and trying to make it, now he just falls to the same old Rap trope of talking about how good he is.

...cont
The Beatles did 12 albums in 8 years. Quantity isn;t always quality but the evolution of their music actually altered the trajectory of music.
Kanye's production also did this but he was part of a decade of super producers like Timberland, The Neptunes and Daft Punk

nah i agree with you

...cont
And i would be happy to judge Kanye on his own merits and ignore the bad image but it's become too much a part of his music. Its his #1 theme.

He went from making songs with principle and real substance to being a generic piece of shit nig rapper

He's also an arrogant fuck that married a literal whore

His wife cucked him, he can't be all that great.

Cool, I rest my case and will put on Dropout. Peace

OP here and yes I agree his music has definitely gone down hill since Watch the Throne...sad

That album is cringey as fuck I really don't understand why people like it

Its a meme album

You want proof? You can't handle the fucking proof. You asked and I deliver. This is why you are an autistic fag with an idiotic statement like that
youtu.be/bzNXfsJRijg

I meant that's the album that started the downward slope

Convince me that he is. You can't, because his shit hasn't been even good for years. He's trying to be innovative but it just sounds corny.

MDBTF>LR>YZ=808>CD>Grad=TLOP

*uses shitty quality live clip*

Couldn't name a single song of his even if I heard it. He's less than nothing and a complete nobody that's famous for being a massive douchebag who married one of the worst people alive.

He's been wack for years, that album was just overkill

I disagree

"Famous for no reason" not gonna bring up the fact that he's one of the number one album seller :/

Then defend your opinion, I already stated mine

In order from best to meh
LR
MDBTF
CD
GRAD
TLOP
YEEZ
WTT

The clip is not shitty fag. That is just how terrible his so called talent is....cunt

Can't base all of his talent off of one 28 second clip

28 seconds is all you need...

Yeezus being that low means your opinion is retarded, every song on it is golden, zero filler at all. Graduation didn't age well at all in comparison.

because he's a rapper and all that rap consists of is speaking to a beat

you could make the argument that rap is more about using rime to preserver the flow of the "music", however good music dose this no problem plus the artist is actually singing and attempts to engage the listener by having them come to their own conclusions by having the lyrics talk around the theme

where as rap beats you over the head with its point which is almost always the same cliché bullshit premise

im not saying there's no good rap if you look hard enough every genre has something half decent in it but in terms of the mainstream rap you hear on the radio its all the same and it would be better if the genera never existed

tldr-kanye is far from the best musical artist because he is a rapper and not an actual musician

You could prove anyone "talentless" with a 20 second clip tbh

fuck this nigger faggot. why don't you offer to suck his dick, OP?

overrated garbage

Best alive? I don't know about that, I know that music preference is subjective and all but I've honestly never understood what supposedly separated this guy from all the other run-of-the-mill rappers out there

> attitude and bad image on media doesn't affect music
> bad image doesn't affect music
> doesn't affect music
> music

You call what that talentless hack produces music?

> OP confirmed to have no taste

Graduation is way better than Yeezus sorry. Graduation has more meaning. Better lyrics in general. Although I love "New slaves" from Yeezus

>claims he's proud to be black
>fucks and married a woman that isn't black

I have zero respect for people like him

Naw dude, dude naw

Listen to The college Dropout and Late registration then ask how he's different

>alive
well its a meaningless ttitle then

Ever tbh

intelligent person spotted

So he has to fuck and marry strictly black women to claim that he is proud to be black??

>Still alive
youtube.com/watch?v=XI6C7L66zq8

show a 20 second clip where kanye beats mercury then

I disagree, Yeezus was much more concise thematically, all of the songs feel like they were written from the same exact mindset instead of reused scraps from his early days of rapping. Also the production was much better and actually pushed the envelope of what rap could sound like, Travis Scott, Tyler the Creator, Vince Staples, etc. all of their most recent albums are heavily influenced by Yeezus. Graduation was just following the current trends at the time, it was purely a pop album and it didn't innovative. Plus it has way to many filler songs. That's why Yeezus is better

I could if I had the time or energy tbh. I just have to find a clip of mercury making a mistake and a clip of some of Kanye's best work

If he's so proud to be black then why are you having kids with someone who isn't black? That makes no sense he's full of shit and always has been

Can't wait until that nigger and his cunt wife are dead

You've actually swayed me to think different. Thank you user

Avoiding all facts

What facts you fucking homo, that you'll suck his dick no matter what?

The funny part is he couldnt give two fucks about you

in theorie. But you wont find a clip of mercury singing so horrible for 20 sec. im also curious about that best work from anye?

I literally cant name a single song nor do I care

He takes other people's music and talks over them. He's not a musician. I bet he doesn't even know how many notes there are.

Holy fuck you are retarded. So you call the singing in that clip a "mistake"???? Top KeK!!!!!

I'm sure if I dug deep enough I could. And just about anything from The College Dropout and Late Registration

I Fucking Love you. And Gorgeous is a personal fave

Np, not shitting on Graduation btw, I honestly think all of his albums are at least 8.5/10, but the reason I find Kanye to be such a fascinating artist is the way his music seeps into the rest of hip-hop and influences the entire genre into moving into different directions. I rated the albums by my personal favs, but I honestly think 808s is probably both his most influential and well made album overall. That shit changed the entire game when people predicted it would be a failure, that's something I can respect.

Every one of his albums is a leap from the last (except maybe CD and LR). I'd say that's evolving

Dont have to do anything, hes pretty fucking terrible

I can agree. I also love how every Album has its own theme to it. It's no beautifully made

Bob Dylan

Paul Simon

Tom Petty

Willie Nelson

Mick Jagger

Plant/Page

Billy Gibbons

Bruce

Sting

John Williams

Ennio Morricone

I don't see why he gets so much flak for thid. He was just having fun and it wasn't a remix or anything. People love hating Kanye. All I got out of it was that he knew how to control a crowd

No talent moron married to a coalburning whore.

His "music" is of no interest to me.

Ever since I saw him perform on Chappelle's show, I've thought he was a terrible rapper.

it isn't musical or an artist

Thank you

Replace LR with MBDTF

He has a very good catalog, but if I had to pick a song to introduce someone to him, it'll be this

youtu.be/Bm5iA4Zupek

So this is Kanye's lyrical genius? Even Freddy Mercury and Queen were less faggotty and pretentious. This is supposed to show how much Kanye sucks, right?

youtu.be/tqGdgezwVkU

Could be all 3 tbh

Hell, it could be all 7 excluding barry bonds and drunk n hot girls

I feel like this song would drive people away tbh they wouldn't understand its deep meaning. If start them out with something simpler

we were talking Albums not songs

Its damn hard to introuce people to Kanye especially if the only song they've heard is gold digger and they assume the rest of his stuff is the same. His albums are just so different from each other.

>Musical
>Artist

Considering these words don't even apply to Kanye West its probably impossible to convince OP of anything clearly obvious.

All of his albums have a beautiful theme

I can't. Massively talented, and so good he makes up for the things he doesn't do well. The Bob Dylan of rap. Kanye's flow might not be anything special, but Dylan's voice is awful....and holy shit did that guy change rock music for the better.

how do they not apply

Damn the whole yeezy millitia is here

latest album has handful of alright song and the rest is shitty filler. Don't kid yourself faggot you actually know I am rt. Please come to terms with this. The Life of Pablo was great big retarded let down.

Go listen to your dad rock.

I agree, he can't sing as well as a great vocalist like Freddie Mercury that doesn't mean shit. He did it for fun and only sang a little portion of the song. He's riling up the crowd - a good live performer does this. He is good at that.

I guess I was thinking from the perspective of someone who isn't already a hip-hop fan. Kanye is pretty hard to decipher if the only way you know him is through his media personality. How about this instead?

youtu.be/BcdQoVGKXd8

Not possible since you've already outed yourself as a fucking retard.

Sorry fam.

College Dropout -> Graduation is the best shit.

Ten years ago in concert he spased out and danced like an electrocuted Forrest Gump. Now he puts energy into set design and presentation, because he knows that's the best eay to give a show. After GOOD Kid, MAAD Cty, I saw Kendrick Lamarr in concert twice. He looked lost on stage. In ten years, he'll be way better at it.

All the bandwagon 15 year olds on here have never listened to College Dropout, Late Registration, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and Geaduation. Man, who are these fucking cuck holders?

The music is mediocre

He's only gotten better since the trilogy, Late Registration is the only one that still holds up.

The fact that people debate his greatness and argue back and forth like their opinion is going to solve some important problem should tell you all you need to know.

While you listen to my big black dad rock your mother's bed

Everyone loves to hate Kanye but have they heard Roses? Hey Mama? Runaway? Lost in the World? Homecoming? Crack Music? Saint Pablo? New Slaves? Hold My Liquor? Dark Fantasy? Gorgeous? Devil in a New Dress? Touch The Sky? Drive Slow? Bring Me Down? Addiction? Gone? Late? Spaceship? Never Let Me Down? Through The Wire? Family Business? Last Call? Jesus Walks? NOOOOPE.

Kanye is mentally retarded

/thread

When he recorded Through the Wire knowing his mouth was wired shut from surgery after a fatal car accident

Trips
>no big deal

I live on my own

Freddy Mercury's voice spanned five octaves, which is almost unheard of. Plus, he was probably the gayest man alive during his time on earth. Yet he somehow managed to get ever macho football player to rejoice in his hit "We Are the Champions" before glancing at his friends ass in the shower and then wanting to beat up a gay man to deal with the discomfort. Do yiu know another performer who could get away with wearing assless chaps on stage? Oh yeah, Kanye. They are both amazingly talented, and the quoted lyrics are from two great songs.