Wow this movie was overrated garbage

Wow this movie was overrated garbage.

Yeah someone already did a post like this with Primer. Why not call Citizen Kane crap or hitchcock, that's at least a bit more original. Also try to make fun of Clockwork Orange or The Shinnings endings...

none of his movies are truly great, and they are all super similar with the EXACT SAME GIRL in every one

porco rosso was probably the least boring one

howl's probably the coolest one, but Pom Poko is the shit. I don't see how that's the same in anyways between the movies.

They're based off his family and friends and such so yeah, probably the same girl...

>porco rosso was probably the least boring one

do you just get your opinions directly from Sup Forums or what.

First half of the movie is a 5/5, mystery and whimsy and wonder

And then Miyazaki ran out of ideas or a way to actually end the story, so he was like "lel war is bad"

The movies are more chick flics, there good date movies if you want to seem like an edge meme lord.

its got like 8/10 rating everywhere, which is pretty much what it is - ok movie with decent visuals. not overrated unless you are a fucking Sup Forums autist meme spouter that thinks its either shit or kino.

you know war is banned in japan. it's like one of 2 countries in the entire world.

It was based on a British book.

Agreed I really enjoyed at it first but it dragged towards the end.

Yes it was. Easily Miyazaki's worst.

>so he was like "lel war is bad"
A lot of his films revolve around this subject, only retards like you complain.

>war is banned in Japan

they still allow american navy dudes to make war on their choice sloots anuses

>Miyazaki's worst.
>not ponyo

Castle in the Sky is best Castle

Ponyo is somewhere in the middle. It's better than Porco Rosso, The Wind Rises and a few others.

anime is goat

I enjoyed most of it but the ending was so weak it changed my overall perception of the film to disappointing.
Mononoke is the best example of this shit.

Watched it and fell asleep.

>Mononoke is the best example of this shit.
Howl's was a generic happy ending but how is Mononoke's ending disappointing?

>people shitting on based Porco Rosso
I will fight you.

Fuck you it's one of my favorites
Porco Rosso and Spirited Away are better though

fucking madman actually dare to mention book on this board, do you want to be killed?

I'm not shitting on it. It's just nothing special.

The book was way better because it didn't have miyazaki's obnoxious cliches

haven't watched the two new ones and I'm scared they won't be good

Pom Poko

Only Yesterday

Nausicaa
Grave of the Fireflies
Whisper of the Heart

Hols
Chie the Brat
My Neighbor Totoro

Future Boy Conan (TV)
Goushu the Cellist
Laputa

On Your Mark (MV)
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbors the Yamadas
Spirited Away
Ponyo

Kiki's Delivery Serivce
Porco Rosso
Howl's Moving Castle

The Borrower Arrietty

Castle of Cagliostro
The Cat Returns

Ocean Waves

Panda Go Panda

Tales From Earthsea

>castle of cagliostro
>below ponyo

opinion discarded

Ponyo has great art

CoC is just a bland Bond movie

I will never not be upset with this movie. I love the book, and the movie was one of the worst adaptions of a novel ever made. Go fuck yourself Ghibli. I don't think most people even know it was an adaption, certainly almost no one who watched the movie read the book, so hardly anyone even realizes it's a shit adaption.

Miyazaki's worst and truly his only bad movie

For any user's living in Belfast, they're currently showing a different Ghibli film every Sunday at the Queen's Film Theatre

>it's a shit adaption
so? films are different

I tried showing this to my gf to get her into anime (she watches kids cartoons a lot and has a kid), I showed her Spirited Away and My Neigbor Totoro and she enjoyed them, so I decided to show her this and she hated it and thinks i'm a pathetic weeb now and won't let me pick out movies anymore.

stop being a fucking stupid piece of shit
Miyazaki does what truly competent directors like Scott and Kubrick did
He gets the source material as simple inspiration to his movies, as ponyo is an adaptation of the little mermaid
but nevermid go suck Synders or an anime studio dick because they copy pasted something on a screen, you fucking pleb.

The novel was not rly that good tbqh desu

>porco ross
>6

Porco Rosso is best Miyazaki and it's not up for debate

that is all

It can be different without completely tearing the source material apart.
>He insulted muh superior anime film! Better accuse him of liking Snyder!
If Miyazai wanted to make a movie that had nothing to do with Howl's Moving Castle he shouldn't have made a movie titled Howl's Moving Castle.

Prime example on why being a contrarian isn't cool

shut the fuck you pleb.

I disrespectfully disagree you fucking fetus.

Most of what Miyazaki does is based on adapted material. Most of these films derive their titles from the adapted material.

>ywn live in a miyazaki world

What's the point

it's nice, but not excellent like the 7s and 8s

after you shitposter
What does that have to do with anything? If they're as godawful adaptions as Howl was he sure as shit shouldn't have done it with the others either.

Wasn't great but it sure was comfy

Yeah that's the thing with Porco Rosso, it's a tourist brochure with slow moving scenes where characterization was supposed to go.

it's still comfy as fuck to watch,
but yeah, the war subplot was retarded as fuck.

Tales from Earthsea and Arrietty are still Ghibli's worst movies.

>Tales from Earthsea and Arrietty are still Ghibli's worst movies.
I watched some of From Up on Poppy Hill but had to turn it off, that's why it's not on the list

The point is that this is standard fare for Miyazaki and your complaint shows that you're not very knowledgeable on him or his artistic process.

As said, Miyazaki did what competent directors do. Adapted works don't have to be by the book translations to different mediums.

I downloaded all the studio ghilbi movies I've currently watched:

Howl's moving castle
Grave of the Fireflies
Spirited Away
Ponyo
My Neighbour Totoro

What do I watch next?

It doesn't matter if I'm knowledgeable of his process if it's a shit process retard. He can pump out thousands of movies that have absolutely nothing to do with their source material, doesn't make it any less stupid to keep adapting things poorly, and as I said, adapted works don't have to completely disregard the source material either. Keep gobbling his cock though you worthless weeaboo.

I bet you hate the shining

start at the top of this list and continue until you get bored:

thanks for the schadenfreude, friend

delete all of them and watch vampire hunter D: bloodlust instead

Poppy Hill was GOAT in comfyness,

I don't know why it gets so much hate.

I get uncomfortable when watching the anime equivalent of muzak.

Not only did he change the plot of the story and many of the events that take place, he changed the characters. Their names, ages, personalities, and many never even show up. A lot of the charm was lost for me. I think the movie is cute and the book cuter, but the movie absolutely fails as an adaptation. It's more fanfiction than adaption. Which is fine for people who just like Miyazaki movies, but a pretty big disappointment for those of us that were expecting to see almost any of the story animated.

I've also never been a fan of his character design but that's not the same complaint.

>fails as an adaptation
so?

If the book is any good it'll be adapted faithfully for the PBS audience with plenty of fog machine use to cover for the low budget.

Did anyone watch this movie? It felt like a Ghibli movie.

I agree. I think it is the worst Miyazaki film. The movie had no direction.

The complaint is that the film has no direction and the moral is forced because of it.

Princess Mononoke

It's my favourite Ghibli film 2bh, I don't get why It's constantly overlooked

watching pom poko rn.... how have i never seen this???

that moment when you realize that Cowboy Bebop and LOGH are the only good anime

because you don't have a raccoon ballsack fetish

It had horrible pacing. It was NOT the sum of its parts either. It had great individual aspects--neat little quirks and interesting concepts, but is was executed HORRIBLY. Miyazaki really could have afforded to better plan the script ahead of time on this one. I really wanted to like it, and I still enjoy watching it to a degree, but it can't recommend it.

In fact, it's probably the WORST Miyazaki film to recommend as an introduction for someone who hasn't seen any of his films. It won't manage to connect with a person at all unless they already appreciate Miyazaki for other reasons, and can recognize the good things about HMC.

Is there a problem?

You all better shut the FUCK up right now.

Sophie is CUTE and I will NOT tolerate this injustice.

>spirited away
>6.5

actually just fuck off

>On Your Mark
>6.5

It's at least 7.5, dude

>tfw you will never have a qt angle waifu to feed coca cola to

Spirited Away

Naushika

Arrietty
Mononoke
Grave of the Fireflies

Laputa
Ponyo
Castle of Cagliostro

When Marnie Was There
Whisper of the Heart
Kiki's Delivery Service

Porco Rosso
The Wind Rises
The Cat Returns

Howl's Moving Castle
Poppy Hill

Only Yesterday (sorry, but I couldn't get into it. I'll give it another chance one day)

Ocean Waves

Sheeta best girl.

>Princess Mononoke
>6.5

Pick one you colossal fucking jackass.

>howlands moving castle

Wat

Better but still not perfect.

> naushika
> they specify in the manga it is pronounced now-see-kah
howcasual.jpg

Mononoke is top tier shit and anyone who disagrees is a faggot.

>Mononoke
>7.5

This is what I'm talking. I was JUST in another thread on Sup Forums about Miyazaki getting through telling someone Mononoke is underrated to most people and here we are. It's clearly in his top 5 films but people just don't want to recognize that for some reason.

Future Boy Conan > Castle in the Sky

>A FUCKING PIG

I'm not one of those faggots that cares a bunch about dubs, but holy shit, on a repeated viewing I realized that Howl was voiced by Christian Bale and I can't unhear it now.

Bale is Howl and Keaton is Porco Rosso,
the mouse really puts money on their dubs.

Haven't seen it, but I'll put it on my list.

Trips of truth. Personally, it's my favourite. Nausicaa second.

ALL Miyazaki films are overrated garbage

It's always some wild goose chase that never leads anywhere or pays off with forgettable characters that don't accomplish anything.

Ask anyone to describe a Miyazaki film without sounding like a complete idiot without saying some type of bullshit about the visuals being great or "you just have to watch it." It's always bullshit.

na

Future boy conan and laputa are very similar. Conan is almost proto-laputa

Everything about the first part was amazing.

If the movie had been about Sophie discovering everything behind Howl and interacting with weird creatures and shit it would have been great.

Towards the end it went downhill, mainly because it just went too fast.

you just have to watch it.

what is Sup Forums's opinion on this film?

I thought the flashback parts were great, but the present stuff kinda dragged on specially when the MC talked with the awkward farmer guy.

(also, WTF at her expression mark)

>not being able to get into the most bergman-like film ever released in animation

i have bad news for you buddy you may be a p...

you're a piece of work

I WILL FUCKING CUT YOU

But that is a very traditional value in japan now... that's something culturally unique there. Almost all of his movies are very cultural to japan, but still have global appeal.

It's only the most patrician of his movies

It was the first Miyazaki movie I saw and I thought it was a huge milestone, but after seeing Hols, Future Boy Conan and Nausicaa I had to re-value it as a victory lap.