Why do players on different teams have a friendly chat when a baserunner reaches first base...

Why do players on different teams have a friendly chat when a baserunner reaches first base? Sports are supposed to be competitive war on the field, not "hey how are the kids?" chat.

They joke around about how they're paid so much to play the most boring sport there is

it's called sportsmanship. also you have to be 18 to post here.

Im pretty sure its more like

>nice hit dude
>yeah that pitch was pretty flat/nasty, i got lucky desu lol, etc

Players move around so much that "muh competition" is just pushed by the teams for marketing purposes with the exception of a few instances of pure hatred between players

I guess Red Wings versus Avalanche is a good bloody rivalry

Sportsmanship is saved for after the battle

Baseball is so boring that the players get bored and talk to each other.

confirmed for never having played a sport.

I like baseball but this is true. You even got guys literally falling asleep because it's so dull.

when did that happen?

Baseball doesn't really have the 1v1s that other sports have, so you don't really need to tilt other players like you would in soccer or basketball. Outside of pitcher/batter duels (which do often lead to fights), it's rare for a first baseman to outplay a batter.

>an autist doesnt understand human interaction

Shocking

Life's too short to be a cunt all the time. Most players these days end up playing for a bunch of different teams and know a lot of these players personally. I don't see how talking to somebody means you're not trying or being competitive

I played football at a DI school kid, don't ever project your sport inadequacies on me.

this only happens at first base because you put the nicest guy on your team there to make the other team feel more comfortable and let their guard down. once they get to second it all changes.

Kek, no you didn't

so you played the meathead sport where you pretend that you're army men going to war. i can see why you don't understand the intricacies of a patrician sport like baseball.

You wish I didn't.

Are you sporting a fedora or trilby right now?

What school did you play for? What year?

i'm sporting your mom's lips wrapped around my BWC what are you gonna do about it?

Memphis, 2008

You'd never say that to me in person, so I'm not worried about it