ITT:POST YOUR PERSONAL 10/10 AND OTHER ANONS APPROVE OR DENY

ITT:POST YOUR PERSONAL 10/10 AND OTHER ANONS APPROVE OR DENY

pic very related

9-/10 forsure. I ca see how it's a 10 though. Fantastic lyrical themes, great production, advanced concepts, and 7-10 minute Bangers. It's definetely kick ass

This one for sure, others off the top of my head are:

Joanna Newsom - Ys
Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz
Eskimeaux - O.K.
Ryo Fukui - Scenery
Errol Garner - Concert by the Sea
Nujabes - Metaphorical Music
Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid m.A.A.d. City
Kanye West - The College Dropout & MBDTF
Frank Ocean - Blonde
Franz Ferdinand - s/t
Death Grips - The Money Store
Animal Collective - Sung Tongs

I don't know if those are too many 10/10s for one person to have but I don't think there are too many objectionable inclusions here except for O.K. and Blonde just due to recency

My theory is when you have that high of scores, it means you are finding more within the music to love, probably feelings that other people are too numb to feel.

Rating music is overrated anyways because their is no objectivity within music, but it's definitely a fun activity to do

That's an interesting take. I agree with you, I don't keep like a spreadsheet or anything of albums I rank, those were just taken from my library and are albums I'd consider for every single song to be fantastic or at the very least 1 or 2 kind-of duds. They all though, have a few songs that I can point to as being peaks of what their genres are capable of.

No.
No.
Literally not one you Sup Forumstant, pitchfork worshiping fuck.
Yes.
Kinda.

bump

Rattled?

I really liked Mural but everything else I cant really get into

that album was fire, but id strain to call it 10/10

Denied

Only the Joanna ones

Sure

Approved hard

Druqks is shit, and World of Echo is decent at best.

Yet you h8 on Twigs and Joanna??
What a massive pleb

Good taste that's also one of my favorite albums. Do you have a RYM?

xD

Holding off until Sonemic is launched until I start rating. Have you posted an album ITT?

Yes I posted Drukqs.

I'd probably also say I'll Sleep When You're Dead and Boy In Da Corner
GKMC and MBDTF are fucking amazing. Easily some of my favourites, not sure if I'd put them as 10/10 myself, haven't listened to them in a while, but good bloody choices

this is the only one yet which can be considered a 10

approve
disapprove

Would consider it 8/10, but i can see why some people would consider it 10/10

im baffled you would disapprove with Jungle but at now i am intrigued and will listen to the 2 albums u approved of
also pic related

I hyped these at one point so I can dig these answers.
Yep.
Was so into this 9/10 for weeks, especially the batshit crazy song. Saw him live right before release and it was lit af.

trips confirm

shit flavor

Might have to reevaluate that one sometime. Do you hold any non-Aphex IDM records in high regard?

Meme me to the ground

I don't really favor the label "IDM" as Richard himself doesn't even like the term, but some of my favorite electronic albums in general (besides Aphex & his various aliases) include:
Gas - Pop
Coil - Musick To Play in The Dark Vol. I
Ruth White - Seven Trumps From The Tarot Cards & Pinions
Graeme Revell - The Insect Musicians
Asianova - Falling... Into the Sky
Basic Channel - BCD
Brian Eno - Ambient 4: On Land
Chris & Cosey - Trance
Squarepusher - Go Plastic

& of course there are other things, but I don't want the list being too long. I also enjoy many industrial albums.

>between amateurs of grand masters of iambic pentameter
>not even in iambic pentameter
>below amateur

I genuinely think this is the best pop-rap record ever made but It's not a 10/10.

>don't like the title track
>don't like the Minaj feature
>the final 1/5 isn't as impressive