Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eP31lluUDWU?t=25s
youtu.be/sxXs0Yy5-0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=NHE4hmh0pkA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

Yes

Maybe

Upgrade if you're a normie retard. Windows 7 masterrace.

nigger

dont upgrade its illuminadi

True. I'm not trying to be elitist though. I would just recommend downgrading.

No, install Gentoo

Screenshoted

upgrading to w10 is like getting an additional chromosome - people who did that willingly (because newer is better, etc.) should be considered autistic
and "facts" like "w10 has 40% of windows share on the market, hurr durr" is shit, because it was pushed to pc's against the will of users and installed on its own, plus people didn't know they could've reverted, and even if they did at some point, it was past 30-day get-back period

w10 is spying, ad-filled, piece of shit, M$ is trying to push down your throat by marketing it as "free" - nothing is free, sometimes the fee you pay isn't visible

if you're a gamer, yes

Haven't yet met a vocal Windows 7 advocate who wasn't a normie retard. And they all are like those Windows 2000 retards when XP came out.

autist detected

You must have a lot of spare time to screenshot shit that isn't even worth screenshotting. Better tell me to upgrade or not

Upgrade then roll back if you don't like it you incompetent faggot

>upgrading to w10 is like getting an additional chromosome

No.

Summerfag

I actually quite liked it. The layout is pretty easy to use, it works quickly, and looks nice.
What's not to like, other than mainstream hate-on-the-new culture that seems to have sprouted in the last few years.
>tfw being a hipster isn't even original anymore.

I still use WindowsXp tbh so no don't upgrade

>security updates for win7 till 01/2020
dont be stupid

XP was a paid upgrade, meaning Microsoft thought it added value to the user. Windows 10 is free, meaning it adds value to Microsoft at the expense of the user, and they need to lure you in. You're no longer the customer. You're the product.

See

If you plan on long-tern Windows use, then upgrade if you want, it will auto upgrade randomly on windows 7 unless you delete the programs that do it, and I sadly had a forced upgrade when I came back to my laptop. In time Microsoft will kill all of the other OSs, they already killed Xp; Vista is soon to go.

C U C K E D
U
C
K
E
D

I did a clean install of Windows 10 from Windows 7 a few weeks ago and I really like it. It had been about a year since my last format, so I thought I'd give 10 a shot. The layout is nice especially when you enable the "dark theme" buried in the registry. If you're worried about its privacy issues, most of them can be disabled using O&O's ShutUp10.

I only did it because I had windows 8

I dont feel like using any other OS, and I dont feel like spending almost a 100$ when Win7 dies; so there was really no choice on my faggy part.

5 Rupees for you Rajesh

>windows xp is windows 2000 with a colored ui
>thinks people who liked it better/saw no reason to upgrade to xp were retarded.
ok then.

No, it's not worth it. Stop making these threads. Windows 10 is a terrible remake of 7.

this

it will probably seem worth it when they stop supporting any operating system that isnt windows 10, unfortunately.

The only reason Win10 upgrade is worth it, is because it will be the only Windows OS alive.

Switch to Linux, or whatever other good systems there are if you want no part of Win10.

That will still take 4 years or even 8 if you use W8.1.

Until then, we'll have most games running on Linux because of Steam and Vulkan so there won't be any reason to use Windows anymore.

Thinking about how an OS should do what you want, even if you want to speed it up deleting system32 and it knows better what's good for ya and what's not. Look at the videos:

youtu.be/eP31lluUDWU?t=25s
youtu.be/sxXs0Yy5-0Y

Image related - START EATING SHIT because a billion flies cannot be wrong!

Do you value your privacy?
Yes.
-don't upgrade
No.
-upgrade

that won't happen any time soon. Windows XP is still supported by a lot of programs, for example. By that time someone will already make a non-spybot version of windows 10, or linux systems will start targeting normies more.

WIN10 IS BETTER PERIOD. REMEMBER YOUR ON 4 CHAN WERE ALL FAGGITS

Pretty easy:
7 = stay on 7
8, 8.1 go for 10
Also if you upgrade to 10 get some programms like kill win 10 spy, it shuts down most of the spying by deinstalling alot of shit and stopping stuff at your firewall by writing some outgoing lines
Aswell as deactivating automatic updates

Tbh, i think every OS spys on you in some way in win 10 its just so fucking obvious.

Whoops ment:
Destroy win 10 spying

I remember being at walmart some weeks ago, the systems were dead; they were using Xp, and everything was saying "unsupported systems".

Spot on, unfortunately

8 has 8 years to live. Why would someone go for 10 when he has 8?
That's retarded.
At this point I wouldn't mind the UI being shit as long as I'm getting 4 more years compared to 7.

Pretty much this

And if you really wanna upgrade

Lots of people are getting this because 10 is force installing itself on 32 bit computers, essentially bricking them in the process.

Windows 7 will probably be supported just as long as 8, there's no reason to switch from any of them to 10.

Yes, if you have windows 8 now. Takes a while to get used to, disable cortana search assistant and change the automatic search engine to google.

no more windows media center :(

Fr9m someone who actually works in IT security just wait. Like any new windows OS you want all of the bugs and security holes to be patched before you switch. Yes the botnet is real, yes you can manually turn the "features" off, but for the same reason you don't want to go online on 7 (and God forbid xp, which is horrendous for security now) until you have updated everything, win10 is still new and has security holes that need to be patched.

If you're a gaymer but still care about security, dual-boot. Use a Linux distro for everything but gaming and use Windows for gaming. I dual boot win10 and arch.

The day windows 10 came out, I bought a mac. Former life-long windows user. Literally. My first computer ran windows 3.11. So that's about 25 years of frustration with Microsoft for shit like Windows 98, Vista, 8. What pissed me off the most is how they could take a stable operating system and fuck up the next iteration so badly, then make you pay to upgrade to it. WHAT THE FUCK? Windows 95. Great. 98 was like they undid everything great about it. Windows 2000. Great. Vista was like they reinvented the wheel by making it square then presenting it to everyone like a polished turd. Windows 7. Great. Then they decided 8 didnt need a start button bc nobody uses it, so they made it go away but didn't provide a way to access what was in the start menu without a touch screen computer. Nice. Thanks Microsoft. That's awesome. But wait, let's bring the start menu back all of a sudden in 8.1! OK. That'll be $50. So when faced with the decision to either keep my 6 year old Vaio which ran 3 previous windows versions, had the ram upgraded to 8 gig, and an SSD to replace the spinner, only to find out that it would run slower with 10 on it, get a mac and say to hell with it and never be charged for an upgrade and have a laptop that will last a decade or more, or spend the equivalent 2 grand on a comparable windows machine with 10 on it. The choice was easy. Took me a couple of hours to figure out how to use it.

>hating on the people who hate on new things and thinking he is one tier above them thus thinking he looks cool
You're a fucking retard if you actually believe that, we hate windows 10 because it is horrible and offers no benefits

windows 10 is like aids

no one wants it, we would kill everyone who has it just to get rid of it but it still there hanging around fags and niggers.

i'm drunk

what is so horrible about it? tell me without using the words privacy concerns.

derp?

OK

Would make sense if it was gentoo, arch is fucking easy. If you are a total idiot then install manjaro

>still peddling Linux like it's a real os

The only thing that sucks on Linux now is gaming. This isn't the 90s anymore, you can do everything you do on windows/Mac on linux.

>dual boot with windows 10
they can still access the other OS's data, so privacy is still an issue.

Really? I honestly doubt that

everything horrible about it IS privacy related. they get any of your information on it and there's no way to stop them. It's not an actual desktop OS anymore it's a cloud OS with no benefits over windows 7/8. Literally none.

I got 99 updates and a Win10 aint one

still on Windows 7 here too, don't want to upgrade to 10 but what's going to happen to 7 when they abandon it?

>an OS cannot access data on the same drive it exists
unless you encrypt your other partition they can definitely access it. I don't think they do that right now, but in the future they'll probably just say "hey, we see many of you dual boot, we'll try to collect data from your other OS to get to know you better". So the only options are either a virtual machine or a separate hard drive/ssd for the windows 10, which doesn't seem that bad.

is this true? if so I'm not switching

Linux will be able to run steam games by then, so you can just hop over to Linux.

this. vine has had some improvements lately, and with the adaption of Vulkan gaming won't be an issue. You can still use a linux distro as your personal OS while booting windows 10 when you want to game.

I forgot xp somewhere between 2000 and Vista. It sucked too. But not nearly as bad as Vista. Using a mac is like driving a Toyota prius. Sure, everyone is laughing and calling me a faggot. But at the end of the day, I'm saving money. The Mac just works. It takes 30 minutes to set up a WiFi printer on a Windows machine. You have to find the driver bc most don't include CDs in the box anymore. So you go on their website, then you have to figure out whether you're running x86 architecture or 64-bit, then download it, the run the wizard, then sit there while it tells you "network not found" until you get fed up and call some Indian lady named Dorothy to help you. You wanna know the process for connecting that same printer, then a couple of years old? Go to preferences. Printers. Pull up list of devices detected on WiFi. Click the only one on the list, my Canon printer. Done. I'm not a tinkerer and I don't work for IT. Which means I'm not a faggot and when I turn my computer on, I want it to compute without bothering me with dumb shit.

see:

They can still read a separate hard drive unless you unplug it every time you boot into Windows. If you're that paranoid, you should probably keep your computer in a Faraday cage and disconnected from all networks. An armed guard wouldn't hurt for physical security.

>Actually believes in a company that tricked people into uploads with the Exit Option.

>Actually believes in company that installs upgrades when people opted out of them.

Yeah, and when you're paying for a W10 upgrade next year because you're out of options, come back and tell us about it.

>It takes 30 minutes to set up a WiFi printer on a Windows machine.
This should cut it down to 30 seconds:
youtube.com/watch?v=NHE4hmh0pkA

just to quote a few problems unrelated to privacy:

>hides updates
>pushes half baked updates that kill your pc or cause an endless boot up loop
>safe mode is impossible to access unless you are booted into the running OS defeating its purpose
>terrible UI inconsistency
>games that dont work
>has full screen ads on the lock screen
>installs apps without your aproval
>its not actually faster or more secure
>will have no service packs meaning it will always be a work in progress making you an eternal beta tester

The list goes on, if you had actually researched this you would have known dipshit

This is my fucking favorite OS now.
Old WIndows:
>Windows 95 sucked, I cant wait for 98
>98 is terrible XP is going to be the best
>XP really sucked but 7 is going to be so much better
New Windows:
>Windows 10 sucked but I can't wait for Windows 10. It will be so much better.
Fucking Windows nitwits judging the OS by it's future promises rather than it's litany of past and current flaws that have been pretty much the same since the fucking 90's.
For fucks sake, Shut up about Windows. It was shit when it came out, and it's shit today, and it will be shit tomorrow.
>read the ms dev rant that explains why windows will -never- be any good.

I jumped from Win XP to Win 10. It was bad decision.

it's true. windows XP still received security updates after microsoft declared they stopped the support, XP actually still receives security updates and will continue to until 2019.
but programs will no longer probably target windows 7, so running anything on it will require a slightly stronger PC since programs will be optimized for windows 10.

Dx12 m8

>what is vulkan
well meme'd m8

Try to install a fresh 7. See how many days it takes to get updates. 7/8/8.1 are relagated to the back of the bus. Sure they publish updates, but slowly distribute them.

Fuck it i'll expand on it further

>different fonts faces and sizes all round
>has huge mandatory system and app updates which is terrible if you have a metered internet connection
>resets your default applications to built in microsofts ones after major updates
>updates are mandatory as well
>missing drivers and shitty ones causing a clusterfuck of frustration
> "you grant to microsoft a worldwide and royalty free intellectual property license to use your content"

And i didnt even mention it is spyware

Put a Fist in your Anus

Take out your phone replace fist with Phone

WINDOWS 10

>you grant to microsoft a worldwide and royalty free intellectual property license to use your content
haha, so your one of those tinfoil hat losers who try and bend the truth. Here is the full statment.

> To the extent necessary to provide the Services to you and others, to protect you and the Services, and to improve Microsoft products and services, you grant to Microsoft a worldwide and royalty-free intellectual property licence to use Your Content, for example, to make copies of, retain, transmit, reformat, display, and distribute via communication tools Your Content on the Services. If you publish Your Content in areas of the Service where it is available broadly online without restrictions, Your Content may appear in demonstrations or materials that promote the Service. Some of the Services are supported by advertising. Controls for how Microsoft personalises advertising are available on the Security & privacy page of the Microsoft account management website. We do not use what you say in e-mail, chat, video calls or voice mail, or your documents, photos or other personal files to target advertising to you. Our advertising policies are covered in detail in the Privacy Statements.

don't do it. I had it forced on me, it sucks

Fine just scratch that then, but dont just ignore everything i said because of this one thing man, windows 10 is not a good OS right now, just give it a while before they fix all their shit

Everything is Spyware you fuckin idiot. That phone in your pocket, all those gay ass apps you use, fb, twitter, fucking Pokemon go, all track your exact position and transmit data about you and what you're doing. Ever have fb pull up the pictures you last saved from Sup Forums asking if you want to post them in your feed while trying to find a link to show your gf? Spyware he says. OK Mel.

>Try changing the Theme settings on Windows 10
>try installing older applications windows 10
>determines UNSAFE CUNT RUN IT.

FUCK WINDOWS 10

Have fun with the nsa backdoor in windows 10

Calm down there bud, why are you getting all aggressive? Either way none of these things are such a blatant fit to the definition of spyware such as windows 10

I use separate ssd for win 10 and arch, though both share a hdd for data

>mfw apple doesn't give the NSA, FBI, or any government agency backdoors or permission to break encryption on their devices

If you have 7 or older, NO
If you have any version of 8, YES

Yes, upgrade to linux

>Try Vindows 10

>Windows update is stupid metro bullshit, can't selectively install updates, Control panel Windows update is kill.
>NSA tier spying bullshit.
>Taskbar is laggy, no way to speed up animations, right clicking on things literally takes 2-3x longer than in Windows 7, 8, 8.1
>New windows look stupid, x button looks like shit.

yeah man just install steam os while youre at it

oh wait everything is shit drivers and performance for any modern fps online shooter like OW/TF2/CSGO

I mean I am sure there is something out there that might run a bit better than windows but I don't think it's accessible to anyone that doesn't want to jump through hoops and land on a platform that is held up by rotting toothpicks

also if you're worried about telemetry stuff just search for and install spyboy anti-beacon stuff (But hey do you use android? ios? Oh god you fucking idiot this has been going on for years.. microsoft just vaguely discloses it to you with some options to disable it.)

anyway gl hf

pc master racer etc

Sup Forums