I've got a question for you Sup Forums: is infinity a man made concept?

I've got a question for you Sup Forums: is infinity a man made concept?

Infinity is a real. No matter how many times you post this thread you will always be a faggot. Proof infinity is real and not a man made concept.

i lol'd

>is infinity a man made concept
yea

name some infities in nature

>knows it's a concept
>can't figure out if it's man made
ok buddy

Space, there is an infinite amount of space as the universe expands outwards, qed that there is an infinite in the universe

we observe space via light aka photons.
these travel at a finite speed.
how do you know space is infinite?

All concepts are just phenomena (real or theoretical) recognised by man. Infinity is a theoretical phenomena and has always existed as such, it is just recognised by man to be what it is.

Yes it is. Aristotle had this covered a couple of millennia ago. Now he only comes here for the rekt threads ...

No, it's a dead chan

Tale a stick, split it in half, you can do this infinitely, the line will never cease to exist.

^the stick will never cease to exist

Just don't split the atoms... Nagasaki found out the hard way what happens when you do that

B...but you can split the atoms user-kun

infinities show up in multiple places physics, though mostly as integral bounds
you also get things like regularization, but one might argue if that's """"actual""" infinities

actually, most modern theories believe space to be finite

sorry, both don't work out.

stick: can't split elementary particles

integral bounds and fields rely on maths which are man made

How do you know you can't split elementary particles?

"infinite" is only a synonym to something we can't understand / explain

>integral bounds and fields rely on maths which are man made
fair enough
but you could also argue that infinity is also man made

another thing to note is that if space is fundamentally nondiscrete then it is locally homeomorphic to euclidean space, which is uncountably infinite

this amounts to saying that between any two points, you can't enumerate all of the points between them

>implying space is continuous
it's like you don't even research loop quantum gravity for a living

of course infinity is real. without infinity there is no relativity and without that you would literally fall apart

Well, space must be infinite in one way or another . What would come after space? I'm sure there's a wall at the end.