New York

>New York
>gubmen gonna launch a literal nuke to stop the aliens
>Iron Man takes nuke out of the planet and the Avengers deal with the aliens, causing much less collateral damage than a fucking nuke

>Lagos
>Rumlow is lifted in the air and blows up nearby building, killing like 11 people instead of the dozens that would've been killed on the ground, including a superpowered dude who has repeatedly saved the world

>Washington D.C.
>Evil Nazi stand-ins have hijacked the strongest military weapons on Earth and will use it to take over the world unless the helicarriers are destroyed

>Sokovia
>Ultron is LITERALLY going to end the fucking world
>the ENTIRE world
>goal is to wipe out humanity completely
>all these 3rd world shits worried about muh kids and muh collateral damage

Steve did NOTHING wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=084irEAQrLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=p86BPM1GV8M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This was my thoughts throughout that briefing when they're told about the accords.

Kind of lazy writing I think.

Still loved the movie tho

The Accords were useless. What were they going to do if Thor told them to fuck off?

A FUCKING NUKE IN NEW YORK

LEMME SAY

THAT'S THE SIGN WE'VE GONE PAST POST-9/11

The entire premise of the movie is based on the adolescent motivations and worldview of Steve and a guilt trip triggered by a dindu for Tony.
Rooting for either one is idiotic.

Ultron was Tony's fault jn the first place. But yeah agree with everything else. Like they said lazy fuckin writing

Lock him into a cage. I can imagine Ross had prepared special cages for him and Banner.

Hell signing the accords would probably mean the Avengers would be forced to go after Banner and deliever him to Ross.

>Adolescent motivations and worldview of Steve

>the government has proved time and time again they are not to be trusted
>I will not give them power over me and I will fight for what I believe in
>"LMFAO WHAT A LITTLE KID"

user pls

There is nothing specific about Tony being a superhero that was specific to his creating Ultron. Any rich asshole could have done the same thing. If the government thought Tony responsible they'd just have arrested him.

"you're killing too many people. Sign this contract that means that a group of bureaucrats may take a vote before you go out and kill people. Also we can't really stop you if you decide to go against the vote, but pls don't."

Actually agreed.

The real victor was Zemo.

And T'challa, who realized the whole thing was BS

>Thor
>Mjolnir
>magical hammer with tremendous impact power capable of controlling lightning that responds to Thor's call LITERALLY from another plane of reality
>cage
U fooking wot

Should have specified i meant they would try

This movie, to my mind, was really about the useless anger people have when something tragic happens. It's the thread throughout the movie.

World's mad about Lagos, they blame Scarlet Witch because the guy responsible killed himself.

Zemo/The World is mad about Sokovia, they blame the Avengers.

Tony is mad about his parents, he blames Bucky even though HYDRA is to blame.

They run on senseless emotion.

>Whatever Captain America decides is best should override whatever the elected representatives of the people of Earth decide

wew lad

Aren't the Avengers supposed to be an emergency task force? By the time they finish the vote it'll have been too late.

Correct. Anyone siding with Tony on this one is a delusional hugbox faggot.

>things that never happened

/thread

That is Steve's position in this movie

I watched that shit yesterday. As expected, it was full of quips, shitty dialogue and pretty cool battles, the best was Bucky v T'Challa sequence. But that fucking conflict, guys. ANY FUCKING QUIP COMICS LIKE "Cap says "Coca-Cola" - Tony says "Pepsy" - CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR" provide better fuel for conflict compared to what we were given. Like seriously,
>guys you saved our world from aliens, bloodthirsty AI, alien snow elf and whatnot, but you caused some collateral damage so you are actually bad guys pls sign that thing that makes you a tool in world government's hands
I still cannot get whether it is a most accurate satire on our reality where heroes are diminished to murderers and government goes "full control" or it is a shittiest plot ever concieved by living man. Even BvS has better written conflict, and that say quite a lot

>Not understanding that a core American value is rebelling against an unjust government

t. statist authoritarian

Yup. Of course, then it will be their fault for not helping in time and they'll be locked up for not doing their duties.

Or there will be another situation where they have to opt for the least amount of damage and they'll be locked in cages 'cause 10 people died instead of 100. Like Scarlet Witch, which is the moment Steve says fuck this.

If you were a superhero and support Tony, you're a fucking idiot.

fuck that I'm so buttblasted I actually googled some comics

No, it isn't.

The "unjust" isn't a factor in this discussion, at no point does Steve say the UN is a corrupt organization

No. Steve's position is when someone needs to act immediately to save the world, being tied up in beauracratic nonsense is not going to help anyone and will ultimately lead to more problems if those beauracrats are corrupt or incompetent, which the Government in MCU has been proven to be many times over.

It's not just "I DO AS I PLEASE IM CAPTAIN AMERICA FAGETS," its "The government is inept and if people are in danger and need to be saved I'm saving them because it's the right thing to do, regardless of whether or not I have the authority to do so."

What a bullshit strawman that is

You really think someone's going to drag their feet while debating whether to defend Earth from an Alien invasion?

The initial scene of the avengers fighting in an African nation, makes them into a rogue paramilitary organization with no oversight

At a minimum, UN approval would at least give them the legitimate right to operate in foreign countries

>Steve: Hey this dude is going to steal biological weapons of mass destruction, you mind letting us stop him
>UN: Nah, let crossbones steal that anthrax or whatever, it'll be fine.

Way to ignore the entire second half of my first point. Governments are easily corrupted.

UN does jack shit anyway. Just takes one glance of Saudi Arabia to know that.

Except by the time the "yeah, go ahead" gets back, he'd already have the weapons.

cap never implied that

The fact that he's going against the accords shows that he believes it's unjust, retard

When it looked like Zemo was going to unleash five Winter Soldiers on the world the UN did Jack shit.

Yes, no government sanctioned agency has ever done horrible shit and the UN has always acted when people are suffering and in need of aid.

Bullshit, under the timeline the movie sets they had been tracking crossbones for months if not years (assuming the movies are released in real time) way more than enough time for the UN to approve the operation

that's exactly what "fuck the UN" implies

>strawman
You're the one to talk faggot.

And yet they waited until he was actually at the facility to get the weapons to stop him? Nope.

See also, in the very film, the UN not stopping Zemo--not that they could've--from presumably attempting to unleash the Soldiers.

The mental gymnastics you guys do to try to defend Stark must be exhausting.

>UN does jack shit anyway
i probably would have enjoyed this movie a lot more if i didn't keep thinking about this the whole time
youtube.com/watch?v=084irEAQrLQ

>elected representatives of the people
>UN

There can be only one.

The UN was unaware about the Soldiers so that's irrelevant fucko

>BvS had a better conflict
DCcucks still salty lol

>huge threat to the world
>UN isn't aware of it
>it's the event that's irrelevant, not the UN

LOL

The only people who were aware of the soldiers were Steve, Bucky and eventually Tony.

Obviously had they signed the accords they could have notified the UN about the soldiers

And by the time they did that, he'd have awakened them, not to mention the fact they were still targeting Barnes.

Everything Steve was doubtful about actually happens in the film. Ross and Co. are shown to be corrupt and vengeful. The red tape hampers responses.

And honestly, you're blaming Cap for not signing when the reason he ultimately doesn't is Tony has already locked up Wanda for what happened in Lagos. Why would anyone trust these people? There's a reason most every jumps ship in the comic storyline. Even in the film, BW ultimately comes to see Steve's side after the airport.

/threaderino

I fuckin' love those comics

>Be me 29 year old manchild living with my parents
>Dad and mom arguing about big people issues
>Over hear "We can't keep supporting him he is never going to leave"
>Come up in my little pony blanket
>Start screaming in a really high pitched tone for someone to take me to see civil war
>Parents tired of me screaming
>succumb to my behavior
>Mom driving me there, Dad Stayed home
>See movie
>OMG SO EPIC LOL MOM DID YOU LIKE IT?
>Mom crying on the way back home
>Dad in kitchen with his brains sprayed all over the ceiling
>Mom breaks down in tears
>Hug mom and whisper "Just the 2 of us now mommy :^)"
>Go back to my basement and wait for another hero movie

>what if they send us somewhere we shouldn't be
>what if we need to be somewhere and they won't let us

Liberals are doing a great job of keeping the invincible white man locked in a cage. The analogy holds.

>Tony creates ultron
>He can't trust himself anymore
>Instead of just turning himself in or retiring, he projects his own self-doubt onto the other members of the Avengers

>Bucky does horrible shit because he can be brainwashed
>he can't trust himself
>so he does the logical thing and requests to be frozen again until they find a way to fix him

Literally poetry

I heard even in the comics you arent supposed to agree with Iron Man. Could they really not think of an issue that would make sense to have multiple sides on?

Even Black Widow seemed like she just played along with Tony so he didn't feel alone, and of course that black dude is gonna side with the guy who literally made him a superhero

So you're totally on board with that Anita cunt at muh UN.

>big people issues
>mattering

youtube.com/watch?v=p86BPM1GV8M

Even Black Panther jumps ship in the comics. In the movie, he pulls back after he finds out Zemo is the one who killed his father.

This made the movie sad.

I didn't think of it this way, thanks user

Ross is equally useless.

Why didn't Stark point out the hypocrisy of Ross saying he'd get in the shit if he misplaced a few nukes when his tactics to deal with the Hulk was: shoot him, shoot him some more, shoot at the people he cares about, shoot at him with APCs, shoot at him with more people and APCs and finally, shoot him out of a helicopter where he broke Harlem.

Fuck Ross.