Should there be more WEIGHT diversity in Hollywood? People get caught up on race...

Should there be more WEIGHT diversity in Hollywood? People get caught up on race, but what about other forms of variance from the usual norms of "leading men"? Will we ever see an obese James Bond, for example?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tKQdMnI2WhU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fat people are disgusting and ruin everything they touch.

See Poor Blob Mall Slob and that fat bitch that falls over from Bridesmaids for evidence.

Unfortunately, that fat bitch from Bridesmaids is a smash hit in America.

It's only wrong to judge something a person has no control over.

I can deal with dindus and women

But don't even joke about fatties

Tammy flopped oretty hard though.
Ghostbusters might very well do the same.

There is hope

She WAS popular after Bridesmaids.

But not so anymore

Those are all comedies, though. I'm talking about a straight-up action film where the star simply happens to be obese. It's not used as a comedic device, not played for laughs, etc.

I got it covered.

one step at a time.

2043 will be the year a furry james bond makes out with a 350lbs trans-man on the big screen.

>that feel when you have a Fat Fetish and so few movies cater to it.

Don't judge me. At least fatties are legal. Bunch of pedos.

Leaked pic from next bond

It just isn't practical. A character like James Bond needs to be fit. How is he supposed to chase a bad guy on foot or seduce a hot female agent if he is 350lbs with type 2 diabetes?

I guess there could be a story written where the protagonist could be slightly overweight, but real fatties just wouldn't make sense

Women love fat men, just look at steven seagal

Fat people are gross caricatures of human life.

manlet detected

Who is John Goodman?

a fat man

no
because obesity is not healthy, despite whatever bullshit tumblr spews, the same people advocating for HAES will be hospitalized because of a diabetic coma and their blood pressure through the roof

I was thinking the same thing about ugliness in general. In all seriousness, it sometimes is distracting when the leads and side characters are all hollywood attractive. If the average person is a 5/10, does it make sense that the acting spectrum is focused on 8-10/10s?

Only if you're a very excellent actor can you get by with being ugly, and even then it'll be a long time coming before you get decent roles.

Think about the number of generic beautiful actors and actresses that achieve fame early in life. For me, ugly actors are the only actors. Even given perceived flaws they maintain our attention with sheer willpower and charisma. The uglier they are, the closer to human.

Compare a 15th century Florentine bust to classical sculpture and you'll see what I mean. What the Greeks offer is merely the ideal and the beautiful, but in Renaissance Florence, one sees a personality, an individual, a man of spirit.

It is time entertainment media embraced not identity politics, but humanism. The former offers stale representational archetypes, the later the complexity of man.

he is normal by amerifat standards. maybe even below average.

I never judge anyone by their height or the color of their skin because that's something that can't be changed and it says nothing about you as a person. However, fat people disgust me and I hate them because they're lazy fucks. And this site, this board, this very thread is filled with them

The name's Blart. Paul Blart

I'm a /fit/izen and sometimes Sup Forumstard, but I'm also a fan cinema, and sometimes I wanna see the world I live in reflected in my escapism just to make it more convincing/interesting. The fact that fat, ugly people exist results in me wanting to see them in movies. One that breaks the mold of only casting thin, beautiful people is a great little horror film called "The Boneyard". The main character is a 300 pound middle aged woman, and aside from one character making fun of her weight, this fact is completely irrelevant to the movie and her role in it. I found that really delightful.

Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=tKQdMnI2WhU

"2043 will be the year a furry james bond makes out with a 350lbs trans-man on the big screen."

I'd honestly be curious to see that lol.

Idiocracy had some good weight diversity.

Is that Jon Oliva? Damn, he's always been big but holy fuck. He should start a band with Russell Allen and Meat Loaf.

>tfw harassing and bullying fat people is the only acceptable form of discrimination today
knowing 99% of you will never get laid while my fat ass gets laid daily helps

John Goodman is legitimately one of the top actors in Hollywood though.

Not just a funnyman.

>55 years old
>As plump has he has ever been in his corpulent life

He'll be fine.

ok manlet

Good actors either gain weight or lose it in order to act a role.

Just being fat or ultra skinny will get you typecast.

Forcing fat people into physically demanding roles makes zero sense.