twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

life...uh....life finds a way

Official rankings

JP1 >>> JP2 > JW > JP3

Welcome to Flavortown

1>=JW

nice

dino....droppings droppings?

JW was the worst though? idk why but it literally felt like a direct to dvd movie instead of a big blockbuster.

this was just so awesome

youtube.com/watch?v=PJlmYh27MHg

and it says spielberg on it ,so you knew more would be forthcoming

this tbqh

I really hate that man

Patrician ranking

JP1 >> JP2 > JP3 >>>> JW

AH AH AH, YOU DIDNT SAY THE MAGIC WORD, AH AH AH

Dodgson! We got Dodgson, here! See nobody cares. Nice hat.

OP here, Honestly I thought Jurassic World was a very solid ode to the original. Not too trite, with the proper allusions. Also, absolutely loved Mosasaurus.

I agree.

Did anyone else love B.D. Wong becoming a "bad guy"?

Of course Newman was into vaporwave. Of fucking course he was.

Jurassic Park is without a doubt my number one movie for:

If it shows up while I'm flipping channels I will sit and watch the whole thing.

Wattttttttttt.

2 was abysmal. There's a reason why they never show it on TV.

Otherwise I agree.

BOASTIN:

youtube.com/watch?v=vTZCjCYsytM

1 was good, even with the annoying kids.

2 was good as far as retarded dinosaur action went, but it was pretty bad in general. I didn't see 3 or JW because I assumed they'd be terrible

For me:

1) GOAT
2) Mostly terrible
3) Watchable but not great
4) Watchable and at times great, but hampered by shit character development.

Welcome... To Dino Disco!

I love how the CGI and practical effects blend so well. The CGI holds up much better than even some movies that came out after it (i.e. the Matrix, some LOTR scenes, not that those are bad, JP is just better)

Nah, didn't need to be made.

D'Onofrio plays the most cliche "we gotta militarize this" villain ever.

The whole Pratt character was reminiscent of Sam Worthington's character in Avatar. Ex-soldier, a little disillusioned with the military, falls in love with nature and tries to stop some evil military plot. (another cliche)

The two brothers are extremely unlikable and the parent's divorce subplot was shoehorned and underdeveloped. Nothing like the chemistry of the original two siblings. For that matter, all the characters are pretty one dimensional.

Also, the idea that just because they killed the I-rex that suddenly everything is okay is such bullshit. You still have raptors, a T-rex, and many other dangerous dinosaurs loose on the island. Essentially you are still in the exact same predicament as JP1, but for some reason this T-rex understands that killing people is wrong, and only wanted to defeat the I-rex

TL;DR Jurassic World was shit, Jurassic Park was awesome

Oh God DNofrio's character was so so so bad.

I completely agree except JP2 and JW might should be switched. I'd have to rewatch both though.

It's actually the exact same rex from JP1. Her name is Rexxy. But this proves your point more.

I completely agree with your assessment of JW.

That scene where the younger brother starts crying was literally so awkward and cringeworthy I wanted to leave the theater.

So horribly written. The older brother was essentially just an asshole who wanted pooty tang but was forced to care about his whiny, nerdy younger brother when shit got crazy.

And that Jimmy Fallon thing in the glass hamster ball was retarded.

Despite the limited character depth Pratt had to work with, I still thought he was ok.

JW is pretty solid imo.
I'd personally rank it as the 2nd best
Though there are some parts that of it that bring it down.

JW was ok as a pure nostalgia/homage to JP1, but yeah, the lack of character development prevented it from being anything more than that.

And that awkward scene with the younger brother crying about his parents and then that plot point never being revisited. Fucking ever.

>I really hate that man

No clever grill gif and or quote yet.

Come on, senpai.