Military Thread

Military Thread.

In the process of enlisting, been physically preparing myself for the Army. I can do 71 solid pushups in 2 minutes. 51 situps in 2 minutes. 14:21 2-mile run. Is that a good base to start from?

You'll make it if you go sign up tomorrow. Not really a big deal.

I told you I'm already in the process.

You'll be fine. You'll out perform half your platoon I'd bet.

When you go, be invisible. Don't be the best, don't stand out. Just be another face in the sea of Privates.

Why's that?

>not OP

OP here, I'd presume so I am not targeted by the Drill Sergeants. Makes sense, but if you say I will outperform them, wouldn't that be making me stand out?

2 miles w/o gear in 14 mins?

Gear? I guess.. like in casual work-out cloths yes.

The nail that sticks out, gets hammered in.

If so, cut down that time to less than 10 and you're golden.

If that's what you can do, that isn't bad to start. Just run every day until you go. Believe me your life will be 100x easier.

Air force dep here. Got thr call from my recruiter for aug 9th open mechanical. Not set in stone tho. Fuckin pumped

Currently in the enlisting process for navy. Took ASVAB yesterday and got 95. Wanna go CTI, nuke is back up

It's average so you're good to go. Army's apft minimum pass is a joke, especially for bct/ait so you have nothing to worry about.

You'd be surprised how shit people do on the APFT after 3 years in. This is a great base but your situps are quite shit.

10 minute 2-mile? What the fuck? thats olympic shit.

I mean, your baseline is fine. You'll do okay if tomorrow you shipped. I hope you have to dig a fighting hole with a key now.

Shit man I'm skinny and Sit-ups have always been an issue because of my shitty back even after 2 years in the army so far. Sit ups are the fat mans favorite exercise.

In terms of your mile time, that's a bittt shaky, but its better than the majority, just try to hit under a 6 minute mile split

I was in for 6 years and my best 2 mile time was 11:47. I was 21 and in the best shape I have ever been in. 10 min. miles are fucking ridiculous.

Have you taken the dlab yet?

Difficult, not Olympic though. My 1.5 mile is 8 minutes now. It's just about stamina and a lot of willpower.

You should consider re-taking it if your GT is 95.

No not yet, I had to qualify for it on the ASVAB first. Gonna talk with my lazy fuck of a recruiter to get me scheduled for it.

can i be an air force pilot if i get lasik to fix eyes? heard they changed the criteria regarding that. not sure though

I had the same plan as you, CTI first then nuke as my backup. Nuke sucks, but if you can make it through its the best job in the navy

Why would I retake it if I got cat 1 scores? I didn't get the breakdown for all of it because my recruiter is a shmuck but I think when he told me I got 95 I got 95th percentile

You're a faggot piece of shit, go fail somewhere else.

TRUTH

Are you nuke now?

Ah ok that would make more sense. 95 for overall GT would not be anything special, but I see what you're saying.

32 year retired vet.
i wonder how the transgender / females in infantry... will affect the pt test. if you say that you identify as a chick, do you get to use the female scores?

Only dlab qualifies you for languages. Asvab doesn't mean shit

Don't disclose it

Your GT is 95?! That qualifies you to be a cook....good luck. If you love sucking shit through a tube, you'll be fine.

Yes

Your push ups are decent. Your crunches need work. Your run time can improve also. But youll have time for that when your in the DEP. Just try to PT everyday and do various body workouts to improve. Look up the MARSOC shortcard workout.

Make sure you practice your war face

Still in here. This is looking like a legitimate possibility in the army. Soldier 2020 is the new thing to accept all forms of gender bullshit.

This.

Yeah I know but I couldn't schedule DLAB until I took the ASVAB How'd you like balston spa

EKS DEEEEE.

user is right about the gt score, 110 is like a baseline to the good jobs

Navy guy here.

You're fine with those times.
Plus you dont want to do the BEST you can do on the first assessment, they expect progress.

Good luck soldier.

>pic attached is why the navy is one of the best branches.

lol you're fine. I got in barely running 1 mile in 8 minutes. Finished basic with max pt score. Honestly the first 3 pt tests don't mean shit, it's the last pt test that matters, and by that time you'll be fine as long as you take the downtime you have at the end of the day and on sundays to exercise on your own or with a battle.

With a key? Wtf is that shit? How did you fuck up that bad. Also, not op. Leaving September 26.

>...or with a batle...

You mean your fellow cuck.

82nd Airborne here, you're fine OP. Trust me even in Army's first responders we have fat fucks who can't PT for shit. All it takes until the system is changed is to bust tape and be flagged twice for a chapter to initiate and get that lazy ass out. Your run time is on par with the average Airborne runtime. Thats fine. Pushups are fine. You're situps are low but I guess that's the tradeoff for us skinny folk. I think a bit more work there and you will be get a physical fitness badge whilst in BCT/AIT. Not a bad thing at all. Just don't wear that damn thing.

Never went. Not every nuke goes there

check'd and can confirm.

JUST A REMINDER: ALL MILITARY ARE CUCKS.

>Enjoy having Tyrone fuck your girl while you're away fighting the rich man's war.

I am enlisted and you'll be completely fine. Honeslty PT standards aren't that enforced.

Consider yourself lucky haha I'm from that area and unless Charleston is a shithole you lucked out. Sub or carrier? Care to tell a bit about your average day underway?

DO NOT enlist. The military will rape you and set you out to die. DO NOT enlist.

who u with faggot 82nd here too

Pretty much, since you're barely allowed to do anything on your own in basic. Even worse is when you're picked to baby sit 2 other of your batte's rifles and you have a day at the field. Fuck me, right?
Pray, fucking pray, you don't go to jrtc as a supporting role. They have pizza hut a half mile from the barracks and if you usually stay in the barracks, you'll be guarding some 20 rifles. Fucking christ TRADOC sucks.

Sandhill 909, you fucking pussy.

>DO NOT enlist. The military will rape you and set you out to die. DO NOT enlist.
lol, faggot

>> not fucking a bunch of chicks.
>> having a girlfriend...

Why do people join the army?

I didn't fuck up that bad. And sadly I wasn't the genius that made the guy do it either. But damned if it wasn't glorious.

This wasn't boot, just general fuckery

Ahahahah

I love being Artillery.

>Enjoy Habib fucking your mom, nigger.

Also always wear your grenade badge tbh

lmfao ok bang bang we get it u do details all day
who in the 82nd u with and dont act hard, we all know airborne was a easy ass school, 42a here

>Spoken like a true civy virgin.

Ok, so that begs the question. How bad did he fuck up?

Atari is a good jub haha

Alright. You wanna make sure you're in shape? Get 80 pounds of weights. Put it in a backpack. Go hike 10 miles. Any other advice can fuck off.

I'm still in training lol, just school for a solid year and a half plus time in between. And charleston is a shitthole

Going Navy here.

42a, so you suck dicks all day?

You never have a girlfriend while you're in the army.
You never bring a chick to your barracks/house/apartment while in the military
You never fuck chicks around military towns
You never go back to the same bar you fucked a girl in, ever
You never get a shotgun wedding while in the military, fuck her and fuck the baby

You're only a cuck if you make yourself out to be.

+1 for truth.Expert grenade badges are marks of true fucking beasts

>Airborne
>Easy

Spotted the armchair soldier.

I hope you wind up like this you loser.

must be a private cause s1 runs your life kid lol

He lied about having a key that we needed. 30 minutes later he opens the fucking door. Another corporal decided to teach him the importance of being responsible with items, and how having the right item at the right time is helpful, and why what he did was wrong.

I mean or he did it just because it was fucking great. We were on pavement, so he asks what the fuck he's supposed to do about the concrete in his way. The Corporal points at a crack and says, "look, it's already started for you." It was only about 20 minutes, but it was a good 20 minutes.

How's power school

I'm thinking of joining the Army Rangers I'm 20 I'm 6 foot 200 pounds I can do 25 clapping push-ups in about 2 minutes maybe less run a mile in 7 minutes bench 270 and I'm a really good shot but never did the ROTC thing in highschool so I would being going in with 0 military training do I even stand a chance of making it

Nah, all of you redeck faggots talk like niggers and I don't listen to niggers. Try harder, high-speed.

Tyrone? You mean Jody, you civilian fuck.

AA is harder than airborne lol and the hardest part of AA was the 12 mile ruck march. That was only hard because I didn't prepare for it, and I got some short as fucking legs so I had to run half of it.

Shit, that's even worse faggot.

He meant Jamal, you welfare cuck.

I was fat as a kid, built amazing leg strength. Got skinny and still had the legs of Zeus. I shit on hikes, all day. Couldn't really run for shit though.

I could agree it's very easy.

AA is harder than airborne, Airborne is just more tedious because you need to keep your currency to keep your jump pay unlike AA where you just get a nifty badge and never do AA ops again.

If you haven't deployed or have done any missions that give you any recognition, you probably won't pass. I think Rangers and I know for a fact SF is peer review. We had a guy in my unit who failed only because he was down voted by the other students for having "no experience" even though he'd been in for 4 years, and he had no deployment. Also in Ranger school, prepare to eat no food ever.

Manlet detected. Why do you even try?

Hahahahaha

>Guess who the smarter ones are?

lmfao good one cant even name the bat ur with

user what you gonna do in the army?
infantry, PoG, aviation?

You can't even defend your manhood. Who wins, nigger?

Im a canadian version of a fister, are you the same or a gunline faggot?

no need to cause unlike you im a real paratrooper

aviation

Standards were 42 pushups, 52 situps, and 2 miles in 15:54 minutes, last PT test I took. That was before I got court marshaled.

asvab for dummies