Cash's cover of Hurt desu

youtube.com/watch?v=vyaBoXMb-bE

Originally by Opus III

>Original
youtube.com/watch?v=nYEi_JO0XgM

youtu.be/Jl6oJTB4TpA

(You)

Good b8 desu

People are going to sperg out about your choice OP, but it's true. The Reznor's vocals on the original aren't up to par with the song.

t. didn't listen to it

enjoy your dadrock.

RYM/cobaincore but still
youtube.com/watch?v=N7NTuCDygx8

Nice b8

youtube.com/watch?v=6ar2VHW1i2w

this is probably bait but this is actually way better than it has any right to be

Cash's cover became even more powerful because of the timing, being that he was on his way out. The original is great but there's nothing wrong with being surpassed by a legend like Johnny t b h

Urie does have amazing vocal range.

This is Sup Forums, Queen is regularly hated on m8. Panic at the Disco just sucks.

PatD doesn't even add anything new to the song.

Panic is a patrican band.

youtu.be/Vh6GSAO04dM

youtube.com/watch?v=CmwRQqJsegw

It isn't possible

sure it is

youtu.be/HP6Y4fUWZ4k

Cash blew out tons of artists with his superior covers

>Hurt
>If You Could Read My Mind
>God's Gonna Cut You Down
>I Won't Back Down
>Hung My Head
>One

to name just a few

>One
>instantly look it up
>It's a U2 cover, not Metallica
>mfw

i can't fathom how johnny cash's better than the original

Fuck all the normtards who can't seperate good from bad. This isn't bad at all - not creative in any way. But the singer nails it and the production isn't taken to absurd modernity.

It's sounds close to a "remaster" , and I kinda enjoyed this shit.

I like Reznor's version of Hurt better but Cash's benefits from it actually applying somewhat to his life more than to Reznor's and that he covered it shortly before he died. Cash's vocals on the cover are kind of monotonous and I like the music in Reznor's version more than the acoustic guitar in Cash's.

youtube.com/watch?v=-9nshkLLKQE

youtube.com/watch?v=wrbKvxGgFfg

congrats on not being a blind fanboy.

Yes

I really go back and forth on this one, on the one hand, I prefer old school industrial so I don't listen to Nine Inch Nails much but The Downward Spiral is a pretty good album and that song definitely holds up

But, Johnny Cash has more gems and though I don't really like much of his stuff after the 60's, that song is pretty great, but mostly when accompanied with the music video and the feels it brings

So, with video, the Johnny Cash version but just the song, the Nine Inch Nails version (which now makes me think of Rick and Morty)

youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

?Hüsker Dü - Eight Miles High
>The Index - Eight Miles High
>Fred Neil - Shake Sugaree (I go back and forth on this one)
>The Clash - Police on My Back (probably Brand New Cadillac but I've never actually heard the original)
>Big Star - Femme Fatale
>Bob Dylan - People Get Ready (and a bunch of others)

Conversely, all those more popular covers by This Mortal Coil are inferior to a significant degree, but I do respect them for drawing attention to those originals that people at the time didn't know existed...also, most Bob Dylan covers are nowhere near as good as the original even though so many artists used his songs to get on the charts, I might like Manfred Mann's Quinn the Eskimo better and maybe Ramblin' Jack Elliott's Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues but that's about it

Kys

That said, anyone who thinks the 1965 album version is better than the 1964 album version can join you

youtube.com/watch?v=co4qTPtx8uA

Peel would beg to differ

In another video after it airs he says it was fantastic. In any case I don't care what Peel thinks anyway. I'm not too much of a fan of the original version of the song.

The Beatles - Twist and Shout
The Marcels - Blue Moon
Marty Robbins - Cool Water
The Platters - Smoke Gets in Your Eyes
Aretha Franklin - I Say a Little Prayer
The Byrds - My Back Pages
The Animals - House of the Rising Sun
Baby Huey - California Dreamin'
Darlene Love - White Christmas
John Coltrane - My Favourite Things
Bill Evans - The Autumn Leaves
Candi Staton - He Called Me Baby
Quicksilver - Who Do You Love?

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=S71_vIMQ0YY

No

The power of Hurt resonates best once you listen The Downward Spiral from beginning to end. It's the final act of a concept album about a man who killed God and quickly comes to regret it.

Cash's cover is good,but it feels like a one off, and it's made worse by Johnny Cash fans who just have to show up on the original version and shitpost like a fucking leafposter.

As for cover > original

youtube.com/watch?v=4jV22UJND7g

>first reply is kys
thanks user I was hoping I wouldnt have to be the one to say it

>MisterWives - Same Drugs

fuck how did i miss this

Melvins - Graveyard
youtube.com/watch?v=ppLRUHb_tOc

Also NIN's Suck is superior to Pigface's

GWAR - Get Into My Car
youtube.com/watch?v=bMkA76KpWO8

youtube.com/watch?v=ZA8H_Mnfilw

Dead Moon - Can't Help Falling In Love
youtube.com/watch?v=RSkN_Gw7sLo

first thing that came to mind. this album is cute.

Fuck memey cash

Not even close to being as good as the original

Yeah it's a great cover

Even if you hate the Stereophonics/Oasis they nailed it, and a totally forgotten Beatles song choice too

youtube.com/watch?v=I3eQGBYEFhE

youtube.com/watch?v=ffv7dT2PVAw

this is true

Long and Winding Road

youtube.com/watch?v=3lea4tqMJXA&index=5&list=PLq7UMocXElHbB7ki2eVix2LdVwTmj5xwp

you first OP

I nominate Jeff Buckley's hallelujah

this desu
original Hurt is way better

Sonic Youth - Burning Spear
youtube.com/watch?v=qQQ-D7yrej8

cover by Thee Oh Sees
youtube.com/watch?v=DwEWBZBVgkE

>Bjork + Jared Leto
youtube.com/watch?v=pZIc50Vy4kM

Paul Simon said it is better than the original

youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

see

kys

All they did to it was dropped it down to a lower key and fixed a couple of places they went off the rhythm...but that's all it needed.

youtube.com/watch?v=P_tG3Ll4hLg

The lead vocalist's voice is absolutely fucking grating. I don't know what's up with that strained moaning shit but it just ruins any chance for this to be even half as good as the original.
Are fucking idiots.

God damn I knew it existed but I didnt know it would be this bad

youtube.com/watch?v=fasyYUPxCD4

you must be deaf

kill yourself

and like clockwork the fanboys arrive.

Urie's voice is incredible, my man.

>muh "passionate" grunting
Fuck off retard.

retards*

nice grammar, dipshit.

hola reddit!

Whiskey in the Jar by Metallica

I love Bowie more than I love Nirvana but the Kurt version of The Man Who Sold The World is better than the original.

QOTSA - Never Say Never

Spiderbait - Black Betty

youtube.com/watch?v=7KJjVMqNIgA

youtube.com/watch?v=5stsMAntb1w

youtube.com/watch?v=ObT9YhqEVvs

youtube.com/watch?v=Aya5fCwIsxY

youtube.com/watch?v=6Th0HT2i-T4

youtube.com/watch?v=QIKD36RMsO0

youtube.com/watch?v=wQ7yF0fzAMs

Nine Inch Nail's cover of Metal

youtube.com/watch?v=B-qPWh_jDLA

and then Reznor and Numan's live version.

youtube.com/watch?v=2fbVlVLu1m8

Peter Murphy, Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross and Jeordi White covering Iggy Pop's Night Clubbing.

youtube.com/watch?v=amMztp1y4i4

youtube.com/watch?v=cGYxT0GIPdI

you can't fuck johnny cash

youtube.com/watch?v=y11f8Oc25AI

Johnny Cash's is simplified for the masses which leaves out the meaning of the original for something much simpler. Original is much more unique and has much more of a punch, Johnny Cash's vocals aren't that great in Hurt, without music video this cover is not all that powerful, it's all about that goddamn amazing music video which people refuse to give proper credit for, if that music video wasn't there, this would not be as effective.

Tren't Hurt is a better song overall with much more diverse vocals and better instrumentals.

It's not a bad version, but the way normies have sticked to it is really pissing me off.

>Cash's benefits from it actually applying somewhat to his life more than to Reznor's

Seeing how Trent almost killed himself while making La Mer, I think this is pretty unfair towards Trent.

I never really liked Broken's covers.

Memorabilia is also an amazing cover ttho

youtube.com/watch?v=KG8Y1dF5zWU

The entire Downward Spiral album is literally a downward spiral into suicide. Hurt is the closing note of regret. No doubt it was sad Cash was sick and dying when he covered the song. But he was at he ending days of a long, fulfilled life. Trent's life was only just starting and already he was near collapse, and The Fragile, suicidal.

youtube.com/watch?v=rIsAazPVnFQ

>Johnny Cash's vocals aren't that great in Hurt,

I agree with the majority of your post, but c'mon

Fuck, that always gets me. I am genuinelly happy for Trent that he made it through, even though some tracks on Hesitation Marks points to that depression is still in there. He has medical depression so it's not going away I guess.

But goddamn, I am happy how he's doing and he didn't end up like Marilyn.

I don't know man, his voice doesn't have a power, it sounds like very monotous, meanwhile Trent's voice in Hurt goes to whispers to desperate cries of screaming and regret. To me personally Trent's performance appeals to me more.

I know that Cash's vocals have a different take on the song, from an old dying man, so this is a perfect way to showcase that. But I prefer "Hurt" to be a song about a depression, self loathing, drugs and regret.

>nobody knows my pain
god damn I hate whiny boys. I guaranfuckingtee that it was because he wanted a girlfriend.

DUDE FUCKING OFF YOUR SELF BITCH

Depression is a genuine thing that any one can suffer from. Trent was pretty fucked up, cocaine, medical depression, booze abuse.

It's really easy to look at a depressed person and just call them "le whiny boys". This might be why suicides are much more common in men, since they are taken less seriously by society when they suffer from suicidal thoughts.

Cash's cover is pure meme. The best part of Hurt is the droney noise at the end cause it reminds me of my tinnitus

Have you ever tried being a full fledged Alcoholic, cocaine user who dabbled in Crack earlier, then nearly died from a Pulp Fiction style heroin overdose?

That era was miserable as fuck for him. And don't give me the whole "boohoo rich rockstar angst". Reznor was in full JUST mode by 2001 when it became clear that in his intoxicated haze, his financial manager had stolen millions off him.

The droney noise is either heart beat monitor going off or a gun shot in slow motion.