Twin Peaks

Just finished this, really good shit, except for half of the second season:

>Resolving the Laura's mystery too soon was a mistake, every arc after this was shit.

>Nadine

>The ending felt rushed.

Also:

who was the masked man that was with Leo, Ben Horne

Other urls found in this thread:

mashedinplastic.co.uk
youtube.com/watch?v=kjeCNnbVYAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_BcrtgMM8N0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Nance#Wife.27s_suicide
avclub.com/article/david-bowie-was-supposed-be-new-twin-peaks-co-star-236705
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>really good shit

stopped reading there

I can't give them too much flack for Season 2, because the world wasn't ready for a show like Twin Peaks back then.

Viewer impatience and network meddling were the roots of all the show's problems. It's sad that we didn't get to really see Lynch/Frost's true vision pan out completely, but I bet they've been given total control over the new episodes.

Also, obligatory pic related.

Listening to this right now. It's pretty good, especially track 7

mashedinplastic.co.uk

Unpopular opinion: I actually like those post-mystery episodes, it was nice seeing the characters' lives continue without Laura's shadow hanging over everything. Which was Lynch's original intention, I know, but I'm glad they wrapped it up. I loved the whole Windom Earle/Black Lodge thing.

Have no idea about your question though. Was that in Season 1, when they met at night? The murdered man was Jean and Jacques Renault's brother, who the Bookhouse Boys were interrogating the episode before.

Season 2 Nadine is best girl

Seriously, even the first 9 episodes werent that good compared to the first season but still great, but the next episodes until the finale were pretty bad

Renault's/James/Ghostwood's arc were irrelevant after Leland's death

Yeah, when Bobby and Mike met Leo in the woods, there was a masked man behind a tree, who was It?

Why is she so perfect, bros?

I had to look that up on youtube, I didn't remember that at all. This is what the FAQ on IMDB had to say:

>When Bobby and Mike meet Leo in the woods to discuss a drug deal, Bobby notices another man in the woods behind Leo, who moves behind a tree for cover. Bobby asks if Leo brought someone along, but Leo does not answer. The series never reveals who this man was, but it's notable that he is of the same build and is wearing the same outfit (a black ski mask and trench coat, as seen here) as the man who attacks Dr. Jacoby in the park, revealed as the killer of Laura Palmer.

So, Leland? Doesn't seem likely... I'd say either Ben or Jacques Renault's younger brother

>AudreyxJack instead of AudreyxCooper

FUCK YOU DONNA!

Audrey>Shelly=Donna>Maddie=Annie>Lana>Lucy>Norma>Josie

the nightingale. she spoke to me. and told me

Norma too low bruh.

Peggy Lipton is an ageless Goddess. She should be 3rd IMO.

Is it wrong that I liked the sub plots with Bobby and Ben?

As long as you didn't like the subplots with Donna and James senpai.

Fuck no, Donna and James were the worst sub plot by far.

The problem with James was that he wasn't a "Bad" guy like everyone else, hell, even Mike was more interesting than him (dunno why they forgot about him until the late half of season 2)

>tfw she lost her virginity to john jacob jingleheimer schmidt after knowing him for like a day
>tfw audrey will never be in love with you
>tfw audrey isn't real

>who was the masked man that was with Leo, Ben Horne

Like many things in Twin Peaks, it was thrown in to deepen the mysteries of the show that the writers could explore at a later date. At the time, I think that the masked man was included as a new possible character. Only later do I think they decided to merge the man into Leland's arc as a way of resolving it.

everyone knows that Lynch was forced to extend the series by executives beyond the planned arc because of its popularity. That's why so much of season 2 sucks, because it wasn't actually supposed to be made.

Another example that you should never mindlessly push for being given more of something good.

Lynch was forced to reveal the killer by executives. If he had it his way you would never know who killed Laura Palmer. The show would have just continued along the lines of the first season.

I really liked that James is canonically retarded and completely incompetent
>You will never listen to ambient synthpop with a beautiful virgin in an existential crisis

That was Lara Flynn Boyle's fault, as she was dating Kyle Maclachlan(Cooper) at the time and he didn't want to have problems their relationship.

And FWWM was originally meant to be part one of a trilogy.

i've got 2 episodes of season 1 left
the series kind of seems futile and pointless

i don't really get how i'm supposed to give a shit about anyone or anything

the story plays out like a regular tv show and it's essentially just daily happenings

>the story plays out like a regular tv show

What does that even mean?

>the story plays out like a regular tv show and it's essentially just daily happenings

The same could be said about The Sopranos and Mad Men, and those are the 2 GOATs desu senpai.

Enjoy its comfyness and existential weirdness.

You don't have to like it

BANE?

i mean the story is kind of dragged out with no real developments and just focuses on daily episode events
By the time anything meaningful happens i've already stopped giving a shit because the so much irrelevant shit has happened and the characters are fucking flat and unlovable

>norma second to last
>literally hating best girl

kys, my man

Twin Peaks subplot power rankings (feel free to contribute)

>God Tier
Hospital Food
Meals on Wheels
Laura's Glasses
Albert

>Good Tier
Shelly and Leo (season 1)
Nadine (season 1)
Ben Horne insurance fraud
One Eyed Jacks (season 1)
Andy can't shoot
Major Briggs

>Enjoyable tier
James Hurleys motorbike adventures
Ben Horne civil war
Franken Leo
Little Nicky
Super Nadine

>Low Tier
Norma and Ed
One Eyed Jacks (season 2)
Bookhouse Boys
Audrey wants a cowboy

>Bad Tier
Norma's mothers in town
Josie's a maid
Sheriff Truman cries

>bookhouse boys not god tier
>general robert E lee that low
>james the whiny bitch anything but shit tier
>little nicky anything but boring

>Enjoyable tier
James Hurleys motorbike adventures
Super Nadine

What is wrong with you, these two subplots are without a doubt some of the worst television I have ever seen

your God Tier needs demolishing and everything else needs to be reworked. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING enjoyable about James Hurley's motorbike adventures

>God Tier
Everything Related to Laura's death
Leland's mental health
Bookhouse Boys aventures
Leo and Shelly season 1
Bad guy Ben Horne

>Good Tier
Audrey season 1 arc
Maddie/Donna/James season 1 arc
Bobby and Mike
One-eyed Jacks season 1
Good guy Ben Horne

>Meh Tier
Windom Earle's Arc
The mill feud
Leo, Shelly and Bobby

Bookhouse Boys was too camp for the first season I think. The fact that Joey and James were members diminished it greatly. Ben Hornes campaign could be higher. I enjoy James arc in a completely different way than I enjoyed earlier Twin Peaks. When the killer is revealed I think that the main arc takes a nosedive and the only enjoyment I am getting is from these strange contained stories like Little Nicky and Super Nadine. Coopers character is effectively ruined in the second season.

Bobby is a great character, severely underrated.

One of the best scenes in the entire series 2bh

youtube.com/watch?v=kjeCNnbVYAQ
Donna getting into meals on wheels was great
>the characters are fucking flat and unlovable
pic related

I think that Maddie/Donna/James arc remains good until the killer is revealed.

youtube.com/watch?v=_BcrtgMM8N0

Thats the reason it's "season 1 arc"

Donna and James were pretty boring in the second 2nd even with that Harold Smith arc.

Maddie was the only interesting character of those 3

I dig on the love triangle stuff and you get some tremond stuff

pretty much my list, but elevate the Mill and Windom Earle. And have S2 Leo, Shelly and Bobby way, way down

>Those first few episodes where Donna and James are first getting together

best gril

100% agree

>fucking slut
>makes guys fight over her
>gets upsey when Dick is glad he wasn't chosen

>severely underrated.
110% agreed
he's the character i'm most excited to see in the new series

David Bowie was supposed to be on the new Twin Peaks. Fucker had to go and die.

I'm about 5 episodes in from the first season and its kind of hard to get into.. not sure if i should just start over

General Ben is fucking based

cuck

if we're getting Donna in """""Season 3""""" I want her to be portrayed by based Moira Kelly. 34904098124098 times as cute as Lara Susan Boyle. Didn't even mind the switcharoo when I rewatched FWWM after a year or two of not seeing any Twin Peaks.

Delete this.

>tfw Dick isn't returning for S3

Cherry stems

I liked the Bob and Mike lore episodes.

What do you guys think will happen in the first 2017 episode?

James does something boring.

>Jack Nance is kill

>Major Briggs is kill

There I hear about this bitch the more I hate her

You should look up a current picture of her.

I don't understand guys like him, he was clearly talented but the documentary about him just showed him as completely self destructive.

Must have hidden some dark secrets

>Agent Jeffries is kill

>David Lynch is kill

Didn't he die after shooting was finished? Maybe they're keeping it as a surprise, maybe he was very sick at that point and was unable to, or maybe the whole story was bullshit.

>Kyle MacLachlan refusing a long-planned romance between Cooper and Audrey, apparently due to pressure from then-girlfriend Lara Flynn Boyle

For real? That's why?
Worst girl on the show, worst girl in real life.

Yeah. That's one more reason to be happy the cunt isn't around this time. We might finally get the happy ending we wanted for so long.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Nance#Wife.27s_suicide
probably didn't help. Only six months after they were married, too. Jesus.

ep 8 & 9 (season 2's ep. 1 & 2) are prefectly great. Lynch directed and everything. 10-13 drags a bit when Cooper start investigating Audrey's subplot instead of the Palmer mystery.

Ben Horne going crazy was pointless but entertaining to watch.

So did audrey die in the bank explosion?

Fucked up Horne > Good guy Horne > Evil Horne

tfw when you think about hadn't there been the hold up with the fight about the budget they might have begun filming in time for Bowie to be in it.

fucking shit cliffhangers on everything!

Fucking Leo holding that box full of spiders for 25 years

If we're putting money on the table, I'd guess it'll begin with another death that stirs up the town again.

Just wait for the end, nigger

>the story plays out like a regular tv show

Wait wat.. did someone really tell you it wasn't a tv show?

It has been confirmed that he was actually set for a cameo, but he died before they could shoot his part.

>them trips
Hell god baby damn no

avclub.com/article/david-bowie-was-supposed-be-new-twin-peaks-co-star-236705

Nadine sucks, but god when she beats the shit out of ben

No, she will appear in season 3

I think Leo won't appear, a shame because he was one of the best characters and he had a shit closure.

Just because she is on the show doesn't mean she didn't die. See Jacques Renault.

Probably in one of the lodges or a dream/vision.

Nah, I'm pretty sure we'll see alternative realities on S3. And also time travel.
Mark my words.

i don't know if this is bait but the actor died a few years ago.

Bobby's actor didn't die. He and Madchen Amick (Shelly) are apparently the new Ed and Norma. Bobby's a cop and a Bookhouse Boy, he's going to have the most screentime of probably all of the old characters if the on set photos are any indication.

based as fuck user

Not that Bob, bro
actually, I believe Bobby and BOB are one and the same, same as Mike and MIKE

Fenn confirmed several times that she would be alive

Pete is dead

Am I the only one that didn't like that Bob was an evil spirit? Cooper having visions was cool, but he being a spirit took some "logic" out of the show

>Twin Peaks
>logic
I think you got it all wrong

>genuine and thoughtful woman
>hard worker
>doesn't care about a man's looks or intelligence
>just wants affection and honesty

Lol she's objectively the best waifu material in twin peaks. If you disagree you're either too young, or too stupid to understand

Do it, a lot of shit happens really quickly and you can miss little things. Don't be afraid to finish things and go back, or just go back if you think you missed something.

There are some things that doesn't need explanation, and this "THE SURPRISE WAS EVIL FOREST DIMENSION!" Is one of them

Outside of Cooper's dreams, the series had some logic even for Lynch standards

She cheated on Andy, man. She's kind of a bitch.

Bobby's character progression was weird.

>Erratic jock bully---->Mellow caring boyfriend

I didn't want these feels user

You forgot to include "murderer"

Bobby is the GOAT