My son could be the next big martial artist only problem is I don't know when to train him anybody know he seems very...

My son could be the next big martial artist only problem is I don't know when to train him anybody know he seems very interested at age 6 ? Also somebody photoshop some martial art stuff on him would really appreciate it.

Brace yourself OP

aww he's adorable!!!

he looks like he has personality.

Put him in boxing first (most important) then do Jiu jitsu

Kickboxing

You have to train him when he least expects it. Punch him in the dick next time you see him.

What about youth Karate?

Lol I have you know he's mixed his mother is east Asian I'm white.

Bump

I don't know if it's helpful in a real fight just do boxing for Stand up (will help in real fights too) and Jiu jitsu for ground game

I'm really considering the boxing but I'm not sure if I should start him now or at age 8.

teach him as early as possible, never back down, resist pain, fear nothing in a fight, focus primarily now on technique first, it's the hardest thing to teach a child at that age since they want to constantly move around and do shit and don't really attribute any real "value" to any system except its "fun" at times. If its something you want your kid to seriously handle then you have to structure his life around it and not make it a extracurricular activity or baby sitting event at some mcdojo. Again practice technique till he has everything perfect, combos and hit call outs ex 1 1 2, 1 2 1 4, etc etc from there you can focus on dodging blows head slips guarding and body movement and after that actual sparing of which id recommend just doing body stuff let him feel what its like to get hit and to also throw stuff out there. Eventually you can start doing full range sparing and he'll have a solid background for 2 years or so by then. Certified ATA 2nd rank teacher 2nd degree blackbelt with 2 years of boxing experience. This is of course if you yourself know your shit and don't want to trust some guy you'll be paying monthly doing who knows what with who knows what experience. Its a serious thing to get into and if you buy some monthly membership good things to look out for are reasonable fees, no fees for all this shit added on, notable in structures who've won legit records or competitions, people who prioritize your childs safety over everything else yet reasonably pushing them to their potential, get involved sit in a few classes first before buying into a system, otherwise stay away. Theres a reason I stopped doing ATA taekwondo...

Trust me anything my kids will start they will finish it runs in the family.Now as far as money goes about how much am I looking at to get him started any way I can get a estimate I want him to be supreme he doesn't like sports so I want him to do this.

But like I said it's only because he is interested

nice trips, tldr user here, for ATA Taekwondo which i was involved with for 7 years it was anywhere from 1.5 K a year to 3.3 K a year depending on if you got the "basic membership" the "leader membership" or the "CIT leadership" and there are a few more but its been 3 years since i've been involved so it could've changed but its a real mcdojo, pay per belt lvl up, equipment fees couple hundred, uniform costs 150 each gi, its extrenuous if you seriously committee. My boxing membership was the best in my town 65 per month and I got to train with Pinklon Thomas who was an ex heavy weight champion in the 80's, real great guy now. Typically you'll be looking at that price range up to 100 bucks for a boxing gym and even more depending on the name quality of its head instructor.

If he doesn't like sports then you need to make it as appealing as possible by getting him invested into the sport so like watching boxing matches gauging his interest and telling him he could be the next rocky play fighting etc kid stuff that gets their imagination going before you drop money, hand wraps you can buy for 10 bucks gloves around 25 no need to buy him some elite brand 150$ waste of money unless he starts amateur ring thats when you invest into good gear.

Sorry those taekdwondo memberships were for 1.5 to 3 year stints so it ended up being around 100-200 a month not per year my bad***

It's going to be a time thing with him I'm going to let him finish his summer and then in the fall He will start getting serious he's going to have undestand the whole jyst of fighting. But as far as boxing that will be my first priority with him

At the moment does he have an interest in being a fighter? Or at least to learn about it.

Hey it's cool man thanks for the pricing I'll try to update his status every once in a while on /Fit/ but as far as 100$ 200$ a month it's not that bad I actually expected more.

You could pay more theres this rip off place in my town called "The Jungle" that sells its membership for 250 bucks a month. Its ridiculous. Boxing gym i paid 65 for got trained way better than they taught and got to do some amateur fights. If you do 3 you can go pro no matter your record but typically 30-50 is the entry number most go to some notable people like oscar de la hoya getting into the 200's for amateur records, its a matter of how well you want to sharpen yourself before entering and once you do you get thrown in way harder. Lots of training outside of the ring will help him more than constant fights that could wear him down long term. Train smart.

He wants to be a fighter I let him watch Some ufc the other night with me and he says he likes Anderson silva but as far as his whole mindset he talks about being like Bruce lee.

Personally I'd stay away from any belt system since they like to charge a lot of money across many systems for belt graduations and the like but im sure some out there do it good you just have to look. Single biggest thing that will differenciate him from everybody else is if you train with him at home or show up early to the dojo and make him practice on the body bags before class. Kicks punches everything. 100 each type of kick or punch at night is a good way of drilling it into him after a year he'll have done them 10000 each and if the technique is done right he'll have mastered it practically. After that he'll just get faster and stronger.

How much is to much for a almost 7 year old I don't want him to hate it.

Don't make him do 100 of each a night i just realised my grammar error here haha, have him practice a bit at a time 20 punches here 20 kicks here using your hands as gloves so its interactive, low reps like that taking it as slow as possible to analyse his technique will make wonders over time kids are smart so they'll catch on fast. eventually having him do 100 of round kicks a night for time within a minute will be routine for him after a year maybe a bit less but don't push him full throttle for the first month