How has there not been a good D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) movie made yet...

How has there not been a good D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) movie made yet? There have been awesome adaptations of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth, the Buffy comics, Robert Jordan's Lord of the Rings and Conan books, and George RR Martin's Game of Thrones... so why hasn't the ORIGINAL been done right yet?

There is so much source depth it's crazy that there hasn't been a good movie made based on it yet. What the heck is wrong with Hollywood?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xfKhDiUNOG0
variety.com/2015/film/news/dungeons-dragons-movie-in-works-at-warner-bros-as-lawsuit-ends-1201555394/
imdb.com/title/tt0406728/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They focus on the bad details and get caught up in jargon instead of telling a great story.

The comics did a better job. They made a core team funny and told a moving story about the characters that had nothing to do with the world but about things in the world, which made you care about the world.

The people that run the property never got that.

Except for the true D&D has been made. The Hobbit is actual D&D. The Lonely Mountain and Smaug are the Dungeon and Dragon.

The Hobbit... by Robert Jordan.

because it's just a format. you listed a few that have used it. or are you talking about specific adventures? the lore isn't deep enough to make a good movie for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=xfKhDiUNOG0

Well WB is doing another very soon, so we'll see what happens. Too bad it's WB, they've not had the best track record lately.

variety.com/2015/film/news/dungeons-dragons-movie-in-works-at-warner-bros-as-lawsuit-ends-1201555394/

imdb.com/title/tt0406728/

it wasnt bad. well, it was bad, but not shit.

im legitimately surprised there hasn't been a drizzt movie

Wasn't The Last Witch Hunter based on Vin Diesels D&D character?

I liked the dungeons and dragons movie with the Wayans

come at me bro

Piss off with your nerd shit loser

Do you know where we are???

Who would you cast in your ideal D&D movie?

I'd probably start with this guy, Vin loves the material.

Because they will make it gimmicky

They wont have a solid consistent story without "hurr durr this is a game lil eks dee"

Same thing will happen with the WOW flick

how is there not even a good Call of Cthulhu movie out

But WoW hasn't had a consistent story since Warcraft II or so.

I still love Warcraft lore, I find it extremely comfy

Honestly, I would do

Zach Levi - Main guy, charismatic, kind of dirty but has leadership quality while still having faults that eventually lead to his death.

Yvonne for some type of non-human woman that can either be an assassin or some sort of anti-hero that eventually switches over (Going Chaotic Neutral)
Somebody to play a dwarf, I haven't made up my mind yet but has to be good at gruff, deadpan. Not Adam Baldwin but something unknown or lesser known. Or if well known that they use beard to disguise the character actor well.
I think Matt Bomer should do the angry elf bit, he has never done long blonde hair and could easily disguise his more normal well known appearance.

>Somebody to play a dwarf, I haven't made up my mind yet but has to be good at gruff, deadpan
Go with the wild card and cast Gary Busey.

that would be crazy and hilarious. Who knows what kind of hilarity would come out of that improv.

Good choice, definitely a wild card. He actually made me like Amazon's advertising. Miracle.

Oh and I forgot you need halfing of some kind too.

Lead, Tiefling, Angry Elf, Dwarf, Halfing.

(Human leader, Zach) (Angry Elf, Bomer), (Tiefling, Yvonne), (Dwarf, Busey) (Halfing..)

I kind of want to cast a sassy latina type but also kind of funny in that klepto kind of way.
I doubt you'd find a youngyin good enough in the role.. Any ideas? I don't really watch anything with teenagers in it.

Someone that can sell Overly Happy to Steal everything and be kind of awkward at same time.

bamping for seeker wiafus.

Hollywood has already got fantasy shit coming up.

They need to make sure they don't over do it with a certain trend, and maintain an illusion of originality without coming off as LOTR or Warcraft.

Man you remind a lot of my DM, got a current campaign going?

I actually had a group that came out of Sup Forums vtmb threads from awhile ago. That was mostly a homebrew of VTM

I haven't done legit D&D in years besides some short story writing.

I used to have a group of buds that did it weekly but between college and jobs and everything else, it became increasingly hard to find time. Even using skype doesn't make up random funny stuff that happens in person.

Ive got you fämälämäzoid

Perfect casting

My D&D group is the same, we're all in our late 20s and we swing between spurts of complete attention and interest from everyone to essential abandonment of entire campaigns because life just gets busy or the campaign gets stale. Still when people are really into it, nothing compares, it's some of the best fun I've had in a long time.

>tfw she'll never command you to impregnate her while giving an agiel to prostate massage.

finlan

because it would be gay and lame

>awesome adaptation
>sword of truth

Those books have more rape and brutal gore-fetish violence than anything Martin wrote with 1/10th the quality. It's a shitty series for bdsm loving girls, ayn rand beta cucks and literal cavemen.

LOOK

BUHOWDUHZ

feels good man.

because everyone knows its devil worship that sacrafices neighborhood pets on a chalk pentagram on school playgrounds at night

Its an awesome show for us true Chads

Because the director of the movie in OP pic still owns the rights, and he's a fucking dipshit.