How smart is Sup Forums?

How smart is Sup Forums?
If you have two spaceships , one is traveling at half the speed of light and the other is not moving. They both Fire a lazer beam forward at speed of light at exactly the same time, after 20 seconds is the distance between the spaceship and its lazer beam the same or not for Both spaceships?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ACUuFg9Y9dY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

20 seconds from which ship's experience of time?

From each ships own perception of time

light can't go faster than light because idk why but that is what scientist tell us so no.

The laser beam would be the same distance from the spaceships but the wavelengths would be different

Idiot op is idiot. Trying to play smart, forgets reference frame

Then the same distance.

Actually I am wrong the spaceship in travel I would think would have covered half the distance so it would be closer to the laser

depends which way the ship is moving

wavelength of laser coming from moving ship would be redshifted because greater energy

They are the same. Just because something is moving at a significant portion of light speed, doesn't mean that the light is travelling faster coming out of said object. All photons move at the same speed because they are massless.

but the ship is covering more distance between the laser and ship while other ship didn't cover any distance.

Come to think of it.. He didn't forget, he just trolled you all, bunch of summerfags

I don't think that matters due to length and time contraction. Isn't ship thats moving at the 1/2 speed of light smaller than the ship thats not moving, and the clocks would be different, etc.

I DONT CARE

depends if you are an outside observer or if you are in the spaceships

He is asking if you are an outside observer. They would both be the same no matter what. Vsauce did a video on that topic, and it doesn't matter what speed you are at light moves away from you at the same rate.

That can't be right because you are saying the light is moving the speed of light + half the speed of light

I don't know why i'm asking but sauce?

Nothing moves faster than light that's theory of relativity bitch

Length and time contraction. Moving ship has a shorter second and distance that their light travels to be on par with the stationary ship. But from their frame of reference it is the same.

Ok moron, i'm going to illustrate it for you

Don't bother
youtube.com/watch?v=ACUuFg9Y9dY

I guess I'm sorry i tried to argue the whole it's the same. When I should have argued distance is relative and therefore doesn't really matter.

Length contraction would make it appear to be same distance to outside observer , if an outside observer could see billions of miles at hypersonic speed

He also didn't specify in the original post if it was 20 seconds for both ships or on the outside, because with time contraction they would be at exactly the same distance between both ships when both ships are at their 20 second mark.

Depends, if the ship going light speed shot it behind it would the distance not be double?

>watermark

laser would appear closer to ship to outside observer

A spaceship cannot travel at the light of speed, hence u need to dildo urself..

>one is travelling at half the speed of light
Hence you cannot read or do physics either

>>Sistance laser traveled. Also that wasn't me that needed the drawing I understood what you said, and I have answered your question.

It a what if question

was in a hurry

Was my answers acceptable

If you can't fly at half the speed of light you are never gonna get any alien pussy

not

Warp Speed Nigga!. Don't need to be moving at all let space do all that!!!

not OP but I guess, so. OP never gave the answer

But in space because of physics you need to be moving really fast soo you are moving through time slower, soo you have time to get your fuck on

Watch the video i posted. op is always a fag who doesn't deliver.

Ever been trolled before?
And the answer is the same distance btw

I don't get how it can be same distance so consider me trolled

>>you

Watch the youtube video here