3x3 thread

Post your chart and give recs to others

Links for chart-making:
>bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php (square format)
>ipiccy.com/ (keeps cinematic ratio)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MtbPk5NsEQA
youtube.com/watch?v=-x8toG5fYsg&list=WL&index=201
youtube.com/watch?v=IjR7AWSmI6o
youtube.com/watch?v=3QAY9OY-ho4
youtube.com/watch?v=uZvRtwCQs44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what a weird time to post pham

Post your chart?

the board is slower, so i'm trying it

Visconti or de Sica? that's the true question

wow now brown cow, i dont think i'm ready for that

if it was on impulse i'd have to go with de sica

post more korine cingerids senpai

very good rec chart
although i would have included costa, pudovkin, olivieira, vlacil, HHH and shimizu

and another pick for rivette

it's the only one i've made :(
youtube.com/watch?v=MtbPk5NsEQA

it's the only one i've made for korine i meant

what you make them with?

i could probably make them but i can never be bothered

Befunky

recent gud watches

directors' slightly less popular movies?

I forgot India Song is Duras's underappreciated film

about i'd more or less agree with you, i think its still the best recent charts to have a wider variety of films

how did you find abbas' film?

it applies a lot of those directors.... esp. marker, ozu, fuller, dreyer, powell, godard, cassavetes, akerman, vertov, tsai

where is my friends house is on hulu if you're in the USA. the rest of the trilogy is not

had a feeling id get this answer, i worded it wrong

i mean in the sense 'did you like it?'

because not many people on here watch/highly rank the rest of his work in comparison to cherry and someone in love

oh my ranking so far is:
close up>WIMFH>the wind will carry us>taste of cherry>certefied copy>like someone in love

I really loved it, its such a wonderful story, and I think it has the best ending so far of the film's I've seen. Favorite part is probably the repeated song sequence of hill running

Are you watching more movies or did you give up and those will be your favorites forever?

Nah I'm still watching movies
I'll make a new 3x3 by the end of summer probably but I have exams atm so full time study

I'm putting this out there knowing that I'll be made fun of because of Fight Club and V for Vendetta. Fight Club is a good film though, I don't care if redditors also like it. And I'm a huge fan of Alan Moore.

nice work uploading the template as a gif you idiot. Only realised towards the end that this was the reason all the images I imported deteriorated in quality.

Christ I put like 10 minutes into that and it looks shit. Thanks again OP.

i really dont understand what you are talking about

nice, i think you will definitely enjoy through the olive trees, i think his film 5, comfiest of the lot

You uploaded a gif template which meant I had been editing this as a gif in Gimp up until I exported it as jpeg. Also for some stupid reason you uploaded a template that was only 300x300 pixels what an ass.

Never mind. Sorry for getting mad. I should have been more aware and I'm just taking it out on you.

the image isn't a template, they are links for making easily a chart

no need to apologise

btw im not OP lel

just make it in bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

fuck me up senpai

Ok what's (1,4) (two guys with swords), (2,3) (3,3) and (4,1)?

yea, I definitely want to get to Life and Nothing More and Through the Olive Trees ASAP. I'd like to do find decent versions first though.

i did have both saved on youtube but they have been deleted

just found olive trees but no subs

youtube.com/watch?v=-x8toG5fYsg&list=WL&index=201

idk what you can do with it

the duelists
el topo
hunger
psycho

thanks my man

np, you got a chart?

idk also. there's a spanish only life and nothing more

where is a good version of pic tho

2/2 - 2001 and Third Man

>because of Fight Club and V for Vendetta
Those are the least of your problems.

what are my biggest problems?

ello ladies

gonna be back later im going to work now

Could someone please put a name to all these stills so that I'll actually learn something from these threads?
I recognize many, by far not all.

which ones i got like 5mins till i leave

you can always ask for names ( like did )

All nine in this one?

I'll watch all these btw

kanal
julien donkey
two women

satantango
news from home
othello

a matter of life and death
bigger than life
die nibelungen

its not very good boi, wheres your chart

Give me time to make one, I never really go to Sup Forums but I always loved movies.

>its not very good
thanks anyway

if you don't recognize names in you shouldn't watch it, and search for something more entry level, or make a chart and ask for personnal recommandations.

fair enough, id suggest lurking more and not going straight into some films on the list that you mentioned, try pic related or just type in 'Sup Forums entry/mid level start kit etc'

its probably best but if i get to see your chart it prob help me find what to rec to you

not that the films are bad but the chart isnt very good for beginners or someone who isnt very familiar with the work of the directors in the chart

What's mid right ? Is it wild at heart ?

Here's my chart. I don't feel like it's complete though because it's impossible to narrow it down to just 9 movies. But I think One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest really is my all time favorite.

Also, where do you get your movies? Private trackers or do you buy everything? Public trackers either don't have them or have no seeders (for most of them)

Lawrence of Arabia

The films in these charts
Are all on public trackers

Literally everything else. I'm guessing 14-15 year old or just baiting hard

Yes, I've found them all now, it's just that some download with 23 KiB/s when it's a 4GB file lol. I'll just be patient :)

r8 dont h8

What's bot left ?

idgi 1984 obviously isn't the issue. Scream has become an iconic horror movie that's also an intelligent critique on slasher movies. I hear Scream 2 might be better, maybe that's your issue? The World's End is my personal favourite of the COrnetto Trillogy. SotD and Hot Fuzz might also make it into top 9 but it's no fun that way. Wasn't sure whether to put down Office Space or Idiocracy but I eventually went with Idiocracy because it's not talked about as much. Matrix is fucking badass still to this day. Religulous is fucking hilarious, vid related. Watchmen and V for Vendetta are fucking great, Alan Moor is the greatest comic writer of all time. And I see people calling Watchmen the best superhero movie all the time on here.

aaaaaaand I forgot the video link youtube.com/watch?v=IjR7AWSmI6o

Jesus Christ please leave these threads

you didn't even watch the video. If you're gonna tell me to leave at least explain why, I deserve that much

You can tell I love the theme of time and memories, can't you?

expected L'année dernière à marienbad in your chart because of your comment

Is bottom left The Red Shoes? Is it honestly that good? Wanted to watch it, but I've been putting it off for a while now.

For some reason I really didn't enjoy it all that much on my first watch, maybe because I wasn't in the right mood or not to appreciate it, some wonderful uses of light and shadow and architecture but I need to watch it again to better appreciate it.

It's pretty good and has some lovely set pieces.

Use rutracker but still strive work towards getting into private trackers

You can't be more reddit if you try. Pls go back

Double Indemnity

not that fond of it ( marienbad ) tb h, it felt too much like a book for my taste. But the whole film is about time and memories.

What's top left ?

Beautiful and best grid in the thread.

Is this a fucking joke

you're really good with irony senpai

Hi

just got back from work so i'll be a little slow

nice,

i'll try give you recs in a bit my man

its about 60% stream 30% track and 10% physical

sexy new people

marketa Lazarova

hello, how are you today ?

bump

have you seen any more Tarkovsky?

Made a thread yesterday, it died without a post :(
Anyways, I added Knight of Cups and changed the World on a Wire still
Top mid?
Nice chart

:(

we've all been in that situation pham dont worry, what time did you make the thread?

top mid is mishima, life in four chapters

nice change, i assume your prefer later malick to early

same with pta?

thank you for complementing my char before
we have similar tastes
i'm

I made it later in the day, around 6, so that's probably why.

Yes on both counts, thought I like early Malick whereas I'm not as keen on early PTA.

I watched Gummo this week, and really enjoyed it, Korine has really grown on me.

I was recently recommended Bunuel and specifically The Strange Charm based on my current faves. What are your thoughts on him?

No problem, man. I enjoy looking at it

Yeah. Zerkalo is the only one I'd put in my top 20.
Top mid is Mishima

mid title pls
yes i am a pervert

It's pic related and all the snaps are from the same movie.

just to bump

criterion has just uploaded two new vids of closet interviews

both are quite nice

youtube.com/watch?v=3QAY9OY-ho4

youtube.com/watch?v=uZvRtwCQs44

>Anna Karina

Knew I'd seen her before!

kek

i didnt realise how bad she looked recently

bless her

I heard there's a 35mm version of this out there. Anyone know a link or anything?

I've only seen the first 30 minutes (although I've read Roadside Picnic) and don't wanna rewatch unless more time passes of it's the higher quality version.

Wait for it to show in 35mm at your local cinematheque

Nah man they'll never show it in Dublin. We only have two cinemas that screen old movies and it would be a miracle if they pick Stalker play.

well its on streaming sites so more than likely to have a decent quality on pbay or somewhere else

just buy it