POKEMON GO - Best Practices?

POKEMON GO - Best Practices?

Do I level up my pokemans before I evolve them, or just evolve them first?

Is the CP increase exponential?

WHERE DA METAGAME INFO AT THO

only level up after you evolve.

XP and your level matter more than the pokemon level. As you increase in level, the pokemon you find will automatically be stronger.

Each species of pokemon has a set CP max that increases with your level (i.e. a max pidgey will always be weaker than a max gyarados)

I've noticed that if you level a lower evolution pokemon before you actually evolve them, the evolutions area stronger. But yes, you can find stronger base pokemon as you get higher in levels

that's because it'll maintain the same "ratio" of how far it was to maxed out, but have the higher base of the evolution. I repeat, it is not beneficial in any way to level up before you evolve and you can actually waste a lot of stardust if you evolve into a shit moveset.

Why the fuck aren't there any pokemon when I live in buttfuck nowhere.

How did that person get enough squirtle candy for a fucking blastoise?

Seriously. Where the fuck is the meta? Niantic's other game, Ingress, has shitloads of meta.

Likely they caught it rather than evolving. I have an Ivysaur, haven't caught nearly enough bulbasaur

I found it in a parking lot. But they do drop from 2km eggs.

Like?

I'm not really sure on what's good for xp, but I have a lucky egg waiting till I get close to my two 10km eggs. Once those are close, going to pop the luck egg, incubate both other eggs, then evolve like 4 pokemon. Should drop like... 4-5k xp.

kill yourself summerfag thats all you have to do

hey buddy, it's okay, you'll be back in your middle school classroom in just a few short months.

I know you miss your friends, but the teachers will still be there waiting for you in September.

this

also:
say you have a Pidgeotto and evolve it
Pidgeot will get new attacks

say Pidgeot's attacks deal 10 and 25 dmg, there is no need to power up the Pidgeot as the attacks will deal literally no dmg

geht XP
evolve as many Pidgey and other 12 bonbon pokemons, till you get level 15-20, then catch pokemon and power the evolutions up

Sup bitches. Team Valor.

level?

I catch a pokemon like every 5-10 minutes.
How the fuck do you people catch 100 pidgeys and evolve for xp.

average butt only good in pants

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN.
I've been out walking for like 10 fucking hours total in last 3 days and I'm level 8 with barely any fucking pokemon to show for it.

Intel map, backstory, intel which grants you items, there's so much more to flesh out the world of Ingress. It feels like Niantic simply threw this shit together. Servers constantly going down might be additional evidence of that.

Or it's because it's in ultra early alpha.

where are you catching them?
i'm catching mine in the center of our city
i have the feeling, there are most of them

i just evolved a 350 eevee into a 909 vaporeon and a 40 weedle into a 99 beedrill so i think the higher the level before the evolution the more of an increase you will get by evolving

either that or eevee is just bullshit op

I'm in the middle of nowhere with fucking fields everywhere.
I've walked like 3 miles with 0 pokemon..

Is Eevee evolution random? Like a random of the 3 possible evolutions.
Or do you get water stones and shit?

Go to /vp/ they are discussing meta game shit as we speak

random

same here. There are people who can catch pokemon in their fucking bathrooms, and I seriously have to drive to the busier part of town to find any

its random but it also only takes 25 candy so if you find somewhere that spawns alot of eevee cycle the spawn as much as you can

They already did alpha. Also beta. Then server stress tests. My friends have shown me every step of the testing phase on their phones. This is full release for America, and it just feels... shoddy. Shit, they don't even have a Fagbook page up. Sure, it's early in the game's lifespan, but for shit's sakes, throw your players a goddamn bone, Niantic.

Holy shit, this is useful. Best post in thread, sir.

its v0.29.0 so its still beta

>10 hours
Step your game up. I've walked 4 hours a day in an area covered in stops since it came out.

:)

There seem to always be more Pokemon in busier areas with a lot of Pokestops. On my college campus there are dozens of stops that get lured often, great spot for grinding

Only been playing 3 days

makes no sense, as you had to walk through high grass in the other pokemons, i know

unfortunately you find the most in cities

That fucking sucks.
Seems like common sense there would be more pokemon in rural areas instead of in office buildings.

does this work?
i've seen that youtube video
i don't trust it tho..^^

Worked fine for me, assuming we're talking about the same video.. just be sure to read the description.

Come to California...

Nvm stay where you are

Again.
There are exactly 0 stops within 10 miles of me because I live in the middle of fucking nowhere.
This fucking game giving the advantage to city dwellers.

Team mystic!!

Probably works, but you will be banned for it.
Rely easy to detect people traveling around at the speed of light.

Stop posting your fake shit

thus why I go in roughly half a block increments.
Any teleporting can be written off as poor gps connection

Real people aren't looking at this. It will be flagged by a computer.
Its very easy to detect. Unless the gps app simulates movement, you will be detected.

lucky patcher for rooted phone thing?

actually it does simulate movement