How do you go from the most underrate rapper of all time to the most overrated rapper of all time in 2 years?

how do you go from the most underrate rapper of all time to the most overrated rapper of all time in 2 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QcIy9NiNbmo
youtube.com/watch?v=guFh4lsxhyA
youtube.com/watch?v=TH8m6J3gPH0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wrong pic OP

Damn...

Do you really believe is is overrated right now? I think is on spot in terms of how people see him. He has caused social impact, no other artist as done something so powerful in the 21st century. He brought an identity to music, considering that the last 15 years were pure revivalism and the emergence of Indie music.

Kendrick Lamar is the biggest house nigger in the music industry.

youtube.com/watch?v=QcIy9NiNbmo

youtube.com/watch?v=guFh4lsxhyA

Impossible to take seriously.

>Kendrick
>somehow not pure revivalism
What the fuck am I even reading here?

jesus dude. stop watching cnn and reading tumblr

really makes you think

DUDE NIGGERS LMAO

he's getting his paycheck

i don't really mind if he drops a couple shitty verses on other people's songs as long as his own albums stay good

>implying that 2 years ago Kendrick Lamar was "underrated"
Off yourself

don't think hes over rated at all i think you just dont want to like him because hes popular

nah, your IQ is just really low

he should keep quality over quantity on his own works. maybe quit featuring with bullshit artists

People listen to J cole still?

the fuck are you talking about TPaB is pure revivalism user

DESU I have really, really enjoyed all of his own albums. But jesus christ he is featuring on a lot of shit. Makes it kind of hard to take him seriously ./

normies do.

by having people rate you higher
pretty simple op

this is why i'll never love him. it's ironic how drake is viewed as more of a sellout pop star of the two

The difference is that Drakes solo stuff, is purely made to please top 40 listeners. Kendricks stuff isn't inaccessible at all, but you gotta admit that he has more artistic integrity than Drake

his later stuff like tpab isn't that easy accessible, the previous albums were basic

He's literally the greatest rapper to ever live.

Why are you guys arguing this?

Could you explain how TPAB isn't easy accessible. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying tha t it's a bad thing it's accesible, but I can't see how it isn't. Most of the beats are something I could imagine the mainstream listener to enjoy. Of course it had songs like U and Mortal Man, which the top 40 listener would probably hate, but I think for the most the album was pretty accessible.

"kek"

What is?
MF Doom/Q-tip/Rakim etc.

I don't entirely agree with your sentiment that Drake purely tries to pleasure top 40 listeners, although he definitely does that more now than some years ago, which is probably why Views was shit compared to his other works.

Also, Drakes whole public persona and what's intriguing about him is the ice king, alone on the top, etc. and I think he has a lot of integrity in doing that, while Kendrick tries to be a voice for black people and put focus on issues on both racial discrimination against blacks, and the problematic attitudes within black communities.

Drake is fake, that's the whole premise for liking his music. It's not the same for Kendrick.

easy, he was never underrated

>loses grammy to Macklemore
>overrated

Kendrick was pretty popular in 2014, shit even in 2012

youtube.com/watch?v=TH8m6J3gPH0

You are forgetting this

I see what you mean, and I would love to keep talking about it, but I have a philosophy paper for tomorrow, so don't really have the time ./
But thought you at least deserved an answer, for not just replying with a meme :)