Sup Forums how do i speed up my computer without making hardware changes?

Sup Forums how do i speed up my computer without making hardware changes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_p52QJi-Ydo
youtube.com/watch?v=RTQsMYi7iQc
youtube.com/watch?v=xtdTvPeBSug
techreport.com/review/27909/the-ssd-endurance-experiment-theyre-all-dead/2
backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-reliability-stats-q1-2016/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

download more RAM

Do a barrel roll

enjoy what you have, you ungrateful fuck

Download a new computer.

Just download more ram or a I7 or something. Come on, use google

taskbar close background programs u r not using

nigga im not completely retarded

delete system32

delete system 32, it's purposely there to throttle computer speed

Simply remove all unneeded programs that use up your computers resources. You can either make then not to start when you start your computer or remove them for good. One program you might not need is Windows' tracking applications (those damn spies), so deleting file "system32" from windows folder should speed up your computer signifcaly.

Im not stupid...

Thats how you make a triforce

▲ ▲

win 98 was good

then how modern is your computer? if it's old, defragmenting would help some.

otherwise, the only thing I can think of would be to reinstall the OS. not much to do really without new hardware.

LOL at peoples responces

overclock ram and CPU

remove all the bloatware on your PC

get in the habit of de-fragmenting

stop using an anti virus.

browse smart and do risky shit in a Virtual Machine

turn off system restore, use a registry cleaner, make sure that GWX isn't running(svchost.exe using 100+MB)

Overclock?
Bloatware?

What kind of risky shit?

/this

Also uninstall programs you don't use. Especially important on laptops as they usually come with tons of crap.

>stop using an anti virus.
Bad idea.

You dont need antivirus if you have a half decent firewall unless you're in the habit of downloading from shitty warez sites or you still use kazaa

Fresh install of OS.

should i uninstall codecs?

Remove all the crap you don't need. Get an SSD instead of a platter-style HDD. How much RAM do you have? At least 4GB, right?

Is it your computer or your Internet connection that's bugging you?

pretty much this.

any 'risky' web surfing can be done inside of a Virtual Machine - VMware is the one i use(its free)
its easy to turn on and off and suspend whatever you are doing... you can run a anti virus program within the vm ware, but its a safe guard, if you get a virus on the VM then its locked down to the VM
with a windows 10 iso on your main hard drive it takes less then 10 mins to reinstall the virtual machine, if you get some random virus on it.

get more hardware ! he says

> he did not learn to read. i said

only a gig and Im a bit of a poor fag

list pc specs. is it a some shity prebuilt like an HP or Dell?

bloatware is any program on your computer that you do not need. it is not like
'del. system 32'
its about basic programs you can see in the program list - control panel > uninstall programs

see something you are not sure about ? google it. its amazing how much shit sounds sketchy but is from microsoft...
remove all the things that launch when you boot up your computer. your computer will launch quicker and you can open any of thoes programs easily right after.

there are many guides on how to overclock but if you feel you do not have enough exp. with this sort of stuff then do not bother (although even a minor increase would show some results in performance)

Install Linux

Shitty Dell Optiplex 780 on windows 10. 1 gb of ram. two 250gb HDD. No idea the motherboard or what it's core thing is. Im a fag

moar

Delete system 32

Do you have space for more RAM?

Bran.

Just a suggestion. Don't be a dick. Try not to be a dick. Strive to be less of a dick. Maybe be a dick elsewhere...

I have 2 more slots but I read that 32 bit windows can't handle excessive RAM

Brandon Stark, the winged wolf. Now how do we work the wishing part out? Do I tell you, or is it a keep it secret affair.

Microwave it.

wire 12 9 volt batteries in a series
solder two wires at each end connected to alligator clips
attach both clips to your cpu heatsink

you will gain 1Ghz easy

but more than 1gig

How much is ram? How do you install it?

Install the programs you use the most on another hard drive (if you have more than one)
This way, these programs will start just as fast even if the C drive is doing some intensive stuff.

Can I just drag from C Drive to F Drive

Fresh reinstall will get it back to its new state. Also clean and replace your thermal paste if its getting hot.

listing on amazon starts at 10$

what is the maximum 32 bit can handle

Should see if you can raid your hdds

youtube.com/watch?v=_p52QJi-Ydo

I need that link to download more RAM

Just buy an ssd for $50 to $100 and use the current hard drive as extra storage

Delete system32.

i only found optiplex 780 systems starting with 4gig ram. where/when did you bought yours?

whats the difference between an ssd and an hdd

Put it on a train, I hear they go pretty fast this time of year.

got it from work when they replaced desktops

Nope, you need to reinstall and specify the installation folder you want that is not on your boot drive.
BTW is you F drive just a partition on the same disk as the C drive? Cause then its useless, it NEEDS to be a physical different drive.

4GB

I've made slow computers faster as a job for three years. The best thing to do is installing an SSD. Works wonders. What is your hardware anyways? Otherwise, make your computer do less shit. See the bottom of this post.

>overclock ram and CPU
Won't do anything noticeable, especially with the RAM

>remove all the bloatware on your PC
This works though. Download the Should I Remove It tool, works pretty well if you don't know what is needed and what not.

>get in the habit of de-fragmenting
Windows does it automatically since Vista.

>stop using an anti virus.
Antiviruses are pretty shitty and useless these days, but at least make sure to run a Malwarebytes scan every now and then.

>browse smart and do risky shit in a Virtual Machine
Or just don't execute random .exe s.

Best solution is turning off all the startup items. Can be found if you type in msconfig in the run box if you're running Windows 7 or older or in the task manager if you're running windows 8 or newer.

when I looked inside I can see two separate HDDs

SSDs are way faster, but they break faster as well.

SSD has no moving parts. It's like a giant flash drive. A regulard HDD has a spinning disc inside that takes longer to read.

Seriously another two sticks of ram and a SSD will be the most noticeable improvements you can make

if you have a PCIe slot you can get a cheap graphics card too

You may have a failing hard drive and your resources are probably being taxed. Things to look into...

- SpinRite (revitalize your hdd)
- audit of startup programs
- audit of running programs
- pre-os pc test (memory, hdd, etc.)
- lastly, overclocking current hardware

The first thing you should do is clean it out (compressed air). All systems get dirty and caked with dust, dirty systems run hot, hot systems perform poorly.

are there 3gb RAM or do I need to buy sticks with equivalent amounts

>but they break faster as well
No they don't. Maybe they did >5 years ago, but these days they're fine and even more reliable than HDDs because they can actually survive a drop.

Remove the bloatware that's installed my MicroSoft in the SYS32 folder. This will speed up the boot process and file access time.

youtube.com/watch?v=RTQsMYi7iQc

>Antiviruses are pretty shitty and useless these days
That's what I thought too until I tried 360 Total Security. It's extremely light on resources, and saved my ass many times. It has a few other useful tools, too. I highly recommend it.
No, it's common knowledge that they still do.

Yeah, what they said. HDD must seek like a record and SSD is a giant microchip, much much faster at everything but dies after several years. I've written OS's and terabytes upon terabytes to two of mine since 2013 and they still haven't died yet.

Also Skynet is best OS

>run bare minimum drivers & programs
>sync clock speed to ram cycle speed
>don't be a faggot

To know which drive if boot disk and which one you should install your most programs at, open this window. (Idk its name in english, sorry frenchfag here).
In my case, disk 1 is my boot disk but it should usually be disk 0, its just that I fucked around a bit.

Confirmed.
>done all those things except for the overclocking thing.
Shit runs really nice considering its more than 14 yrs old:

youtube.com/watch?v=xtdTvPeBSug

How do you find ram cycle speed?

Bullshit. SSD's are far superior to spinning drives, even first gens. There are Samsung and Kingston drives that have exceeded 2 petabytes of transfer and were still running strong. Claimed issues with SSD life are often due to the media installed on the drives, not the drives themselves.

I cannot count how many hdd's I've ordered in the past that were DOA, it's in the hundreds, different manfucaturers. I've never even seen an SSD fail out of the box, and I've seen less than 5 fail in production.

delet system 34

>actually recommending Norton
How many fucking times did a fix an internet connection that doesn't work by just uninstalling Norton? How many fucking times did I have to remove a virus while Norton was installed? Norton is shit.

>common knowledge
Do you have ANY sauce to back that shit up? In the meanwhile, have an SSD that survived thousands of terabytes written.
techreport.com/review/27909/the-ssd-endurance-experiment-theyre-all-dead/2
I bet you run Seagate hard drives.

they are sold as 1GB, 2GB, 4GB and so on.
before buying, check what kind of ram you have.
because you wrote: 1GB ram and two slots free. so i asume you have 2x512mb insid and i have never seen 512mb ddr3 ram, so it could be your pc has ddr2 inside.

downloadmoreram.com

cum on it

>How many fucking times did a fix an internet connection that doesn't work by just uninstalling Norton? How many fucking times did I have to remove a virus while Norton was installed? Norton is shit.
It's not Norton, though. Not even related to them.

>I bet you run Seagate hard drives.
S-so what...?

dunk it in liquid nitrogen

So from what I've gathered I should:
>Overclock
>Remove Bloatware (currently doing)
>Get SSD and additional RAM (Will have to save)
>Move programs to secondary HDD

yeah there are 4 slots in total with two being used with one slot in between them and one on the end

Uninstall shit, use CCleaner, use defrag, turn up the AC.

remove bloatware, crapware, empty recycle bin, less startup program, etc, etc.

>34

>It's not Norton, though. Not even related to them.
Every antivirus I have encountered has caused issues by itself, except for MSE/Defender. And especially Norton and McAfee are huge offenders.

S-so what...?
backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-reliability-stats-q1-2016/

3gb, should be able to find some used stuff cheap

>Overclock
Pretty much useless. Probably not even possible on your computer. Can you post a Speccy screenshot?
>Remove Bloatware (currently doing)
Good.
>Get SSD and additional RAM (Will have to save)
Good.
>Move programs to secondary HDD
If you have an SSD, put Windows and all your programs on that.

Roll back to windows 7 10 bogs down your computer with nsa spy ware.

skynet is best OS indeed

>Every antivirus I have encountered has caused issues by itself
Me too, until 360 total security. The only thing about it that I can complain about is that it can be oversensitive with files, but nothing absurd. I say you should try it, if not for you, then for someone careless who needs it.

if your BIOS is locked, you can't overclock the PC

Sorry, I'm just not going to install software on my computer from a company that I detest.

You dont simply remove norton,

I already told you, it has nothing at all to do with Norton or the company that made it.

It's quite easy really. Just download the removal tool.

You serious bro? Norton might as well be a virus, but i see they got to you, convinced you to pay 100 bucks for their shitty protection. Im not even going to insult, theres no helping you all hope is gone for you.

Welp, my bad, I had it confused with Norton 360. I still don't see how it would be better than Defender combined with an occasional MBAM scan. Viruses don't enter your computer with fancy tricks anymore. It's pretty much just fishing these days and no antivirus will protect against that.

should be visible in your bios, if not find the receipt for when you purchased your ram or find the same model on new egg and it should be in the prod description or specs

put it in the trunk of a fast moving car