Soup Sup Forums

Soup Sup Forums

I know most of you are NEET fags, but surely there are some hardworking men willing to share their opinion on work boots?

Needs:
Breathability. I have sweaty feet and it hits 115 here

Nail proof sole. Stepped on like 10 nails and screws at various job sites lately. Not sure if I really need a steel toe.

Comfort. Obvious.

Durability/repairability. Some people go thru a pair of boots every year? Wtf

Thanks in advance for any replies. Don't prune my thread you faggy mods

Other urls found in this thread:

batesfootwear.com/US/en/gx-8-desert-composite-toe-side-zip-boot/20130M.html
wiggys.com/clothing-outerwear/fire-retardant-work-wear/nomex-fire-retardant-composit-toe-pack-boots/
wiggys.com/footwear/new-lamilite-boots/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The ones in the pic are the shit. Take a minute to break in but once they do they are comfy as hell.

Ive owned caterpillar, wolverines, dr. Martens, and a couple shotty walmart ones. So far dr. Marten have been the most comfortable, though a tad bit hevy, the bottom doesnt wear uneven like most work boots and they are pretty beeathable, the stiching sucks, and if you kneel down alot the tip of the leather wears and opens from smll rocks. Like i said they are super comfortable though, like your feet wont hurt or feel sore aftrr a long day at work, and when you switch to house shoes you cant notice the difference, im gonna try red wings in about 3 months because of their suppossed tough hide

I just bought my first pair of redwings. Not worth it. Not bad boots by any stretch but not worth the $260 I spent by any means. You could get way more bang for the buck. My next boots will be Timberland Pros. I'm a pipefitter on my feet all day, every day. Long hours, so it's important to me.

Lightweight is desirable too.

>mfw every image I have is >4mb

Also a working class user. Believe it our not have had the same pair of Docs for almost 3 years and they are holding up great.

Doc actually makes real boots aswel. Not just the fashion shit you see hipsters and poser punks wearing.

That was just a stock image of red wings. Seems like the reviews are slowly getting worse on that brand.

I do a ton of kneeling and standing in rough terrain.

This is kinda how I feel but I haven't been thinking about this subject very long

Thanks for the replies.

Same /bro here. One major thing that pissed me off was when I got home, I laced em up saw made in China on the tag. Really Redwing? I paid $260 for some high quality American made boots. Not what I got. Not worth it. Again, not bad boots, but dollar for dollar, not worth it.

I've been in a trade that mandates steel toes and shanks for 15 years. I swear by Caterpillar "Derrick's" they are built tough, i buy a new pair every 3 years or so. mostly because they start to look bad, not that they become structurally unsound. Great boots

ITT: faggots,

get on my level,

Can you attest to the stitching? Other user mentioned they kinda fall apart with heavy kneeling.

Heard 3 good things about docs so far. I kinda wrote them off at first because of the reputation of not even being work boots

Nigger im working in commercial hvac, not at fucking auschwitz

I don't care 1 shit about how they look. I'm no a fashion fag when I'm pulling nails or doing drywall mudding so as long as they hold up I don't mind the finish wearing.

Nigger im working in commercial consturction, not at the fucking matrix

Thank you for this, lol

This looks the type of thing you'd wear at some homosexual Nazi orgy

Unless that's what you're into

LOL

These work bretty gud

>the reason I'm ordering a pair right now

>industrial series
I shit you not, not more than a year old
Comfortableas fuck though

What are they

Great boot but get the one without the zipper.

Those are bates lites, my son. A favorite of the Marine corps.

Doesn't this bother you? How much were they?

They look kinda tall which seems like it would be hotter. That is one of my main needs

I wear these for work and find them very comfy and they have a zipper on the side which is good. They are electrical shoes however which my work thinks I need but if I'm hit with 700 volts I doubt my shoes matter...

Marine here.
If you own 1 boot, make it a Wiggys boot.
No fucking around, best boot made. All in the insulation.

I'm a mechanic. I've had really good luck with Georgia Boots in the past. I ordered a set of Timberland Pro Pitboss boots when Amazon had the 30% off the other day to try out. My one set of Red Wings were not comfortable, looked like shot in a month (bad for a $300 pair of boots), and barely lasted a year. The Georgia Boots seem to last 2-3 years. The Timberlands will be the cheapest pair by far that I have bought in the last ten years.

Steel sole? I really need nail proof as I've picked up a lot lately

Do they get hot? Looks pretty big and heavy

Also commercial hvac. RTUs, Lieberts, and chillers. July... can't keep up. Every year...

Chippewa boots. Lasted me 2 years. On my 2nd pair

I've had the same pair of work boots now for 6 years. They look like ass but god damn are they ever still comfy as fuck. Got steel toes, steel shank, static and electricity dissipation, and comes up over the ankle just enough to stop you from wrecking your ankles and the lower shin against shit falling on it.

I wouldn't trade them for anything else, ever.

Nigger I'm working on general havoc, not suckling bitchtits

unbelievable faggots,

you just can't fill the boots your daddy wore huh?

no... it's call "comfort" and "cushioning"

no one gives a fuck about durability anymore.

no one.

No steel in this boot. But it's really light. And they have little holes that pump air in.

Whites are the best boots made. Get something made for your feet, not something off the shelf.

No stitching issues yet.

Would take a picture but they are out in my car. I can work in them all day and not feel a thing. I usually work up to 60 - 70 hours a week sometimes and no worries.

They aren't the best for water proofing though. There are definitely worse out there, but they're alright.

Yeah it fucking bothers me, i had just went through some other docs, where i made hole on the tipfrom kneeling on rocks, ibought these cause of tje hard plastic on front, but shit.... they were 150, but i cant switch, theyre just so fucking comfortable and not hot at all, i can jump off the top of my van and it wont hurt me at all, the soles and bottom of boots are well made, xcept the fucking stitching,

Red wings? You gotta earn those son

Those boots are like 10 stories high nigger did you even read the part about staying cool?

That specific boot is there original classic model. Still made in the US and durable, simple, with great stitching. Bought mine 3 years ago, so can't attest to the current model.

look no more-keen

i will, just as back ups though, they take way to long to put on,

if someone were to make a waterproof verson of this, it would be pretty much the end all be all of boots with our current technology.

I work/hike in a pair of Vasque Breeze GTX boots.

Really comfy, real durable (fell down a waterfall with a pair on and they came out unscathed), breathe really well, and they're even a little waterproof which is nice.

I don't know if they make a model that has nail proof soles since it isn't really necessary at my work; but they're great boots.

How bout them sweet oveetime and emergency calls

Clarks GSX hiking boot. I am on my third pair. Swim/run/bike/cartwheel. whatever. these will secure your mobility.

Is that a boot? When is a boot a shoe?

Nick's boots

best general purpose construction boot

>that i know of,

If you were really a working man you'd be getting em at the thrift store. We don't get paid much bud.

Chippewas. They're a tad pricey but they'll last you a lifetime.

You really want/need leather half way up your calf?

I've had higher boots and I definitely prefer a lower cut. They're more comfortable and they give you better mobility.

I have some amazing red wings steel toe that lasted 3 years most comfy boots on this planet

Timberland Pros

Residential HVAC, great to work in, just ok to drive in.

Worth the price.

These are the last work boots I bought, I like them.

batesfootwear.com/US/en/gx-8-desert-composite-toe-side-zip-boot/20130M.html

Boatman here

How are those attics treating you fellow hvac fag

Piss on them.
You've never walked in a man's bootees until you've pissed on them.
Famous quote.

Jesus.

If you work on an oil rig in the arctic: wiggys.com/clothing-outerwear/fire-retardant-work-wear/nomex-fire-retardant-composit-toe-pack-boots/

These look nice though.
wiggys.com/footwear/new-lamilite-boots/

Used to wear redwings. Gave canada west boots a try and will never go back. I never buy boots with any sort of lining in them. Shit just collects sweat and starts to smell and rips within 6 months. Unlined leather boots are the best. Water proof boots aren't worth it. Better off getting a separate pair of rubber work boots of you need them. Been wearing steel toes for 14 years and my best advice is avoid cheap shit and buy something made in the USA, Canada or uk.

>whatever

Protection is to be considered on my part.

I am a laborer in northern California. I post my skill set online and accept work as they call in. I am currently charging 16 bucks an hour for any work. Would also love some input on how expensive other laborer or tradesmen are comparitively

Get a pair of slip on red wings with wiggle room all around your foot. Used mine on oil rigs and now as a factory inspector. Get leather and get mink oil and take care of them they will last forever. I've walked through streams mud shit and more and never noticed they are good to go.

Nail proof sole doesn't really exist, sharpened steel spikes go through anything except steel plate, not a comfortable insole.

Breathable is also going to be tough in common workbooots.

Best factory produced boots are probably the Red Wing Heritage brand. These are the USA made versions of the classic Redwing designs. Mass production was shipped to China, but angry blowback caused them to open their US factory back up in a limited capacity. Choose your soles according to what you walk on most of the time. If its dirt, go with knobby style, if its mostly pavement or concrete, go with the white vibram stuff. Most important, don't buy them online. Haul your ass into a boot store and buy them.

There are also high end custom boots, look at brands like White's and Nick's. These are custom made to your feet. You are putting $500+ on them, but they are by far the best fit/ quality that can be had. Used quite a lot by smoke jumpers, loggers, woodland firefighters, etc, guys that really push their equipment and depend on it to keep them alive and working.

Are you gonna invade Poland in those boots?

hows the men's bathroom treating you

I sold work boots for 6 years, then spent the last 7 years needing them for my own job. The thing about "durability" is it really depends on the user. I've personally gone through a pair of 165 dollar wolverines in 6 months of hard work, and it took 3 years to wear out my 80 dollar caterpillar brand boots. The wolverines were much more comfortable, but the durability was from the type of job I was doing at the times I had them.

In the last 16 years I've never heard anybody actually happy to have bought redwings.

What does NEWT mean?

>not valuing durability
Voting with your $ fir poorly made disposable garbage
Youre a shit human being
Go live in china.

If you work around water, get boots with goretex/exodry. Walking with wet feet fucking sucks.

Mine have a kevlar sole and carbon toes. They're light compared to other metal toe/sole boots.
And get kevlar laces. It might sound stupid just like that, but I used to go through 3-4 pair of laces and year and now I'm going on my second year with the kevlar laces and they still look brand new (without the dirt and mud of course).
>his boss doesn't pay his boots
Stop working for burnouts, guy.

>I never buy boots with any sort of lining in them.

preach it brother,

commercial HVAC here.
redwings have been the best so far. i have the goretex insulated ones for winter standing in snow up on roofs all day and they are great. comfortable all day too.

looking at getting another pair for summer that breathe more cause my blundstones are shit

Depends if its a condo or not, I'm in comfy cool crawlspaces replacing capacitors left and right.

Same.
Except my boat is a little waterlogged m16.

Still gotta keep the white soles on though.

I swear by redwing boots. Been wearing then for years. I can usually wear one pair for 2-3 years and the soles usually wear out before the leather. Pic related. Is my current pair.

How much does each boot weigh?

I'm not sure about what specific brands.Spend as much as you can and make sure they have cushioned soles. Durability does not exist but comfort does. Get good thick socks aswell.

72 hours last week. On pace for about the same. So sick of Server rooms melting down, cotton wood blankets, and people bitching about the price of R22. Looks like next week is gonna hit the 100s. Gonna be the busiest week yet.

Top Zozzle

Whitecollarfag here my shoes smell like death help!

Thats why we use wiggys. Only insulation that actually does what its suppoosed to.

When im not sucking cock in a mens restroom im in an attic changing evp coils, capacitors, and blower motors, sometimes boards too, but those are rear

STC
>canadafag

Footwear salesman here

Chinook Tarantula around 100 bucks depending on store.
Durable, the inner part of the shoe has a breathable mesh inside and it stops sweating up to a point.
its a steel toe with a 2400lb of pressure resistance.

Those are called sneakers you dumb fuck

Construction in Jersey. i make 15/hr. Boss makes closer to 80/hr

Lucky bastard, deep south texas here, no crawlsaces, straight inferno in there

Worked with my father's contracting business for years and gone through various brands and styles of work boots. The higher end Dakota boots are usually most comfortable but there don't last all. All I basically look for is something with a steel toe and shank (regulations here in Canada). It's the steel shank that makes them nail proof. Really expensive ones use carbon fiber in place of steel

i have rubber boots for camping and fucking around in the river. I need to buy a good pair of paintballing footwear, I hate the sand everywhere and fucking up my good shoes everytime I go.

you all are just fucking jealous that my boots are crazy durable, provide ankle support, protection, DON'T HAVE BULLSHIT FABRIC LINING IN THEM and only look better with age,

you keep it up with your bullshit 8 inch fabric and fake leather tennis shoes disguised as boots.

Only way to stop footwear from getting stinky long term is to never wear the same pair two days in a row. If they never dry out properly they will start to get funky.

steel toes are to protect your foor incase you kick something sharp
they do not protect from things falling

I work engineering at a plant and wear a pair of Timberland Pros. They're great, don't even feel different from any other shoe. Only complaint is they're a fucking nightmare to drive more than 2 hours in (fucks up your heel). I have an hour commute though and that doesn't bother me at all.

Frye are the most comfortable but don't last for shit. I think they're no longer made for work but instead purely style.
Redwing Heritage are the most durable but you have to beat the shit out of them to break them in.
Wolverine are comfortable and durable for less than half the price of the other two. Buy them knowing they're basically a disposable item.
Caterpillar the same as above
Cole Haan comfortable as shit, more durable than Frye and stylish as fuck. Probably don't want to wear if you're worried about scuffing your boots

Probably any ~100-150 dollar boot would suffice if you want to replace them every few months.

Only the Redwing Heritage line is made in america. Expect to pay 300 plus for the real Redwing

They are actually pretty good quality hiking boots (I owned a pair I would do multi week hikes in), but they are definitely not real work boots.

I work farm labor on a farm in California for $11 an hour. New boots are a must, fag

I work 11 hours a day for Canadian min wage. I do anything from roofing to flooring to just general labour. I'm as typical a working man as it gets.

Footwear salesman means you've never worked in said work boots at a labor job.

Your opinion is merely corporate advertisement dribble tour store pushed.

Go outside. The men are talking.

Ismnstrumentation technician. 45 an hour.