Pokemon GO! Tip thread

Pokemon GO! Tip thread.

Op here and my fat ass got the starters at least

Use a lucky egg once you can evolve a shit ton of common Pokemon to level up faster.

What is special about lucky eggs?

Double xp

Almost have a gyrados

Jesus that cost

What level are you and how much do you play?

Check your goddamn voicemail.

17 and I usually play like an hour in a popular spot every other day

I love in a small town without very many pokestops so it's harder for me

Yeah bro, it's almost impossible to play where I live. Always have to travel

Lvl 19 fag here, just dont evolve anything util you have 20 or more, pop lucky egg, evolve everything. Typically when i do this i sit at a lured pokestop and catch everything too.

Same here, I chill by 3 poke stops and get 300xp plus 200 every Pokemon and 1k for every evolution

I live in a town of 300 :< one pokestop, no gyms

HAIL MYSTIC

Whats everyones km counter at? Sitting at 72.1

Hell yea, we run riverfront in my town, solid 6 gyms and 20 pokestops, 3 gyms and 6 stops within 5 min walking lap.

Time to move my nigga

I have a lot of trouble catching things in popular spots; the game keeps locking up while catching.

I also regret not getting this game at launch...

>live in a big town or city
>profit

well, one fucking shithole with less than 200 people living there magically has 5 POIs, total bs, but they got 2 gyms and 3 stops, while my 2k pop town has only 1 gym and 1 stop

Yeah I think the traffic of people playing crashes the app. I try to go into a store with a couple pokestops within the radar and just farm items. I stray away from crowds to capture

Is it even possible for somebody who started a week late to catch up?

if the servers run then the game bugs, always something not working for me

>I also regret not getting this game at launch...
i have since the apk was available online and it nothing gained form it, servers were and still are shit, also more bugs than now

Yea, you just need to use the lucky egg technique

its kansas, its like that every where

Marma is that you? Salty fuck

ive been playing since day one and only level 5, small town, one pokestop and no good spawns

I've been playing all along and you have rarer pokes than me tbh

Does anyone live in the Murfreesboro Tennessee area? In the metro downtown area there is like 8 pokestops in a 5 block wide radius and 3 gyms. I was wondering if there were any Sup Forumsros in the area who would want to meet up there.

I am criminally underleveled compared to the rest of town, even optimizing my XP gains. I wanted to wait a couple versions down the road but it'd be even worse then. As it is, I see people's screenshots and am upset I haven't put in the time to get good...

Here's my shitty lineup. I'm a level 9 and I consider myself the least fortunate Pokémon trainer out there. Everytime I encounter something good the game glitches or freezes know catch. Or of course, I'm out of balls, because all PokeStops are miles away.

...better call paul... although that pikachu is legit.

underage banned

Pokemon is getting even Sup Forumstards out of the house to talk to other people, holy fuck.

protip, your not out of balls due to lack of pokestops, just blame the lack of balls on biology

The problem is I've used up all but 2 pokeballs with the closest stop from home being two blocks into the ghetto
>would take caps but pic related

I have been 3 days. By a week I might have a gyrados too.

Anyone have any tips on tracking pokemon down using the radar?

weird, just caught a tentacool on my couch using incense...

never seen one before..

anyone encounter a ditto? have yet to see one, or meet someone who's seen one...

Ton of eevee around me. Play about an hour a day. Level 19

Hopefully you'll get a magikarp with better stats, if not you'll end up with some weak ass gyarados

guys... what if none of us have encountered any unique pokemon...

what if they're ALL DITTOS IN DISGUISE?!>

Canadafag here, I can't buy lucky eggs and the closest pokestop is 2km. Started on the 7th and still level 7. :(

About to get my evee enough candy to evolve. Do you choose which evolution you have or is it random?

you'll get a few lucky eggs for leveling... I think at 10?

just keep catching crap like weevils and pidgies, save up the candies, then when you hit the level that gives you the egg you can bust out a SHITLOAD of xp by evolving and dumping the common pokemon

Finally caught my first poke. Nothing special. Just a zubat

Random

it's random... for the first one... all the next will end up being the same even if it's supposed to be random because fuck you thats why

if you weren't in a cave it doesn't count....

Wh..what is that at the bottom of the screen

Here's my team right now. Been grinding on campus like mad for a few days.

Compare HP with this "higher level"

At what CP should you evolve pokemon?

awww :(
I'm from a place where pokemon GO hasnt been released yet

Is it hard to evolve starters or something? I never see charizards or venusaurs or blastoise on these threads

I'm sure he will, got like 70 carps to go

After level 20

Fuck yeah. Not counting pikachu, I have seen a total of 1 of the starters since I got mine.

Consider that evolution will give you in average +100 CP

I saw people talking about how evolving at 100 ish CP will get the pokemon to 400-500 cp, but if you do it at 200 ish they will end up at 700-800

i found a link to the electric lighters that u can use as a tazer chargelighters.com and a discount code is 'charge4882'

Don't you have to boost em till they reach their max CP? Then evolve em to get the very best CP for the new one?

CP capacity increases with your trainer's level. You should evolve if you feels comfortable with that particular pokemon although you should wait as it becomes more and more common to find an evolved pokemon in the wild with good cp

Bullshit My evee went from 505 to 1250

Trips says the truth
You will always find higher level pokemon after you keep leveling up. Is a waste of stardust.

I figured already evolved pokemon were shitty. Seems like the base forms are never too far behind, so when you evolve them they should end up alot stronger.

Damn amateurs. Level 22.

Yep. Walk in a straight line for 100 meters, if the steps increase, turn around and go the other way. If the steps decrease keep going that way. If the steps decrease then increase, travel back to the midpoint and walk at a 90 degree angle either way, if it increases turn around. Then catch that bastard. Pretty easy.

tl;dr use basic triangulation

(If you can get a friend to play with you it drastically speeds this process up)

Evee everywhere

Why can you get fucking eevee out of 10 KM eggs when eevee is so god damn common?

jesus in enough gyms?

on a side note is their an upper limit to how high a level you can get a gym, I know I've seen a 5 pokemon gym.. pretty sure I saw a 6 one as well..

looks like youre in the same boat as me, lvl 22 with no top tier pokemon to dump all their dusts into eh?

because life is hard user...

I'm in 14 gyms, also I think the limit is prestige 10 but I'm not sure.

Highest I've seen is 8

That's an eevee

How many coins do you get for controlling a gym?

10/day/gym

how many pounds have you lost

don't the bonuses cap at 10 gyms? or are the extra just insurance against getting inconveniently kicked out?

Spoofer

It's extra insurance, my town is small with a lot of churches so I ended up with a lot of gyms and a lot of bad players.

Porygod here

I dont think im doing too bad as a lvl.11
Team instinct too

lucky, nearest gym to me is across the street from a pokestop and both are in range of an appartment building... decently sure theirs a group of people in their camping it, always have the same pokemon in the gym and they take it back in about an hour any time I've kicked em out...

How small is your town?

Woo! H5 fellow instinkt bro.

feeling a bit out numbered in my area :(

>team mystic
lol more like team cuck. west side team valor nigga LA represent

You wish you had a Rapidash this tiny

So im level 9 and my best is a CP 356 Jolteon. I suck at the game and i dont know what to do next. Just power up mons and evolve i assume? I cant find good mons anywhere.

I have to drive around for like half an hour after work every day to keep them all in check, but yeah it's a pretty nice deal.

I'd give up if one was near a residence like that, I know if I lived on top of one I'd make sure it was claimed while I was home

Should you raise level to max, then evolve, or does it not matter?

how is it so light?

I'm 23 fag, and who cares I've been on Sup Forums since I was 15. I get more pussy in a week than you'll ever get in your life. KYS

Faggot

>being a cuck playing pokemon go
>never played ingress

fucking plebs