Were we actually supposed to sympathize with him and want him to succeed...

Were we actually supposed to sympathize with him and want him to succeed? He's a fucking entitled lazy asshole sleezebag, a terrible friend, a terrible boyfriend, a terrible student and a terrible son that uses everyone around him and doesn't care about the consequences.
I was actually rooting for Rooney.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JZ3O9NFJIS0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I really do resent this movie because of how perfect Ferris' life is

He doesn't exist.

He is Cameron's Tyler Durden.

Yeah, if he were some poor kid under constant pressure at home and school that just wants to run away from it all for one day I could understand.
But the asshole wants a day off just cuz' (and it's not even the first time) and then forces his girlfriend and "best friend" to go along. And then makes the entire school think he's dying for shits and giggles.

We aren't supposed to sympathize with him, we are supposed to sympathize with Cameron or jean. Ferris is nothing but a youthful ideal

haha! epic theory!!!!

*thumbs up*

You fuckers need to take it easy. It's high school. As long as you do well enough to get into the college of your choice you can be as lazy as you want. I took plenty of days off just because I wanted to have fun. School is monotonous and a drag, regardless of how easy your life is.

There's a difference between just skipping school and what Ferris did.
Cameron will be lucky if his dad doesn't kill him for destroying the car that Ferris basically forced him into using because he felt like it.

Cameron disliked his fathers attitude, and at the end he even was accepting of what happened because he was finally going to talk back to his father. It turned out for the better because Cameron finally had the courage to tell his father how he felt. Yeah, it might've been kinda selfish but it worked out.

I didn't sympasize with him at all since it was an insultingly unfunny movie
>lip synch singing at the band, haha so crazy! how cool!
>strike funny poses at the art museum!
>don't fuck with my dads car! grrr I'm mad, I smash it!
Fuck this shit movie, I guess since it was the 80s there was a lower standard for humor and intelligence. Also Mathew Roderick is a murderer and I hope he gets his face caved in.

I rooted for the sister.

Ferris is encouraging the meek Cameron. Cameron is literally growing as a person because Ferris is his best friend.

There are ways of encouraging people that don't involve thousands of dollars in property damage

It's just a film.

You guys missed the point entirely. Your up tight attitude is why Ferris succeeds at everything and you don't.

flick*

No, Ferris succeeds at everything because everyone around him is a gullible moron excpet Rooney and his sister (who by the end embraces the Ferris). Also because his parents are rich.

youtube.com/watch?v=JZ3O9NFJIS0

>This brings new power to the scene with Cameron and the painting and the theory that he is alone and Ferris is his imagination. He wants friends, he wants someone to love him.

>"lord knows it would be the first time" (as Ferris and Sloan kiss, it could be Cameron's first kiss)
>"please please please, let me get what I want..." (again playing as Ferris and Sloan are kissing. Cameron wants nothing more than to be loved)

hmm........

>Cameron will be lucky if his dad doesn't kill him for destroying the car that Ferris basically forced him into using because he felt like it.

>implying cameron's dad didn't kill him when he came home

Just look at that fucking jacket. That's an asshole jacket. Seriously fuck this guy.

In the time it took you to make this bitter post, Ferris made ten new friends and had a wild time cavorting about the city with them getting in awesome new adventures.

You don't have to write, just the url

Reminder that the only reason Ferris could afford to do all the shit he did that day was because he stole the money from his parents.

It's basically a lithmus test for normalcy

If you can just enjoy the movie and think its a good time, then you're a normal person (because that's what the movie is supposed to be, a "hang out", just a day with these characters, no real strong plot or anything). Let me clarify that you don't need to specifically love Ferris to enjoy the film. He is indeed a bit of a cunt but he is also fun, much like people in real life.

If you didn't like it and found Ferris unbearable, you were bullied in High School (by people like him) or were otherwise just an extreme outcast or have autism

You sound like a naive college undergrad or a middle aged hippy that never accomplished anything significant in your life.

Normal people are boring with boring lives who never develop or think outside the box

>if you can think for yourself you're autistic XDDD

Fuck off. Anyone who can enjoy this wish fulfillment shit is a retard.

Anyone who succeeds at fucking the school system over is a hero in my book. It's state prison for the innocent. Just because everyone has to go doesn't make it right.

>If you didn't like it and found Ferris unbearable, you were bullied in High School (by people like him) or were otherwise just an extreme outcast or have autism

Not at all. I hate him because of his unrelenting arrogance. I try my best to avoid people like him in real life.

Confirmed for being a High School drop-out

autistic bullied manchildren detected

do you guys even smoke smokes?

You act like it was Ferris who destroyed the car.

please don't bully me

I'm neither, but I'm capable of understanding the basic concept of Ferris Beuller's Day Off which is more than you can say.

Unfortunately I didn't have that kind of courage. I didn't even succeed at dropping out of college and now have a worthless bachelor's degree to add to my worthless high school degree.

But whatever. A master's degree is the new high school diploma, amirite?

Ur stupid

nerd

hello Sup Forums

>do you guys even smoke smokes?

Oh look, it's a 14 years old degenerate who thinks smoking is cool.

High school drop out
Law school graduate

kek. defying stereotypes since forever

He killed Camerons Dad so Cameron would inherit the ferrari so he could take it from Cameron and fuck Slone in itt

Wouldn' Sup Forums admire Ferris?

>Dumb
>Lazy
>Retarded
>Useless
>Not beneficial to society in any capacity

I doubt it

He isn't dumb, he knows how to play people like a fiddle and can hack the school's computer system, but agreed on everything else

>He's an autistic child that never tried smoking

>Normal people are boring with boring lives who never develop or think outside the box
said every person

>2016
>doesn't smoke smokes

Were you bullied at school, or are you a manchild, or both?

Sup Forums here, Ferris is based. I love egomaniacs. Tearing arrogant people down when they're objectively better than you is beta behavior.

He was molested by his principal, so I feel a little bad for him

I vape like a sir

No

this some ebin irony

It's classic 'it's your fault you're not happy'-core

It's not a fun movie for people who don't feel they're getting the most out of life, Ferris is a naturally fun person that people like and that's something very easy to envy, especially when the flick's advice is 'dude stop giving a fuck bro just turn off your brain in life bro'

Ferris's soul objective the entire movie was to make sure Cameron didn't marry a bitch who'd make him miserable and steal half his money. He did nothing wrong.

No, it's what you would expect that guy to say. He wasn't going to post it so I did. It's not irony.

The movie is really more about Cameron's growth. Ferris is just there for the hi-jinx

I thought it was funny, but I'm an oldfag that watched it in high school. Maybe it hasn't aged well.

American public schools are generally shit so it was hard for me to get mad at him. I definitely had sympathy for Rooney though.

yeah the guy was just doing his job

How is this in any way Sup Forums? Because Broderick is Jewish, so it's anti-semitic to criticise CHARACTERS that he played?

you had to be there when it came out
defined the attitude of a generation
quintessential 80's

Cool, funny, rich, rule breaker

not surprised it doesn't work in today's culture

Yeah, I don't really like most 80s comedies starring young people (or old actors pretending to be young people), there's just something about them

it was the beginning of youth culture/worship

what about back to the future?

All of Broderick's characters seem to be protagonists that we're supposed to root for, but would actually be horrible people IRL.

Saw a bit of Wargames at a friend's place the other day. This fucker thinks he may have accidentally started a nuclear war, and his first concern is that he'll get in trouble for a bit of hacking. Instead of coming clean and trying to avert the death of billions of people, he starts trying to cover his tracks. Literally worse than Hitler.

That one was mostly set in the 50s, so the way youths were portrayed was different

Yeah, it's coyote and roadrunner. You recognize coyote is the aggressor but your sympathies are still primarily with him because he's so damned hopeless.

The movie was about getting Cameron to come out of his shell before it was too late. There was a deleted scene with Charlie Sheen explaining that he used to be good friends with Ferris Bueller and that Ferris tried to help him like he's trying with with Cameron but failed, which is why Charlie Sheen's character turned out the way he did. Jeanie now learning this begins to warm up to Ferris and is why she saves him in the end. Why did they remove this scene is beyond me. It was pretty critical to the plot.

Project X?

anyone every do a study of Broderick's early films?

>that scene where he makes fun of his teacher's wife

That scene was supposed to be funny but I found it disrespectful.

Charlie Sheen's character was a delinquent, nothing to do with Cameron's situation