New Every Frame A Painting vid is pretty comfy. Anyone know any other great Youtube channels about film making?

New Every Frame A Painting vid is pretty comfy. Anyone know any other great Youtube channels about film making?

youtube.com/watch?v=3Q3eITC01Fg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wcs61qEcK3k
youtube.com/watch?v=MwjPKUTFjSo
vimeo.com/channels/directorsseries
youtube.com/watch?v=YLBXZzHZ1yE
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBcq3pGKRIS1z9OEVSPkr5IRQZ9lhoipA
youtube.com/watch?v=1rbFqkwwPpE
youtube.com/watch?v=l3fzFUs-hYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This guy is a cunt. And a loser.

He should of had his channel running for longer before he started patreon. But since he didn't, he's stuck making this super time-intensive videos once every few months.

It's clear he only started the channel to make money.

His channel sucks and appeals to idiots that have never even held a camera but consider themselves knowledgeable about film.

Now You See It is okay. Closest to this I can find.

>user just now realized that all forms of television are ploys to sell commercials and make money
profound.

>"I've been editing professionally for 10 years."
Not a single movie under his belt or an imdb profile. Fucking dweeb.

>It's clear he only started to work to make money.

Wow, what a loser.

>never even held a camera but consider themselves knowledgeable about film.
Kinda like YMS? He wants to be a famous director, but he doesn't make any films! He needs to stop wasting time with his out-of-touch hyper-theoretical film criticism and actually go out there and get some practical skills.

I can tell YMS's videos that he's probably never set foot on set in his life. When he does start making movies, they'll suck ass but he'll think they're the best movies ever because there's no "plot holes".

>great Youtube channels
Neck yourself

While his videos are interesting, the guy is a massive cuck and incredibly unlikable.

He's just a guy who likes movies. Is this a personal thing? Do you need someone to talk to?

Cinema Tyler

he doesn't have a whole lot of videos at this point but he's done a great in-depth analysis of Dog Day Afternoon

youtube.com/watch?v=Wcs61qEcK3k

youtube.com/watch?v=MwjPKUTFjSo

vimeo.com/channels/directorsseries

Here you go OP, its on the same level as every frame a painting.

>That ant-man scene

My fucking sides

>People who make commercials are greedy too!
>therefore it's completely okay for EFAP be a sheckle chasing cunt

Wow dude thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Yeah man he is a fucking loser. If you can't see that congratulations on being retarded.

He's the lowest peg of this society. He's life is meaningless because it's based around money. He will die with the most regrets. He will hurt everyone he comes across with his poor standard of living. He does it for money, and that's why he is a loser.

Oliver Harper has a great channel and a series called retrospective where he looks back on older movies. This one about Blade Runner is great:

youtube.com/watch?v=YLBXZzHZ1yE

Gotta say thanks for these

YMS is a joke and he rarely if ever demonstrates to have a deeper understanding of film than the average film-enthusiast. His target audience is basically kids who don't know shit about movies and accept things like The Dark Knight being on your top 10 lists without question. He almost certainly had no real interest in film prior to seeing the Plinkett reviews, after which he copied that style very strongly and started his own commentary, which in the earlier videos is basically pointing out inconsistencies and flaws rather than actual critique. The very definition of a hack. Also seemingly makes more videos explaining why he is so stressed and shitty at making videos despite being paid thousands of dollars to do so on a monthly basis rather than actually uploading proper content.

So, uh, do you have some personal beef with this guy or what?

>bringing up Adam out of fucking nowhere
Sorry Goi, but 'Megan is Missing' was shit.

He plans on making shorts before a full feature, and there's NO WAY they're going to be anywhere near as bad as other YouTuber's films were; he knows too much about story, character, editing etc.

Also, can you only criticize a film if you've made one? Does Uwe Boll have more knowledge on film, and is his opinion more important than Tony from EFP?

Ager is interesting, though he's literally insane.

His analysis is totally divot of anything about emotion or style. Its like it doesn't exist in his world. And he is obsessed with hidden themes and messages, like its somehow the most important thing in a movie.

>He plans on making shorts before a full feature

Okay, here's my real problem with YMS: If he was really meant to be a director in life, he should have an unstoppable burning passion forcing him to make movies. Steven Spielberg started making films at age 13. YMS should have so much filmmaking spirit that he goes out there every weekend with his friends and make short films. Even if he knows the film will turn out terrible, no force on earth or heaven should stop him from making the film. But he doesn't. Instead he "plans" on making shorts. Instead he makes YouTube film reviews. He should be a film critic. That seems to be his calling more than filmmaking.

>Also, can you only criticize a film if you've made one?

I don't mean that. He wants to make films, and I'm saying he needs to start practising making films because writing a film review and writing a film script aren't even in the same universe.

>His target audience is basically kids who don't know shit about movies and accept things like The Dark Knight being on your top 10 lists without question
What should we question? Adam usually dislikes Blockbusters/ComicBookMovies, which is why so many average film-enthusiasts hate him. He's also, constantly, called a hipster for liking documentaries, foreign and independent films. If he put the Dark Knight on his Top "10" of the year, he genuinely believes its good. He did give reasons, you know?

What would it take for you to realize he has a deeper understanding of film than the average film-enthusiast? Making analytical videos like EFaP or Channel Criswell?

Out of the YT reviewers (Stuckmann, Jahns, Schmoes, RLM) his opinion is the one I value the most. I'm one of his few fans who subscribed to him, not for his YMS videos, but for his quickies, and Top Ten lists. I do wish he'd spend more time on why he thought a film was good or bad, but it's still clear to me he's pretty knowledgeable on the subject.

You value YMS or RLM? Why?

Over RLM?

People who say he's a hipster are fucking wrong. He'll hardly touch anything made before the year 1970. It's fucking embarrassing. He thinks old movies are objectively worse, when actually you just have to get used to them. Old movies are a different style, and you can get so much enjoyment and insight from them. YMS says that there are so many new movies coming out that watching old movies is a waste of his time. Bro what? The old movies that have survived this long have proven themselves, most of the movies that come out nowadays YMS gives a shitting IMDb rating to anyway.

He wants to be a filmmaker, but hasn't seen any Fritz Lang, Alfred Hitchcock, Andrei Tarkovsky, Ingmar Bergman, Robert Bresson, Akira Kurosawa, hasn't seen Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Sunset Blvd etc... Yeah dude good luck looking like an artsy film director at hollywood parties and saying you've never seen Hitchcock.

I like his videos. I know nothing about him and I want to keep it that way.

>his opinion is the one I value the most.
Mate, he's never even watched the greatest movies of all time. You're retarded.

While I like him and his videos, I think that he spends too much time recounting the story and droning on about obvious facts. He could make them much more interesting by condensing the interesting stuff into half the runtime. But I guess it's his style. I like to sort of play his stuff in the background of do some menial bullshit tasks while listening and half watching.

I get what you mean, yet lots of famous directors made their first feature in their 30s, 40s or 50s.

However given that he puts in the effort to create content for his own YT channel and fancies himself a "critic" and everything, he probably should be shooting stuff already, yes.

I found this guy a while ago. He seems to know a thing or two Editorials/Opinion Pieces: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBcq3pGKRIS1z9OEVSPkr5IRQZ9lhoipA

His choices for foreign and independent films are generally recent, and not obscure at all outside of the American mainstream. He seems to revel in appearing "cultured" and hipstery, and it gives a certain sense of unpleasant arrogance (look how eclectic and obscure my tastes are), without any actual merit for it, as his tastes aren't nearly as unique as he seems to think they are. Liking Haneke isn't revolutionary or unique, he is one of the most famous arthouse directors of all time.

Lets not forget that he basically ignores films that haven't been made in the last ~20 years, and could in no way point out influences or similarities, or what directors have been influenced by, unlike some of the more knowledgeable Youtube film people. What this means is that he essentially has no context or foundation to base his opinions on as he seemingly knows fuck all about actual film history itself, and his opinions are only appearing to be in-depth within the context of modern American pop culture.

Also within the context of youtube and his fanbase, the "average film enthusiast" is a teenager who has maybe just graduated from liking superhero movies and has maybe watched Tarantino, PTA and Scorsese movies.

>valuing the opinion of an animal fucker who vehemently defends the practice of sexual acts with animals in pubic forums

YMS revels in the intellectual idea of making films and its basically mental masturbation over the idea of one day making a film, despite never truly having a burning passion for it.

He doesn't actually have anything to say or anything to convey, which is the typical reviewer/teacher type of person.

And just because you know a lot of about film, doesn't mean you are going to make a great or even good one. Especially if you have nothing to say and no deeper themes you wish to explore. Refer to: RLM. Fuck, even established famous directors with creative control end up fucking up quite often so its not like some youtube furry who deconstructs modern movies on youtube is magically gonna have the touch to make a good movie just because he watches a lot of them. Even Tarantinos first picture is a load of dogshit and he is autism and filmwatching personified. Reservoir Dogs was largely held together by a good and tight (ripoff) script and learning that you can hire people to make your movies appear more professional.

Hey, Adam. If you come near my dogs I'll shoot you.

Channel Criswell
youtube.com/watch?v=1rbFqkwwPpE

Can you stop shilling that shit every day please?

He has posted some opinions on feminism and women.
That user is likely triggered because Tony doesn't think all women are worthless whores.
Ignore him he is a Sup Forumsirgin.

Brows Held High

Wow, spoken like a true autist. Why so mad?

stop negative shilling please

is this guy the same cunt who does those "arthouse" movie reviews and it's shit like the wolf of wall street and snowpiercer?
that shit makes my ufcking blood boil
every single reviewer on youtube is pure pleb who think that they are patrician, esp YMS and chris stuckmann

the only film reviewer with any decent film knowledge is filmo99

No, he doesn't do movie reviews.

He PLANS on getting money together, so he can make shorts, and if it all works out, he'll move on to making a feature. It's seems smart to me, and I'm SURE he's created films as a kid; just because he hasn't released them, doesn't mean they don't exist. Also, that burning passion stuff is BS. Kubrick didn't get into film until AFTER he got into photography, and he was definitely older than 13. I'm sure the majority of great filmmakers didn't have that burning passion as children; you just hear about the ones that do because they're nice little stories.

>He'll hardly touch anything made before 1970
Are you implying that you're a hipster if you watch anything made before 1970?

And when has he EVER said "old movies are objectively worse"? Someone asked him on a podcast he was on, if he believed movies were better now, and he didn't give a clear answer. He said acting is definitely better (which is a fact), but nothing on if movies overall were. I DO wish he'd watch more classic films, and I'm sure he will eventually, but not having viewed them doesn't make his opinion worthless. I still feel he knows his shit.

What are they? He has seen SOME classics, and I agree he should see WAY more, but I still trust his opinion.

yeh its this pretentious cunt
youtube.com/watch?v=l3fzFUs-hYM

go to bed adam
ur reviews r trash

it's pretty good
only plebs hate it

I'm not saying his opinion as a critic is worthless. He might very well be knowledgeable about story, characters, acting, directing, cinematography, and production design. But if he ever made a movie one day it would be unwatchable boring garbage.

Getting money together? Is he an idiot? It's been the case for many years that you can make a film for $0.00. Step 1: film your dumbass friends. Step 2: add music. Done. I can tell by the way he critiques movies that he doesn't know what it's like to be on set and direct actors.

Kubrick didn't KNOW he wanted to be a director yet, he wanted to be a photographer so that's what he did. Once Kubrick knew he wanted to be a filmmaker, he made films by any means necessary. Whereas YMS KNOWS he wants to be a film director, yet he just dreams about it and procrastinates taking the first step cause "muh money". I'm not saying they need to have the passion as kids, I'm just saying they need to make their own films if they're in a position like YMS.

>only plebs hate
only plebs who think they are into 'cinema' like it.
seriously it's so entry level it hurts
it's like the people who watch it think david fincher is the height of cinema

WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO LIKE THINGS THAT ARE POPULAR

REEEEEEEEEEE

You're not impressing anyone

not what i said at all
but way to project