Hard to understand movies.... or movies about mental ilness.. these are my favorites... so give me your best shot

Hard to understand movies.... or movies about mental ilness.. these are my favorites... so give me your best shot...

its kind of a funny story is a good movie about depression

ill check it out

it's psychosis and time space wormholes

Does John dies at the end count? I always thought vanilla sky was a masterpiece but people always seem to argue against it. Also, the cell.

>the cell
so underrated

>Does John dies at the end
damn

Yeah this is my area of movies but I've had a long fucking day and can't really think straight so that's what I got for now. Bug is watchable too.

I'll check the john guy... i watched the call already ... btw i forgot about a butterfly effect and shutter island...you should watch them if you didnt already... must not forget about A beautiful mind

i meant the cell

DONNIE DARKO IS ABOUT INVENTIONS YOU IDIOTS

Our creations last the test of time. The good we do can send a message to future generations. Its about the VEHICLE, even though our bodies are temporary.

Gretchen Ross ugh

I was actually going to suggest shutter Island. God there's a movie like that I almost remember but it keeps escaping me. I'll bump randomly in hopes that I can remember more for you. I've started in on some beer so maybe that'll relax my brain and get it working properly again. What about vanilla sky?

Vanilla sky, i haven't watched this one yet... will check imdb now ... Beer is a good thing to start a day i guess... but i started it with alot of weed... so i need to find some epic movie to watch and to test my brains... im sick of bad movies wasting my time... with bad acting and stupid story... =)

One of my favorite movies right here
love Nolan's work

Voices with ryan reynolds is rather messed up and about mental health issues. I loved flowers but that was a tv show here in the uk, really dark surreal comedy

This one

Watched it, good movie.. i liked it .. specialy the end

Possession. Beyond crazy.

More drugs than mental illness. Hella good movie, although I really feel like it doesn't make sense without reading the book first.

Already downloading it

I watched it in spanish. What is the native language to the film?

Good film. I like and enjoy hard psychological thrillers.

How unrealistic is from 1-10

I was going for the hard to understand aspect.
Also, I didn't know there is a book. Good to know. Thanks user

Exacly... HARD psychological thrillers... thats what i like the most too ... where u actualy have to think and watch it very good ...

Native language was english

There's a sequel too, This Book Is Full Of Spiders. JDatE is much, much better though.

you wont believe how well they translated it.

The book and the sequil were amazing

I second Voices with Ryan Reynolds.

As for hard to understand, I'd strongly suggest Revolver with Jason Statham.

Roman polanskis repulsion is a great study on the unfit mind

Just downloaded the book. Will start to read it soon
Thanks for the info

filth

go watch it it's on netdix

Jacob's Ladder

Primer is great for hard to understand and doesnt baby you or hold your hand through it

Bad boy bubba

>Revolver
Thanks, im downloading it

"YOU WROTE THAT SHIT ON THE WALL!"
"DID I FUCK? IT WAS PROBABLY YA FUCKING BOYFRIEND!"

>Primer
great mindfuck movie

Thought i was the only one who knew about this ......how about visitor q

Good and hard to understand yeah

I work overnight so I'm ending long night. But yeah vanilla sky is good. Surprised you never heard of John dies at the end. Also if you get bored and you're streaming or whatever a TV show called black mirror has variety, it's sort of a modernization of Twilight Zone I'd say. Great show though. And someone in here mentioned Jacobs latter, which I totally forgot about. It's older but fuck it's a good one. A classic if you will. Pretty much exactly what you described looking for.

primer?

I thought it was entanglement
here is the synapse:
self entitled engineers and liquid nitrogen + batteries = much energy to merge time.

time is past present and future. we're in one spot in time but we are not.

>>the cell
>so underrated
No.

mulholland drive?

You work overnight at friday, stay strong bro... about Jacobs ladder... already found it and downloading it.. yeah its 1990... i like old movies so im sure im gonna like it ...

OP is leaving you guys.. i gotta goo.... thanks for advices im gonna check all movies i havent seen yet and you will find a thread when i do. where we can exchange good movies and opinions .. dont worry... you will know its me... moviemaker =)

>90s
that's old?

inb4 he calls himself patrician

If you like Gyllenhal then watch Nightcrawler and Enemy. Both those movies are intense and probably his best work same director for both and Jake in both they are amazing.

What film?

That movie is over rated. It sucked ass

muh drugs

Butterfly Effect, was actually really good. I could not fathom that I'd just seen Ashton Kutcher in a good movie... that isn't just good because it's retarded like, Dude Where's My Car?

why has no one mentioned 'the fountain' yet?
it was a great movie which was at least very mysterious during the first viewing

>Jacob

Seconded...best mind-fuck movie I have ever seen. Quite creepy/scary at times also. Also a chance to see Tim Robbins doing great work before anyone really knew who he was. Little McCauley Culkin even shows up to make an appearance before his "Home alone" days.

This is one where you spend the entire movie going "What the fuck?" And then at the end you get the whole "Aaaah...so that's what was going on" thing.

A true classic, and in my top ten all-time.

it always reminds me of: pic related.

book was better I know.
didn't read.

maybe because I watched them at the same time

The fountain was ok

Personally, the original nightmare on elm street was pretty fucking confusing; especially the ending. It's an ok movie, if you're willing to meet it half way.

Ever watch Eraserhead, OP?

One flew over the cuckoos nest