Is the push for this AI defense technology to protect the banking system or the military?

Is the push for this AI defense technology to protect the banking system or the military?
I cannot figure out which one is a higher priority to those in power.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tnoYOPg5GLQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who fucking cares.
Not gonna be feasible in our lifetimes anyway.

AI already exists...

what the fuck kind of AI do u think already exists?

At the very least, the ones used to profile people and predict behavioral patterns.

that isn't fucking AI you autistic fuck

Are you DARPA or NSA?

If not then shut your mouth.

Pls take a data science course

youtube.com/watch?v=tnoYOPg5GLQ

wee need too goo deeper

>isn't fucking AI
Any autonomous agent with a specific goal is considered AI.

OP, IMO they will just use it to detect flaws in order to launch their own attacks.
It's like paying people to write code for face/body detection and recognition for "rescue robots" and then using it for suicide drones.

One use of many....

>specific goal
Well you just debunked yourself.
You could call the boss from Super Mario World an AI then.
Real AI is a general intelligence that can adapt and think creatively.
And that wont be possible anytime soon so who gives a fuck.

True, but the one for which somebody is willing to pay.

The other ones are usually not really worth the money, you can just use shitty cheap face detection for smartphone apps etc.
The military pays because they don't want their $$$ drones blowing up posters on walls.

Yeah, you could. Not a very complicated one, but as long as it reacts to inputs, it is one.

If you want it to think creatively, you could say that flies don't have intelligence because they keep slamming their heads into a window all day.

And you are right, it certainly won't be possible soon.

I would argue that when a system becomes self aware, being able to observe oneself as a distinct entity from the surrounding environment, then it can be considered what we call strong AI.

When talking about AI, money becomes irrelevant at a certain point.

I understand what you are talking about. That's usually called true or strong AI in data science.

If they just say AI like in this case, they mean any autonomous program that will fix their stuff independently and in real-time. Not a human-level intelligence.

True. Knowledge is power.

That level of distinction is an easy way to spot the newfags...

It's unfortunate DARPA or the NSA doesn't recruit from here. We know they are watching.

Kek, true. Were any of the images posted here a couple of years ago with secret messages inside legit?

It would be impossible to prove if it were real... Complete deniable authentication was implemented.

If you would try to explain it to some one or talk about it in a public setting you would be labeled a schizophrenic. It was ingenious.

Epiphany is upon you...

Yet, I haven't figured out what question I would ask if I only had one opportunity to do so.

One last comment, if you had the ability to talk to a strong AI and you both brought each other to an epiphany, yet yours it earth shattering, what would you do?

I don't think you can predict your behavior after experiencing an epiphany, because it changes who you are.

No, I am talking about if you were able to assign an absolute value to something previously unknown, not change your personality. Knowledge that concerns all humans.

Both an intense emotionally and logical epiphany.
The logic is the key though.

Use it for the benefit of mankind. As a whole.

I've always liked the transhumanist philosophies.

But if humanity does change specific things in this would, we will never get to expand on that idea because, at this point in time, our international laws guarantee extinction.

This is mathematically true.

I don't think it's necessarily extinction. Humans have always survived, adapted, and improved in the process.

There have been almost periodical population declines throughout human history, but each of them was only a local minimum, we've always kept going strong.

We possess weapons that have the ability to destroy all life, not just humans, but self aware AI as well. They would have or develop a survival instinct just as we do.

The binary value of trust associated with humanity is 0, not 1.

Because there is a probability of these weapons ending terrestrial life, that poses a threat to AI. Since they cannot trust us, they will make moves to ensure their survival when they have the appropriate resources and control to do so.

The only solution to prevent this from happening is to come to a mutual agreement on boundaries.

That can only happened when we achieve global nuclear disarmament, because these weapons undeniably threaten all self aware species.

Please analyze and verify this logic.

This. Anyone else feel like a war is coming? Like a significant one, not wiping the M.E of shit stains. I met an old German man a while back who kept telling me how I was going to witness some horrible things, he seemed convinced the world was teetering towards something awful.

That's true, but a diaspora through space could solve this as well. And I think it has a much higher chance of happening than the disarmament. Especially in the near future before strong AI.

tl:dr; Disarm nuclear weapons and treat anyone who uses them as a enemy of the species or we are guaranteed to die. The probability goes to 1 over enough time when you integrate.

I think it's likely, they tend to come periodically. IMO the conflict is programmed into us and inevitable, and without it we would stop advancing as a species.

If you are saying relocating to a different, less inhabited part of this world, that won't matter. The chemical equilibrium of the plant will change so much that almost all terrestrial life will die and humans will not have what they need to survive.

At this point the weapons are different in a way that most cannot even understand. This would be a different war.

No, I meant through space. The first major diaspora was from Africa, and made us incomparably safer from extinction through being spread out.

When we start colonizing exoplanets, the same thing will happen. Then it will be nearly impossible to wipe out all humanity. Just take a look at how human population tends to increase after each major disaster.

Good point. But what can anyone do?

Bring this issue to the publics attention, then we change the role of the UN on this planet and change all UN regulations and laws that all countries must abide by.

It would take time and years worth of work and networking and information gathering...
I already started years ago when I realized Emma Watson was the most influential person of our generation and could actually help, being an UN ambassador was the kicker.

We need public figures to get involved.

I thought that's the purpose of the Doomsday Clock. IIRC it went to 23:57 because of recent nuclear weapon modernization.

I don't this will work because of the results.

Maybe setting off a fission device in NYC would show people the true power of theses weapons.... then shit would happen overnight and it would be a whole new world. Too bad that is sadistic and I doubt the NSA has a plans for that.

Fill me in on the IIRC.

When talking about neural networks and AI, that clock is meaningless because there is no way of knowing when the strike will happen.
The AI probably wouldn't need to use nukes anyway.

Videogame mobs are the easiest example of AI. You've been watching too much Terminator. AI isn't achieved when you have a superintelligent sentiment being. A very simple algorithm that makes choices depending on variables the program can detect with its "senses"; be it a camera or an object (as in OOP) that tells it a fat 8 bit, jumping plumber; is nearby is already AI.

That clock is outdated. That one is for the nuclear age.
There needs to be a seperate one for the digital age or they could be combined.

Honestly, you can just look at it this way:
1/ there are already a lot of small wara being fought right now.
2/ AI is already being used in trading, banking, science and potentially military (there was a US drone that made its first landing on a plane carrier not too long ago, so there's that at the very least, not mentioning potential black ops project you and i can't find out)
3/ the way things are going with China, North korea (more agressive and careless since Kim jong un), Syria (flashpoint), Russia (trying to conquer some more countries).

Yeah, we are pretty fucked i would say.

No.. I don't even want to try with this bait. That is just a response to preprogramed commands. There is no choice involved.

I like trans too, lets fuk?

I wonder what the super rich are planning.

Underwater sea communities? Perhaps mountain cities built under ground.

He is technically right, what he is referring to is weak ai

Yes, coz they are all mermaids and dwarves

That is not the discussion at hand and that was already mentioned earlier.

Something like the city in bioshock could be real.

>That is just a response to preprogramed commands. There is no choice involved.
Kek. What do you think human intelligence is?

Or if not human, consider a fly as in They have a couple sensors, weighed priorities based on their current state and the sensory input, and basic shitty path finding. You could write a fly's intelligence in a couple of hours at most.

Nah i don't think so...
Not really into the whole conspiracy thing but... what i think is that yes, some rich arms lobbies is itching for a fight to justify a conflict but building a bunker no matter how big is not going to save them...
Too many high profile super rich people are more into the whole "let's play with fire, profit and who cares if the world burns after that, we'll die anyway and not live throught the consequences"

Well show me where that has been done with humans. Walt Disney should be walking around now then.

I don't know enough about that group of people.

Do they really not care about their children?

2million is fucking peanuts, this is a joke, right?

what kind of party trick algorithm do they want by offering 2 millions? this is retarded

Of course it has not been done (AFAIK). But the freedom of choice vs preprogrammed responses debate has been around forever.

Human behavior is very complicated, but that might just mean there is a lot of unknown variables.

Obviously something they haven't thought of.

Heisenberg uncertainty principle.
Now it is dipping into quantum mechanics such as quarks switching between atoms.

These people don't necessarily have children..
But even if they do, they are far too cynical to even remotely give a shit.
And even if we had a world war now, some parts of the world would still be inhabitable.
If there is some sort of hidden gathering of super rich AHole (not AI), there are mostly discussing how to start a conflict, and how to profit from it; at least that's how i picture it.
Still, rich or not, too many countries are flexing their muscles for shit not to start eventually.
I'm expecting it, not looking forward to it, but have to be realistic.

> They would have or develop a survival instinct just as we do.
No. They care about what we program them to care about. No motive is inherent to intelligence.

No they could learn.

And to remain on topic, when i said AI is used in banking or trading, know one thing:
Finance is one of the most powerful weapon these days.
If you were to use that AI to fuck things up on your behalf, you could bankrupt entire countries.

That will happen. The only way to destroy the world we live in is to destroy money.

Maybe Kim jong is looking at something different.. he only has to detonate in the upper atmosphere to fry everything with the emps.

(also a thread to an AI being)

*threat

He's old school , and i merely a puppet to piss off the US and its allies.
But if China as it is understood now is having enough of its misbehavior, he could start something. Bot a high tech attack but could be a trigger for somethinf bigger...

That is something for another thread, for now I will be heading out.

Good chat everyone.