What does Sup Forums think of the new privledgebusters film?

what does Sup Forums think of the new privledgebusters film?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostbusters_(franchise)
the-numbers.com/movies/franchises/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_to_the_Future_(franchise)
dictionary.com/browse/franchise
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I havent seen it yet so I don't know

I think it's pandering to feminazi's and fake nerd girls, while simultaneously destroying a beloved franchise. Ghostbusters was one of the few comedy/horror films that works.

What's your reasoning behind this?

>what does Sup Forums think of the new privledgebusters film?

Goo in loo

Mainly because it's ALL women, it's almost too obvious. It also has zero horror element. The ghosts look like cartoons. Also it's obviously a cash grab as you can see all the shitty merch in every store.

He probably saw it.

nice amp

knew saved this image for a reason

I think there is only one Ghostbusters worth seeing, because the other has paid for good reviews and still only manages to get an okay rating.

It's a shitty cash grab, the main 4 women protagonists don't have any chemistry between them, the script was pretty shit, there were a few somewhat funny scenes but that from the chris hemsworth secretary character, marketing was a disaster, it's mediocre at best, 3.5/10

>fuck paragraphs

The plot leak proved it to be horribly written. The budget but no pay cuts will prove it to be horribly filmed. Brace yourselves for the "oppressed by the patriarchy" blame for this steaming pile of shit failing.

Who is supposed to be who? The black one is obviously Zeddemore, but the others?

The patriarchy will have vengeance!

...They're all supposed to be sluts.

Mcarty is prolly playing murrays part

I think egon was the woman with the blonde hair who licks the gun (forgot her name)

the fat one I think is dan aykroyd

and bill murray is kristen wig

I have no idea but I pulled that out my ass

- Haven't watched it
- Not going to
- I am content without fem-nazis on my screen

Also in the first one you almost forgot that Winston zeddemore was black, he was just another quality character. This time it felt like they shoved the fact that the girl was black down your throat and almost forced a race/equality issue that want there to begin with.

>Poorly written plot
>Bad acting
>Bad directing
>Bad post-production
>Ugly bitches playing ghostbusters
>Way too much political correctness.

>It sucks!

>/Thread

Almost like forced equality over really quality characters

>implying I'm going to watch that
I saw Ghostbusters over 80 times in a couple summers when it came out on beta as a kid.

I'm still pissed about Ghostbusters II.

No fucking way I'm going to George Lucas Prequel myself and needlessly beat down another happy element of my fucking boring childhood.

Fuck all these assholes for slinging sequel shlock to capitalize on nostalgia instead of making new ideas and innovating.

Hmm. Makes sense. I really like Kristin Wiig, but I'm not going to watch this one until I can see it for free while sitting on my couch. I can't name a single good remake.

Wasnt winston also ex military? That makes more sense than yo ive got a car and know how to get around the city. Are car loans and google maps not part of this universe?

You are me. Are you me?

Kristen Wig has had better roles in other movies but this remake is terrible, do not pay for this movie, torrent it or download a car and go to a drive thru movie place

Apparently Aykroyd said the 2009 ghostbusters game is basically ghostbusters 3 canon

>privilege busters

>but the supply side of the free market
>pursues the low-hanging fruit/easy money
>which is milking existing products to death
>and protecting investments in the way things are
>and not overturning the applecart
>and risking losing mad $ on unproven ideas

Oh shit. I think cuntbusters just destroyed free market libertardianism

I could be.
How much $ ya got?
lol

Holy shit those are some high prices for an action figure.

lol nobody wants them

It's OK. Could have been worse, could have been better.

>download a car and go to a drive thru movie place
3d printing the downloaded car file as i write this

Some. Pic related.

The funniest thing about this whole thing is that there are grown men stupid enough to care about something as retarded as Ghostbusters. Really guys, if you care about this at all, you're as retarded as the feminazis.

This movie is shit, and leave it to the critic cucks to give it average ratings.

Warcraft was god like compared to this steaming pile of shit.

It's more bemoaning the quality of the product that hollywood puts out these days. Also, how much of an insufferable cunt are you that you would call something that someone enjoyed in their youth retarded? Do you even nostalgia, faggot? Go do something with your life if you're so above this.

Good enough for me, prob more than I've got left at this point. Let's swap.

Brace yourself for your new ex wife and alimony bill lol. Also the car is on its last legs and the boat needs a new coat of varnish.

i loved the warcraft movie. why is it so hated

The funniest thing about this whole thing is that there are grown men stupid enough to care about something as retarded as Sup Forums threads talking about Ghostbusters. Really guys, if you care about this at all, you're as retarded as the feminazis.

Looks like someone had a shit childhood or you're underage

ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ◕ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ

I did too, though the critics thought otherwise. I was simply saying it's rediculous that this shit got better reviews.

◕ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ

I had an OK childhood. Also, superheroes are stupid.

Ghosts declaring victimhood due to ghostbuster microaggressions.

Ghostbusters is not a beloved franchise it's just an old movie hardly anyone even watched anymore. What's sad is that Hollywood has sides ideas all it can do is copy old mid tier movies from 30 years ago. I just wish there were more original ideas.

There are people ITT who really think Ghostbusters is some sort of masterpiece that is being desecrated. I bet you're all Americans.

>2 films
>tv cartoon
>toys
>not a beloved franchise
Millennial detected

not true. Batman's the second smartest man on the planet.

>The black one is obviously Zeddemore

What bugs me, is Zeddemore wasn't dumb. He may not have been a scientist by trade, but he was smart and worked hard and was part of the team.

For his role they cast a she-boon who seems to revel in reinforcing every black stereotype imaginable. Shea one small step away from steppin' and fetchin'.

"Owwwhhh yessah, im finna bus' dem ghostesess up real good fo yah, suh!"

I would not see this shitty movie if tickets to see it were given to me for free.

>had a theme tune so beloved it's impossible to say in a room "who you gonna call" regardless of context and not have someone say "Ghostbusters" in return.

I'm 44. The second film was shit and no one bought any of the crap they sold or watched the shitty cartoon. Star Wars and Star Trek are franchises. Ghostbusters is a decent old movie but nothing more.

If nothing else this does make me want to see the original again. haven't seen it in probably 20 years. fuck im getting old.

i hope someone shoots up a theater while its playing but only targets the women inside

Superheroes are stupid and gay, and in the future they will be used in anthropological studies as examples of American childishness.

Still just a part of the movie. Like danger zone in top gun and I'm all right in Caddyshack. Those aren't franchises either.

16.99! Huueee.

>/thread-ing your own post
Fuck off manchild

That is a valid point user. Also, the man doesn't age.

Exactly my thoughts

>Showing you're under the age of 22 this early in the morning

Jesus fucking Christ, please stop pretending you're older than you are. You have no idea how wildly popular that shit was in the late 80's and early 90's. Go Slimer a cock you candyfag

>I'm 114

Sure pal.

The year it came out it was popular but then it faded. The attempts to keep it going were sad and disappointing. Get over it.

>no one bought toys or watched the cartoon
Well you being 44 I should fucking well hope that neither you nor your social circle bought or watched those that the time.
For people at the age it was aimed for, yes they were popular. Which is why the cartoon had more than one season and even a seperate "sequel" series of cartoons and a whole buttload of comics.

Not a masterpiece, but it was a good film that genuinely made me laugh
This is shit

You need to get out of your moms basement

>wurt

Noice

This user gets it. I'm 37 and can confirm.

Did you come up with that all by yourself, sweetie?

Still a ripoff.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostbusters_(franchise)

How many non-franchises produced this much stuff? Especially over decades? If it wasn't popular, why would companies keep pumping money into a worthless IP?

Just my $0.02, I think people in general are sick of reboots and remakes. The difference being that people do love the Ghostbusters movie, but when it came to reboots like Dredd, Robocop, and Total Recall, there was no viewership or outrage.

People didn't care that Hollywood tried again with Judge Dredd; it was a mildly successful comic book, and it was largely ignored both times it was made into a movie. Also, movies like this weren't made to push an agenda - no one had a diversity checklist and thought that was enough to do a movie. Ghostbusters 2016 and it's agenda was clear to a lot of people from the start, which lost interest for quite a few people.

Movies should be entertainment, and the people that would be entertained by this movie aren't going to go pay to see it because capitalist patriarchy blah blah. Sony reduced expected earnings to what, $30-45M, not even covering its production costs and budget? They know their attempt to stir the pot and get people to see a shitty movie based on manufactured controversy failed.

Oh and Paul Feig should learn to not insult the audience he wants to have pay to see his movies, thought that was obvious but he was oblivious apparently.

Back the future had more shit than that and wasn't a franchise either.

Then what pray tell is a franchise?

the-numbers.com/movies/franchises/

You need to have more than one movie/tv series that's decent. Star Wars Star Trek, lord of the rings all are franchises. Ghostbusters is simply a decent old movie. That's it.

> Ghostbusters
> Ghostbusters II
> The Real Ghostbusters
> Ghostbusters (TV Series)
> Extreme Ghostbusters
> Ghostbusters: Ecto Force
> Many vidyas
> Ghostbusters 2016

but

> need to have more than one
> more than one
> one

Nigger can't read can he?

He did. Bought the game on steam as soon as I saw the trailer for this shitshow. Is a good time

I SMELL social media manipulation here.

NEVER FUCK with Sup Forums.

DECENT

Well that's your fat fuck faggot opinion if you think something is "decent" or not, but that's not what qualifies a franchise.

That's like saying, "Eh, I only really liked Batman Begins, so it's not really a trilogy anymore." Your opinion on the content doesn't determine anything, chode.

DECENT MOVIES!!!!!

Everything besides the first is a shit show.

>"Back to the future not a franchise"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_to_the_Future_(franchise)

It will still be a trilogy just not a franchise

Making a bunch of shitty sequels does NOT create a franchise

>dictionary.com/browse/franchise
>8. a set of creative works and related merchandise that share a fictional world, as films, television shows, books, or games: the Star Wars franchise;

Born in 82' and where I grew up that shit was fucking huge. The toy guns they came out with sold like crazy and the hype lasted a good 10 years. Quit pretending you mouthbreather.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostbusters_(franchise)
>sourcing wikipedia
>nice try shithead

>goo in loo

You were what three when the movie came out? Christ get over it.

just a reminder that the old ghostbuster was a jewish people are cool and heroic propaganda movie

Scarface, Cape Fear, The Magnificent Seven, Throne of Blood, Dredd, 12 Monkeys, Evil Dead 2...

The problem isn't just risk though. Studios take losses all the time, they just need to break even on average. The problem is that no one can even figure out what will likely to make movies do better at the box office, besides recognizable IP and lots of flashy CGI.

And don't blame the market for giving the mouthbreathing masses what they want. If an original idea was a selling point we wouldn't have this problem.

you suggesting it's making claims that the things released under the Ghostbusters license don't actually exist?

Him being that young then is his point. Long after the movie should have any release hype and cultural impact, the IP is still selling like hotcakes.

>Christ get over it.
Aw. Someone didn't grow up when movies and vidjya were good.
You got to grow up with Fallout 4 and fucking Batman Vs. Superman. You poor little fuck.
>never know the joy of diving into The Glow while your geiger screams that you're a suicidal moron

So I guess Dora the explorer is a franchise now.

go here, vote trump non white, and make Sup Forums great again
Takes 2 seconds.

OK you all are sexist. I saw an early screening of this movies and it was great. Easily the best of the series. You obviously just hate women and don't like they made a better movie then the men