Is he right, Sup Forums?

Is he right, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Wc9b-h3hO60?t=1m7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no and I now hate everything about him because he made that joke

Based Cuck King telling it like it is

Don't listen to Louis CK, He's a stupid cuck.

Can i ask you something guys?

Many musicians fail at their primary goal, is it sensible to have a fallback position ?.

Many stars and artists went through decades of hard times and edging it along. Can one both be a college trade on the side and then largely follow their career or is complete commitment necessary.

>You should give up what you genuinely like to do in favor of vapid, disingenous low-value careerism because your dreams might be harder to achieve

Digusting. Law isn't even that secure of a field nowadays. Especially if your heart's not in it.

>Sell yourself for societal success and a job that destroys any motivation for life
>but the money!

This is your brain on capitalism.

not complete, but a lot of commitment is vital for getting a bunch of guys to rehearsal regularly and playing promotion gigs.

and obviously you need to be talented and EXTREMELY lucky. musicians should only pursue a career in music if it's their entire life.

go2bed bernie

why does the mom get thin and hot?

its one of those dumb things that you get mad and then watch it and then release its not what you think

Don't worry about capitalism though, it's destroying itself as we speak

This "comic" offends me

she doesn't have to worry about her son anymore and can work out

Who do you respect and value more Sup Forums:

Jeff Mangum

George Soros

?

A lawyer adds far more value to society than a rock "musician"

I'm studying engineering and at the same time making music. Pursuing music as a career is a meme and will only lead to bad music since you will eventually feel uninspired and will have to force yourself to make shit albums to pay the bills. (See: any artists from the 70s or 80s that are still making albums today)

Not really

i'm cramming for SecReg. spare me right now

plot twist: it was under her pillow and its just a dream (which is why she is suddenly thin. look at her arms in the first picture they are purposely made fat.)

If you ever get arrested, just play pink floyd then

>implying people should care what their value to society is

He is wrong in the regard of it being a stupid career but being a musician sertainly is not typically a reliable one for income

hows that soundcloud of yours coming along? any day now you'll be a hit! any day!

then don't expect anything from society. you're not a professional musician or a lawyer so it doesn't matter what you think you sponge

>play 3 chords in your mom's basement hoping you "make it" in a dying industry
This is your brain on hippie bullshit

if his show wasn't just such a work of genius, this guy would be absolute shit. his stand up is low key trash.

that's only if you let it. you literally don't have to prioritize money and live in a capitalist society

t. 16 year old "nihilist"

it might be shocking to hear but perhaps adhering to society is how to have an enjoyable life.

You dont have to contribute to society but society owes you nothing in return. If you really feel that way then fucking leave you selfish twat

That's not a reason for giving up your self-actualization for meme careers. If your self-actualization is within serving your society then fine but it shouldn't be a reason to live a mediocre life, with so much untapped potential crushed by cynical safety.

Why would you care about what society wants when you are an individual? Sure, I might suffer. I probably won't even acheive my dream but even failure is a millions time better than working my ass off for 30 years on something I'm not passionate about.

That being said, if your heart's totally not in making music then yes, an alternative should be considered but it should be an alternative you like. Not because it "makes alot of money."

>man isn't a political or social animal

Pull out your Aristotle-for-Dummies and try again.

>getting baited this hard

>Why would you care about what society wants when you are an individual?
Because humans are social beings and lonerism is perhaps the worst thing that can happen to a person. You can be an artist if thats what your passionate about and youre good at, but dont pretend like you dont need society or owe it anything

and then top it off with some GWHeggz

but don't actually read him, obviously.

...and a doctor probably adds more than a lawyer, or a police officer, or whatever.

The point is, there is always going to be work that is more or less beneficial to society. Just because you're not saving lives with it doesn't mean you shouldn't pursue it.

And art (in this case youth-art, popular music or whatever) clearly does benefit society, psychologically and emotionally even if not materially. Not sure how you could argue to the contrary.

And I should also say that certain lines of work fill certain niches, art might be very niche compared to something like waste management, but still important for a healthy society.

I don't take advice from balding cuckolds so I don't care

I'm pretending nothing of the sort. I'm merely saying that an individual's genuine interests should not be skewed by what society views as a "bad dream" or "useless." I acknowledge that society is integral for humanity but society is not humanity wholly. In fact, what makes a society work better is the individual indentities of many. Defining yourself to a collective is, ironically, detrimental to the progression of society.

Therefore, it would follow that despite being in a society, you should still care for your own interests over all else. At the end of the day that's what we want to do anyways but spooks who hold ostensible authority prevent from doing so.

in only extremely rare cases does art benefit society. how many people actually do make good art in the end like 100 out of every billion?

link to the interview

>youtu.be/Wc9b-h3hO60?t=1m7s

I wouldn't say ONLY extreme cases. You can take your average shitty indie band who creates awful art, and even in their performances they're creating opportunities for people to hang out and socialize.

Our society is dominated by entertainment as well, it's difficult to underestimate the impact content creators can have on people's thinking.

Agreed, especially with
>Defining yourself to a collective is, ironically, detrimental to the progression of society.

I would say however that many of our self-interested DO in fact benefit society, since in order to fulfill your goals you need to make social and monetary transactions with other people. You need to scratch someone else's back to get yours scratched, etc. The obvious exception would be like, hitmen and hard drug dealers and whatever whose interests actively break down society.

>Therefore, it would follow that despite being in a society, you should still care for your own interests over all else

you didn't make an argument for that conclusion at all. simply asserting the benefit of individual identities in no way entails that individual identities should be pursued over everything.

do stirner kids even take intro to logic? or is that a spook course?

>society
>capitalist society

Fixed that for you

Any society. I have no idea what youre getting at

why not just pursue a fufilling career while enjoying and maybe even making music as a side hobby

is that so hard guys

>says the stand-up fucking comedian

he's not wrong though desu

I've also assserted that any identity outside the individual is not only detrimental to the wants and needs of the individual, but also society as a whole. I admit my error in not exactly justifying egoism fully (Really what I meant to say was individual interests should be pursued over societal interests. "Everything" was a shitty choice) but if a collective identity is not sufficent and an individual one also isn't then I ask what alternative could possibly be posited?

>society is integral for human flourishing (you're acknowledgment)
>for society to function, some individual interests must curbed in favor of social interests (basic requirements of social convention)
>thus, if we care about human flourishing, some individual interests must be curbed in favor of social interests (individual interests should not always be pursued over social interests)

have at it

has anyone actually watched the video? the literally says that the arts is what gives life meaning in a world without religion.

the title is just clickbait

hey I thought it was funny

>for society to function, some individual interests must be curbed in favor of social interests

OK, I largely agree with this assertion. However, what I am arguing has to do with normative action of the individual, not neccessarily what a society should do. I do agree that there should be a state that largely supports, regulates, and enforces societal interests. I do not think that a society that lets people do anything they want is at all ideal. But this in no way entails that an individual should go along with societal interests when they do not fit their own, at least, not without serious consideration as to how these societal interests benefit or harm them. If an individual decides to align their actions with societal interests it should be because they genuinely want to. They firmly believe in a collective idea and have decided to join it of their own accord. It's still ultimately the individual's interest. It should not be due to any disingenous outside rhetoric of materialistic gains or prestige contrary to an individual's desires. This only produces half-hearted work that wouldn't be as nearly valuable if a person actually went with their passion, even if they fall a little short of their goals. Society should regulate individuals but individuals should never actively submit to its motives without consideration as to how it effects them. That is how you get Nationalism, groupthink, and their ilk.

i agree with much of this but i think its premised on something less ghastly than egoism.

I WANNA FUCK DAT THICC MOM DOE

not him but is right in the way that individuals adhere to society because that is fundamentally what they are meant for, not because they think it will be more profitable.

"Excuse me, I said I wanted the LARGE fries with that. get it right."

if it's a decision you have power over then yes.

also i fucking love louis.

I honestly can't stand him or his show. Absolute garbage that appeals to reddit kiddos

>Louis "Cuck King" CK

BIG
BLACK
COCKS

his show is the best thing on tv since the sopranos. don't hate him cause you aint him.

PURE IDEOLOGY
U
R
E

I
D
E
O
L
O
G
Y

>doing things solely based on how they contribute to society
Well, looks like no more free-time for you buddy.
Get back to work.

Yeah who else will represent those label companies and bigger acts in court?

coming from a comedian

wtf I hate music now.

It's ridiculous how fast Sup Forums completed 180'd on Louie the second he got any mainstream attention

People here used to hail him as the next George Carlin back in '10-'11.

And god, the stupid cuck/SJW thing... It doesn't even make sense--much of what he does starts with sheer shock value, saying the most offensive things he can image

He's just a genuinely funny guy, but NO, Sup Forums has to be vaguely more edgy than that

>mfw I'm a tuba performance major

I-it'll all work out, right?

nah mate you're fucked lol

yes

Can you elaborate on this?

that was funny though haha

lol maybe for you loser.

another lame ass square nerd who gets no bitches talking on Sup Forums get out of here loser

>If you really feel that way then fucking leave you selfish twat
actually, i think i'll overthrow your system from the inside out instead

>Louis "Kill all white people" CK

Yeah I seriously don't understand the meme calling Louis a cuck sjw or whatever considering he's pretty much the only white person in all of entertainment with the balls to say nigger, and has never been criticized for it.

>implying finance and law are not bad dreams
>not studying natural sciences
kek'd

well that was pretty depressing

I saw this back then on yt and watched it. the title is pretty misleading but yeah he pretty much said that.

i dont like him now

fucking louiss Cuck K

kek

yeah man u'll be the greatest tuba player there is!

Not really, no.

Unless you consider art has no value, that is.

Depends how you define a good career really. If you just want the most money with the least effort of course not. Some people find value in other things

But that doesn't make any sense. If anything "adhering to society's rules" means, it is to meet a woman and procreate.

Exactly. Only President-Elect Donald Trump can truly Make America Great Again!

>A lawyer adds far more value to society
'Society' being a sum of accumulations of extra-large capital, then yes. Society being an entirety of fellow human beings, then hang this bastard as soon as possible.

What if you lived in Cambodia during Pol Pot's massacres, would you adhere to society?
>b-but we live in different times, right?
Not really, you can't even imagine how surprisingly fast things can escalate anywhere anytime, and your dumb mantras won't help.

Why not pursue no career at all and just do bullshit wage slavery while devoting your spare time to music? Anything that can be defined as a career will eat your free time like crazy, its a fuckin rat race man and I aint playing that game, but I am still contributing to society in a tangible way.

why is everyone screeching and mooing and yelling all the time? jesus christ, are americans really that anoying?

Yes. In fact probably more annoying than that most of the time.

I wouldn't say he's right, but he's not exactly wrong

ziggy shitdust is spreading

hahahaha yeah man youre going to overthrow the system with your shitty noodling bandcamp project you fucking cretin

>You should keep what you genuinely like a hobby and strive to make the most of your educational situation so you have the money to pursue your hobby

It's because he denounced trump as facist and Sup Forums lost their shit.

do you think he made those women watch him spank it