U.S. Government Agencies Probe Sexist Hiring Practices In Hollywood

>On Wednesday, the ACLU announced a federal investigation into sexist hiring practices in Hollywood is underway. In response to an official request by the ACLU of Southern California and the ACLU Women’s Rights Project, the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs are “launching a wide-ranging and well-resourced investigation into the industry’s hiring practices.”
>Melissa Goodman, director of the LGBTQ, Gender and Reproductive Justice Project at the ACLU of Southern California, wrote in her statement:
>In the year since our report was released, there has been much lip-service paid to furthering opportunities for women, but few definitive steps and no serious movement in the number of women directors hired. We are confident that the government will corroborate our work and push industry leaders to address the ongoing violations of the legal and civil rights of these directors and of all women in the film and television industries.
thinkprogress.org/culture/2016/05/12/3777701/

IT'S OVER PEDOWOOD IS FINISHED

>ACLU
>fighting for liberty

Maybe in the past, but not anymore. They just stir up non-issues for attention and money. They're the Nation of Islam of lobbyists.

>Nationwide election fraud

Better put our energy toward making sure enough strong women are getting meme movie rules!

Defend this, liberals.

>aclu
>fighting for even MORE diversity-hiring
kek didn't realize that "getting hired over a more qualified applicant because of your race/sex/orientation" was a civil right

>government meddling in private affairs in the name of social justice

Oy vey but those evil Republicans eh goy?

EVERYONE IS THE SAME, SO IF THERE ARE ANY DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE RACES OR SEXES IN RATES OF EMPLOYMENT IN high status/fashionable OCCUPATIONS IT MUST BE BECAUSE OF SECRET DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!!

>this is actually what liberals believe

Why the hell is the ACLU supporting this kind of thing? Is freedom of association not a civil liberty?

>ACLU
>Government agency

I can't wait for the reverse push and people start demanding more male nurses.

Seriously women, why can't you just let men be nurses? Why are you oppressing males who want to get into the nursing field? Is it because that male nurse might be gay?

I cherish the memory of that picture surfacing here.

Those liberals really love government, I wonder how its going to feel

ha haahaaa

>sexism and illegal hiring practices are a non-issue

Well thank you for man-splaining that.

>Equal Opportunity Employment commission
>Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
>not government agencies

try reading next time

Are you oppressing me because I can't read?

I'm a guy and I study nursing. During clinical practice, and from what I hear from my professors, women in the field actually want more male nurses. Then again, I'm not in the US.

Nothing will come of it because no laws are being fucking broken.

This is about equity, not equality.

I really fucked up my sentence structure there...

I just love be how white women have suddenly tricked everyone that they are a discriminated minority.

I feel like I'm losing my mind. How in the fuck are white females an underprivileged minority??

>harder-to-measure experiences of implicit bias, like a studio essentially saying they want a director who is "into action" to send a message that only male candidates need apply.

What the fuck am I reading

Hiring and wage gaps.

My gf is a nurse, works in Oncology. I only posted that to point out that if more men wanted to be nurses more would be and if more females wanted to be directors, more would be.

It's the stupid feminist argument that if every profession isn't a 50/50 male to female ratio that somehow females are being held down. I really like American Psycho, a great movie directed by a female, I just don't think many females want to do that.

see Legally, they can be hired and payed the same salary.

But BECAUSE there is a disproportionate amount of men vs women, that automatically means there is systemic misogyny.

Ironic considering Hollywood is the left's sacred cow.

>he still believes the wage gap meme

I wonder if there are ever any investigations regarding the amount of hiring equality in the professions of garbage handlers, janitors and ditch diggers?
After all, shouldn't there also be equality in menial and labor intensive jobs?

Well if it's not true then I guess Hollywood's got nothing to worry about with an investigation.

>thinkprogress
>the ACLU

>ACLU
>Fighting for anything other then staying relevant.

Yeah, I see your point.

Hollywood actors get paid on a role by role basis. If anyone's getting a shitty deal, it's because they're shitty negotiators, or are willing to accept a shitty deal. Or their acting isn't good enough for them not to be easily replaceable.

test

I don't have a problem with equal pay, I think it's a legit argument. What I DO have a problem with is equal talent. If a fucking jockey doesn't win horse races does he bitch about not getting paid? No. Where's all the women wanting to be jockys?

Did anyone ever say a woman couldn't professionally ride a horse? But you know why they don't beat that drum, it's because nobody gives a shit...even women.

Lmao I have yet to hear about a female oil rig worker or miner.

This wage gap nonsense only exists because American women have princess complexes

in my country men work a third more hours and get paid a third more

it correlates nigh perfectly and the real hourly wage difference is 0.003

I bet it's similar in your country...

Women are basically Jews, nothing will change.

I feel like this story pops up a couple times a year. Some group gets rowdy about the "wage gap" or hiring practices in Hollywood, the government pretends to give a shit and launches an investigation, then nothing comes of it.

>implying a woman didn't direct one of the greatest action movies of all time

Sure, people bitch about it and all of a sudden a big stupid chunk of money falls from the sky to fund the investigation. Meanwhile a few dicks get a job doing nothing of consequence on the government's dime, and further expanding the budget of government agencies.

Bureaucracy fucking loves more bureaucracy.

Here's the thing, federal investigations are carried out because complaints are filed with the appropriate agencies. They're not wizards, and their job is not to enforce that all walks of life are equally represented in every field. It is their job, however, to see that there are no barriers to entry to a field being created on the basis of sexual, racial, or religious discrimination, which is illegal under the Civil Rights Act. If women were filing complaints that they weren't being hired as garbage handlers or janitors and were alleging sex-based discrimination in hiring practice, you can bet your ass that the EEOC would be all over them, and the last thing anyone wants is a federal investigator prowling around, subpoenaing records and interviewing people.

mines in australia like to hire female plant operators because they clean the cabs and don't spend all day trying to do burnouts in the 200 ton dump truck

Is it just this one faggot making these constant autism viral sexism shit threads?

discussing SJW shit should get you a permaban desu

You're thinking that because the first news of the calls for this investigation came last year and it's now underway. Nothing has "come of it" not because the Federal Government just pooh-poohed it, but because they take their time doing things and don't file reports until every stone has been turned. As they say, the wheels turn slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine. A federal investigation can take years to carry out if the investigator feels the need to do so. But, you know, they almost always come up with something.

>don't spend all day trying to do burnouts in the 200 ton dump truck
What more proof do you need that they're the inferior gender. God man to make woman to make more men who then make bigass dumptrucks to do donuts in.

They are. They violate no one's individual rights. Nazi faggot.

>permaban
Doesn't exist user. Ban evasion is ridiculously easy and doesn't act as a deterrent to a dedicated shitposter.