So I really like this new 24 teams format. Whose idea was it? I'd like to thank them

So I really like this new 24 teams format. Whose idea was it? I'd like to thank them.

Of course yoy like. In the old version portugal would not be able to pass to the round

>wanting for teams wanting to draw in the first 3 games

Portugal's Euro record:

1984-Semi Finals
1996-Quarter Finals
2000-Semi Finals
2004- Runners Up
2008- Quarter Finals
2012- Semi Finals

Very impressive. They are so consistent.

>things would have gone exactly the same of the rules were different

You aren't THIS stupid are you?

consistent with their 'let's not win within the regular 90 minutes' too.

2020 Euro is going to be more weird. There won't be single host. It's going to be held in various countries.

Without this format, we'd have a higher chance of winning against Iceland and especially Austria. They wouldn't be able to afford tying and wouldn't have played so defensively.

A decent chunk of those were losses to the eventual winner too, I think only 2008 and 96 were the exceptions.

This is way worse than 24 teams, fucking UEFA and EU bullshit

What is the problem with having multiple host countries?

Our previous teams were offensive teams, is this your first time watching the Euro?

2 countries was fine considering you could just split the teams evenly between host cities. Having it all over Europe is just stupid.

I feel sorry for whichever team has to go Azerbaijan and then take a plane ride over for the next match somewhere in Western Europe.

WC 2018: in fucking Russia
Euro 2020: all over Europe rather than one country
WC 2022: in fucking Qatar

Tfw every major tournament until Euro 2024 is going to be shit

Russia will be fine as long as they handle their hooligan and racism problems. Qatar will be a disaster.

>Russia
>handling hooliganism or racism

99% of their fans in France were there simply to cause problems, now they get to host the biggest tournament in the world. I'll give it 5 hours before someone is murdered once it starts.

This
I'd go to Russia WC but I'm too scared of getting murdered there by some bydlo.
It's even more of a corrupt shithole than Bra71l

If you're white, you'll be fine. If I was black, no way I would go to Russia.

t. UEFA bigwig

Russians hate everyone who is not Russian.